Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #21 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

Sierra LaMar Suspect Under Surveillance Before Arrest

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9
Thread#10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16

Thread #17
Thread #18

Thread #19
Thread #20

amanda reckonwith's photobucket link:http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Sierra%20LaMar%20%20-CA-/

presser video thank you Jetaime!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ7QUWlHSeQ&feature=youtu.be

There was a hearing today as far as I know, but I dont know what time and what happened.

The website is not updated constantly

There was a hearing today as far as I know, but I dont know what time and what happened.

The website is not updated constantly

Thanks emiusacska. I'll keep an eye open for an update.

Turkey basters and bleach are also used in meth labs....the DNA is suspect though ...well at least that's what his defence have put forward.
Interesting - so it would be wise for the prosecution to check (in order to be ready to counter such claims) to see if he's made purchase of these items a number of times before, or just this one time in the days before her abduction....

Interesting - so it would be wise for the prosecution to check (in order to be ready to counter such claims) to see if he's made purchase of these items a number of times before, or just this one time in the days before her abduction....

Page 22 of 89 Motion dated: 9/2/15 (Contained within the Link I post @ #99) ....Sgt Leon noted the records show other times when Bleach had been bought, no turkey baster had been purchased at those times ....

So he had previously bought Bleach in the past .....

When I originally heard about the Bleach and baster being bought years back...It was like shock and immediately thought that it signalled something sinister ....

But now...Knowing he had bought bleach in the past it sort of diminishes that initial thought..

Respectfully snipped for context-BBM
Ohh the Safeway attacks.....three victims...not one of them saw their attacker and all were shown a picture line up with Antolin included (May 2012) - Not one of them picked him. One was even referenced as having specifically said Ohh No it wasn't him.....which makes me wonder if she was being directed to him in particular, otherwise why that comment?
One victim noted the attackers tattoo on his right arm (Closer to his wrist than elbow) Antolin has Tatoo's on both arms closer to his elbows than his wrist.

Where did that sketch of the Safeway attacker come from....if none of them saw his face...and why was it that particular article with the sketch only surfaced around the same time as his arrest? - Yes it's predated Mmm would be reassured if there was a physical hardcopy of that article..... I can attest that I personally typed in google search attacks /morgan hill in a hundred different way priors to his arrest and that article with the sketch was never there before then...then up it pops and it's a dead ringer for him. If he worked at Safeway and that Image was in circulation at the time...I am having a real hard time that the finger was never pointed at him in 2009.
The sketch was put out when the attacks occurred in 2009.

From the archives: Morgan Hill police seek Safeway attacker after latest incident

By Lisa Fernandez
Mercury News
POSTED: 03/27/2009 12:42:11 PM PDT | UPDATED: 3 YEARS AGO

She described the man as being in his 20s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 200 pounds, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, dark pants and dark shoes. The description is similar in all three attacks.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12011801

Respectfully snipped for context-BBM

The sketch was put out when the attacks occurred in 2009.

From the archives: Morgan Hill police seek Safeway attacker after latest incident

By Lisa Fernandez
Mercury News
POSTED: 03/27/2009 12:42:11 PM PDT | UPDATED: 3 YEARS AGO

She described the man as being in his 20s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 200 pounds, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, dark pants and dark shoes. The description is similar in all three attacks.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12011801

Thanks Lash

The Sketch IMO is a dead ringer for Antolin as he appeared in 2009 when the attacks took place..... I think this was the original link I had found...It had a picture of a sketch which was dated March 09.....Just weird that the article didn't seem to actually surface until after his arrest...and then it was like a "Whoa" moment for all of us posting at that time. http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/crime_fire_courts/two-women-attacked-in-morgan-hill-safeway-parking-lots/article_0061a7b4-69a2-5357-bb17-4c1f6e37ce8b.html

In 2009 He was working at Safeway....so the question is why wasn't he identified in 2009.....it's just a small thing....but it bugs me.

All Three were presented with a collection of Photo images in May 2012, which included a photo of Antolin - Not one of them picked him out. One was also noted to have said "Ohh No it's not him".....why would she make a statement like that???

Not saying I think he is innocent.....I don't know...

His Background, His Father's conviction, dysfunctional prior family history would certainly fit a theory that he is the best candidate .....and he may be the correct person???

Why the questionable DNA.....only a possible (Not confirmed) match of Sierra's DNA on the armrest behind the drivers seat....and no other DNA elsewhere in the car??.....maybe I'm reading the defence objections incorrectly...

Should be interesting to see what the prosecution comes up with....But to be honest in a trial where the Death Penalty is the only option.....I would want to be dammed sure.... and the defence already has me questioning things.

Just some niggling doubts......I'm only one person....they have to convince how many??

Noted...there was mention of glass beads on Sierra's clothing....no mention in the defence counter of these glass Beads......there may well be evidence that the defence has excluded that confirms Antolin's car was riddled with these same glass (Reflective paint) which would be a major prosecution factor pointing towards guilt.....

It's a waiting game till both sides outline all their evidence...

In the meantime.... I really just wished/wish something would give....

It's been a long time.... and Sierra...her family........all her/their supporters need Justice....truth...and we need to Find Sierra.

I wonder about trying this as a Death Penalty case without a body; how much more difficult with make getting a conviction?

I wonder about trying this as a Death Penalty case without a body; how much more difficult with make getting a conviction?

Mmmm ... That's the thing... I can't see them going with a DP case unless they have some real solid evidence .... So hopefully they do. But yep I would feel more confident if they could recover her body.

Ohhh had to correct what I posted last night... The first Safeway Victim apparently did see her attackers profile. But yet she still didn't pick Antolin's picture in 2012 (photo line up)... strange.

I'm probably not going to be too popular with my comments (Deep Breath)...

Antolin's defence puts forward a pretty good argument.

Why didn't the prosecution admit into evidence before the Grand Jury:

The journal entry found in her school locker...stating she was going to run away on the very day she disappeared.

The two witness statements of people who thought they had seen Sierra after she had gone missing.

Why was there a photo of evidence (The rope) without any hair contained on/within it (On discovery) - then a second picture of it at f (testing) with hairs loosely contained on it.

Forensics linking car carpet fibre consistent with Antolin's....yep...but also an admission that this is not an exact 100% science.

There's a hint that the fingerprint evidence on the battery of the stun gun used in the Safeway attacks was not up to standard...

Ohh the Safeway attacks.....three victims...not one of them saw their attacker and all were shown a picture line up with Antolin included (May 2012) - Not one of them picked him. One was even referenced as having specifically said Ohh No it wasn't him.....which makes me wonder if she was being directed to him in particular, otherwise why that comment?
One victim noted the attackers tattoo on his right arm (Closer to his wrist than elbow) Antolin has Tatoo's on both arms closer to his elbows than his wrist.

Where did that sketch of the Safeway attacker come from....if none of them saw his face...and why was it that particular article with the sketch only surfaced around the same time as his arrest? - Yes it's predated Mmm would be reassured if there was a physical hardcopy of that article..... I can attest that I personally typed in google search attacks /morgan hill in a hundred different way priors to his arrest and that article with the sketch was never there before then...then up it pops and it's a dead ringer for him. If he worked at Safeway and that Image was in circulation at the time...I am having a real hard time that the finger was never pointed at him in 2009.

Breath....I am not saying I think he is innocent....I truly don't know...

Sierra had a contact at school who could supply cannabis and she had indicated she was going to get some for that upcoming weekend...there was mention that she also stated she was going to try ecstasy..

She had mentioned to her best friend that she was going to Freemont to catch up with some *Old* Friends.....one of those witness statement s of having seen someone who he believed was Sierra was in the days after her disappearance in Freemont.....isn't that questionable???

Why would the prosecution leave these thing out if they already knew them?? ....

Sierra is nowhere....she is most likely deceased....But I want the truth!!!...

Why did her phone go off the grid at 7.11am and then magically turn back on at 10.46pm less than a block from her home....CCTV showed Antolin was back and at home in the RV by 9.17pm that night...he didn't turn it back on.
An expert attempted to find any digital intersection of Antolin and Sierra's phone for that day and found none.
The prosecution suggestion that the rain had turned the phone back on....

I have no real understanding of DNA and even reading the prosecutions evidence made it no clearer than mud...but what stood out was there were multiple DNA samples picked up on Sierra's clothing......the defence argument was that the DNA was flawed and inconclusive ??? (May need help deciphering this).

Man...may need help here overall...it's been well over 12 months since I checked in...

Just reading the defence arguments today....brought back so much...ohh the fricken Kittens in the shed....I recall painfully having to read someone going on and on about the kittens and remembered thinking ...Man she was jealous that Sierra may have been feeding the kittens..... the school bus stop...partitions to the city of the inappropriateness of the bus stop...the very first ever accident at the corner of the bus stop that very morning.....and the glass being swept up that very morning. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.....

I recall stalking Sierra's Friends Facebook pages in those early days.....and the name ty... and Tyler came up frequently...

I hope no one reads into my post wrongly..... I had bought into the fact that Antolin was 100% guilty....way back...when he was arrested. I have only checked in irregularly since .....all the continuous of appearances/motions etc.....But this latest from his defense has me well and truly questioning lots of things...

I don't know if I can ever find it again....but I recall posting a few years ago...that around the time they arrested Antolin ....the County of Monterey were in a bidding war for a state of the art multimillion dollar forensics department....seeshh...it was around the time of his arrest...

So much more...but the grey matter is stretched ATM.....

Being from Australia...an totally unaware of any other political influences around the time of his arrest??....

Sorry for the long post....but blown away with what I read today...

Ohhh.... Blue Truck...lol...as soon as I read that I instantly remembered someone directly connected to Antolin who had or at least at one point in time not long after Sierra went missing had posted a video of himself and there was a blue truck in the Video....just saying...

Great posts. Yeah, I haven't checked in on this case in a long time, either. But, I never got the vibes and felt like Antolin was guilty.
I also questioned the Safeway incidents. I do think that witnesses were steered toward picking him.

I believed back then when I followed the case closely that she either ran away from home, or met with foul play by ahem those closer to home. I recall the name Tyler, too. He was a DJ or some kind of cult performer. I believe she had planned to attend or just had attended a show in LA.
The news about her journal in her school locker is the kicker for me. I don't know that she is necessarily dead. Plenty of girls go to LA and are never seen or heard from again. They end up living a drifter/grifter life at the mercy of adult males.

I remember the accused having a great defense attorney at the beginning of this case. A law professor and his view of the evidence convinced me they had the wrong man.

Great posts. Yeah, I haven't checked in on this case in a long time, either. But, I never got the vibes and felt like Antolin was guilty.
I also questioned the Safeway incidents. I do think that witnesses were steered toward picking him.

I believed back then when I followed the case closely that she either ran away from home, or met with foul play by ahem those closer to home. I recall the name Tyler, too. He was a DJ or some kind of cult performer. I believe she had planned to attend or just had attended a show in LA.
The news about her journal in her school locker is the kicker for me. I don't know that she is necessarily dead. Plenty of girls go to LA and are never seen or heard from again. They end up living a drifter/grifter life at the mercy of adult males.

I remember the accused having a great defense attorney at the beginning of this case. A law professor and his view of the evidence convinced me they had the wrong man.

Yes some of the info the defence has come up with really makes you think hard......

When the details from the grand jury first came to light..... All I could take in was the rope evidence with her hair found on it...

and I was thinking Ohh he so must have done it.

But now learning that the rope was actually part of his work equipment given to him by his boss and there was no hair evident in the first photo's when it was taken into evidence - makes me look at things differently - makes me question all the evidence a bit more.

The turkey baster and bleach .... to be honest the first thing I thought of was drug production - not the use of it to cover up DNA....and to be honest if it was purchased with that intention (Shows forward planning)...why would he then discard her bag/clothing at the shed...it doesn't make sense.

But again.... I have no real solid gut feeling on this one ...guilty/not guilty??

Did you ever wonder about the images of the red Jetta in those first few days.... the images released....Did you think they were blurring out/photo shopped part of the back triangular window section??? .....

I have to wonder now with DNA evidence *suggestive* (not confirmed 100% of Sierra's on the back passenger inside doorest .....Could LE have had images of her in the vehicle??

One crazy theory I have is that he may have been a contact for getting drugs .... she had got in his car willingly - But he and possibly someone else who was also in the car have kidnapped her for human trafficking..... It sounds horrible...and I hate that thought...it's just as bad as admitting she could be deceased......but it was another option that I consider could be possible.

It's these dam reflective beads that I am really curious about (The ones mentioned in the Grand Jury Document)....where did these beads (Paint) come from??? ..... Do you remember early on Marlene being interviewed (I think it was an interview outside the search command area)..and she asked people about car repair shops, people who do body works etc....I'll have to find the video.....I'm wondering what had she been told back then for her to ask those sorts of questions to the public - this was even before he was arrested.

Yes some of the info the defence has come up with really makes you think hard......

When the details from the grand jury first came to light..... All I could take in was the rope evidence with her hair found on it...

and I was thinking Ohh he so must have done it.

But now learning that the rope was actually part of his work equipment given to him by his boss and there was no hair evident in the first photo's when it was taken into evidence - makes me look at things differently - makes me question all the evidence a bit more.

The turkey baster and bleach .... to be honest the first thing I thought of was drug production - not the use of it to cover up DNA....and to be honest if it was purchased with that intention (Shows forward planning)...why would he then discard her bag/clothing at the shed...it doesn't make sense.

But again.... I have no real solid gut feeling on this one ...guilty/not guilty??

Did you ever wonder about the images of the red Jetta in those first few days.... the images released....Did you think they were blurring out/photo shopped part of the back triangular window section??? .....

I have to wonder now with DNA evidence *suggestive* (not confirmed 100% of Sierra's on the back passenger inside doorest .....Could LE have had images of her in the vehicle??

One crazy theory I have is that he may have been a contact for getting drugs .... she had got in his car willingly - But he and possibly someone else who was also in the car have kidnapped her for human trafficking..... It sounds horrible...and I hate that thought...it's just as bad as admitting she could be deceased......but it was another option that I consider could be possible.

It's these dam reflective beads that I am really curious about (The ones mentioned in the Grand Jury Document)....where did these beads (Paint) come from??? ..... Do you remember early on Marlene being interviewed (I think it was an interview outside the search command area)..and she asked people about car repair shops, people who do body works etc....I'll have to find the video.....I'm wondering what had she been told back then for her to ask those sorts of questions to the public - this was even before he was arrested.
He may have seen her standing at the bus stop in the past, but I don't think she was standing there the morning she went "missing".
I don't think he ever knew her or talked to her.
The hair is compelling evidence there may have been some tampering. Not saying there was. But, they did have her hairbrush.
Ever since Whitehurst, gave testimony and complaints about FBI evidence tampering and sloppy practices...well, you never know, until somebody gets exonerated after 30 years in jail.

About the red Jetta, I believed back then that there was some sort of tampering with the images. I suspected that it clearly showed a baby car seat, otherwise. My thoughts were that the bag and clothing were what she was wearing and then she changed clothes before being picked up on that street by prior assignation and heading to LA ostensibly to the concert. Possibly someone she believed had arranged for tickets and maybe a place to crash. That's one scenario.
The other, I can't post here.

I don't think the note in her locker is anything. As a teen, I moved in with my dad, across town and new school etc. I wrote constant notes that I'd later throw away saying I wanted to run away. What if Sierra got angry, wrote the note, but never got to get rid of it?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

He may have seen her standing at the bus stop in the past, but I don't think she was standing there the morning she went "missing".
I don't think he ever knew her or talked to her.
The hair is compelling evidence there may have been some tampering. Not saying there was. But, they did have her hairbrush.
Ever since Whitehurst, gave testimony and complaints about FBI evidence tampering and sloppy practices...well, you never know, until somebody gets exonerated after 30 years in jail.

About the red Jetta, I believed back then that there was some sort of tampering with the images. I suspected that it clearly showed a baby car seat, otherwise. My thoughts were that the bag and clothing were what she was wearing and then she changed clothes before being picked up on that street by prior assignation and heading to LA ostensibly to the concert. Possibly someone she believed had arranged for tickets and maybe a place to crash. That's one scenario.
The other, I can't post here.

Yeah forgot about the concert.....there was a lot going on or implied would be happening that weekend. In the defence report it has sworn statements from her friends....One said that Sierra was going to go visit "Old" friends from Freemont, another said she mentioning going to try ecstasy that weekend, and there was something else....ohh forgot now...will have to look it up again...But yeah seemed she had some definite plans..

So wish she could be found....

Any news????........

From memory it was a an unusual morning that day.... Grey matter totally stretched....but wasn't there supposedly an accident at the corner where Sierra would have normally been picked up from - by the bus....

Someone's Grandmother went out to sweep the glass off the road....presumably because it was their granddaughter's first day Driving her car to school...I may be getting confused between this forum and another....

I'm positive the girls mother was the same lady that started all the yellow ribbons...organised them to be posted on all the house fences in the area.....same lady that had complained Verbal/written notes about the inappropriateness of the bus stop for years.. then put in a complaint to police that someone was removing all the yellow ribbons...

The same lady that IMO seemed a little upset that Sierra may have been feeding the kittens.....ahhh ...court reporter???

Anyone else remember......

If he is guilty...may he rot for what he has done...but I can't help but sympathise with her Mum...I need to know...and I need to be 100% sure!!

About the Tyler performer, I think you might be thinking of Tyler, The Creator? It seems like someone she'd listen to, but as far as him seeing her... Not likely. Just had to throw that out there to see if it rang any bells for anyone.

Just catching up with this thread!

You have some good points Puggles!

Any thing "new" on the last hearing? Trial still starting April 22, 2016??

TIA! :seeya:

If she just ran away and wasn't kidnapped, it's kinda difficult to explain the dirt drag marks on the back of her clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail