GUILTY TN - Heather Maples, 22, raped & murdered, Murfreesboro, 7 Aug 2015

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Homicide Victim Identified, Investigation Ongoing In Murfreesboro
Aug 7, 2015

29510160.sf.jpg

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - Detectives have been actively searching for the person who killed a young woman in her apartment overnight in Murfreesboro.

Officers were called to the scene at The Cove Apartments after a friend of the victim noticed she hadn't showed up for work at the front office of the apartment complex and went to check on her. That's when her body was found.

I was wondering if you folks could get what information you can about this sad murder. This occurred in Murfreesboro TN late Thursday or Friday. Whom ever is still on the loose and the crime occurred about 8 miles east of here. Land owners are being ask to walk their land and be alert. At my age that can take all day.

What a beautiful girl. Hopefully this murder will be solved quickly as it sounds like it wasn't random and they have a lot of evidence to work with. A resident who had been watching her?

I just put her name in google and came up.
I don't know if its the same person of not but what the hell
https://www.futureme.org/letter/709816-awh
<modsnip>
my god, will she ever stop begging for attention? :|

I guess I don't understand what futureme.org is.....can someone enlighten me plz? I don't want to download the app as I can't imagine ever needing access to it again. What is the purpose of it?

What nasty comments.

I guess I don't understand what futureme.org is.....can someone enlighten me plz? I don't want to download the app as I can't imagine ever needing access to it again. What is the purpose of it?

What nasty comments.

I don't know what it is either.
I just google her name and it was in that link!
It didn't sound very nice.

I usually just read on Websleuths, and rarely ever post, but this story is in my area so it hits close to home. I hope it's okay to post this - I found Heather's Instagram and one of her posts 17 weeks ago is a bit interesting. Makes me wonder if there is a connection. I pray they find who did this soon. Such a senseless loss.

Thx for all the posts and info'.

On her FB@@k, she put that as of Febr. 2015 she was/is 'in a relationship'. I hope that person can help police.

I watched the video part of that tv news station site: The reporter was talking prob' 2 -2 1/2 hrs. ago (because he was speaking for the local noon news). The reporter said that 'the coroner just pulled up to take the body' and he said that the police believe the murderer is someone this girl knew. He also said that one or more persons 'heard a commotion' inside the girl's apt. OH LORD, WHY NO 911 CALL?

Poor child - God Bless this girl. Does anyone know if her mom/dad live nearby ? Any siblings? That apartment complex actually looked 'safe' to me !!! It seemed like the sort of place where, if anything bad happened, all the neighbors would hear it all ! I wonder what in the world happened...

Oh, goodness !! This girl had gotten a restraining order against someone who had 'put his hands on (her)' three to four months ago. Hate to say it, but surely that is a 'person of interest'..... Poor girl. I wonder who it is that murdered her (supposed to be a gruesome murder scene) and why, in the perp's twisted head, was he/she so mad at her that he/she murdered her like that ???

The police say the door was locked when Heather's friend came to check on (the friend had a spare key), so police say they believe she let the person inside. Could the guy/woman against whom Heather got the restraining order possibly have tricked her, 'sweet talked her', to get inside her apartment to murder her? That doesn't quite make sense because of how the neighbors heard 'a commotion'. But maybe it does make sense - maybe the guy let out his fury on her a tiny bit b4 'the kill'. Or, it could be that the guy did 'sweet talk' her to get inside, and Heather said something that 'set him off' - you know, Heather said something about the guy (e.g., 'You always ____________', 'See why I had to get the restraining order on you?'...........

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newscha...ation-Underway-In-Murfreesboro-321059211.html

What nasty comments.

If you click on the link and wait a few mins. the page will load. It looks like the post was written in 2009. Even tho it's dated 2010, the post was written for the future. HTH

It well could have been her stalker. Stalkers are obsessed with the person they are fixated on. They don't "get" what the person is trying to tell them. Many women are too nice and don't want to be mean so this can in the stalkers irrational deductive skills lead them to believe that she is truly interested in them. So sad.
As far as figuring out how someone could gain access to a house or dwelling their are a myriad amount of ways, treachery being one. He might of had help in gaining access as well, who knows? Mostly conjecture at this point.
It is troubling that the most vulnerable among us do not seem to realize just how vulnerable they are.

You guys are always on the ball. Who ever the person is they seem to have come from the area. It is doubtful that this person fled into the countryside because he/she would know that everyone carries firearms. When I went to MTSU in the late 70's it was a ghost town-I hardly recognize it now.

Been gone from here a year or more and your all still at it-wonderful.

Murfreesboro Man Arrested In Death Of Heather Maples

Kyle Evans with the Murfreesboro Police Department said a warrant was issued for 22-year-old Brandon Bowling in the murder of Heather Maples. Bowling was taken into custody and booked into the Rutherford County Jail around 3 a.m. Saturday.

~~~

Detectives said it was not a random crime and that she knew her attacker.

Murfreesboro Police detectives have made a discovery of new evidence in a 2015 murder case that could lead to more victims.
It was an absolutely brutal crime and the suspect was charged with the rape and murder of a 22-year-old woman.
Detectives have discovered so much new evidence that plea talks with the suspect were suddenly placed on hold.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/new-evidence-in-high-profile-rape-and-murder-case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back