1266 users online (233 members and 1033 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #2

Perry Cohen & Austin Stephanos

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...ens-nea/nm6b3/

Austin Stephanos and Perry Cohen are strong swimmers and avid boaters and fisherman. They grew up on the water and had vacationed with their families in the islands 85 miles east of Palm Beach County. They had the skill and knowledge to make the journey, even if it seemed like quite a feat for boys about to start high school.
    <snip>
    As of 10 p.m. Saturday, the Coast Guard had searched more than 7,100 miles of ocean waters from Jupiter to Melbourne. Crews overnight were concentrating on an area 35 miles east of Fort Pierce.

Ocean currents current alone could have taken the boys far from the inlet, Coast Guard Petty Officer Mark Barney said Saturday. Authorities notified the Royal Bahamian Defense Force and provided them with photos in the event they come across the teens while doing patrols, he said.

Both families are begging anyone with any information about the boys whereabouts to come forward.
    Thread #1

Heli Aviation search update:
    https://www.facebook.com/HeliAviationFlorida
    UPDATE: We have finally got access to the northern restricted areas around the Kennedy Space Center (NASA) and the controlling agency gave us a two-hour window to search the area around the launch pads with certain restrictions our pilots have to follow. Depending on how quickly we can get funding we may be able to get started tomorrow morning already and send our aircrafts over to Jupiter, FL and then northbound towards the aforesaid restricted areas..... It is our intention to cover these largely unexplored areas meticulously and as quickly as possible and our goal is to reach Wilmington, NC....
    We will provide updates about our progress on a daily basis and as soon as the pilots are able to sit down and do their review. Any assistance by the community is appreciated and we are open for all recommendations and equipment that may be helpful (including night-vision googles, HIDef camera equipment, etc.)......

Do the parents read the FB page? I thought someone said that one of the parents posted on it? If they read it, then what effect will thousands of people insisting that your children will be coming home have on you? I don't think being in denial is a good thing. I doubt you would be able to grieve properly, and it could definitely tear your family apart. I wonder if the parents will have a memorial service or funeral for the boys, and will the FB people finally accept what has happened? I don't mean 5 years from now, but in the next month or so. I feel like maybe the best thing to do is close the FB group, maybe start it up again in a month or so, when the people who are just looking for some excitement in their lives will move on to another story, and those who truly care, and will support parents whose sons died in a tragic boating accident will have a place to go.

The families have decided to end the search:

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-pa...-missing-teens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KristiA View Post

Thank you.
    I think that article pretty much says it all.

After reading the article and the statement by the parents, I think we will see a memorial service/funeral for the boys in the coming weeks. I really hope that the people who keep saying the boys are still alive will back off after that. If they don't, I don't see it as any different than people who say the kids killed in the Sandy Hook shooting are still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by KristiA View Post

I know it had to be a hard decision. But I feel its the best decision. They are in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    After reading the article and the statement by the parents, I think we will see a memorial service/funeral for the boys in the coming weeks. I really hope that the people who keep saying the boys are still alive will back off after that. If they don't, I don't see it as any different than people who say the kids killed in the Sandy Hook shooting are still alive.
    I agree

Completely agree re closing the FB group.

I'm assuming this thread will also be closed.

I wonder about the half million raised for the search . Will that start the foundation ? Or will that be returned ? Or has that already been used in the searching to date?
    The thread will likely stay open here because there may be clues and , sadly, UID's that come up from time to time that may be related.

It must have been a hard decision to make for the parents. But it's the right thing to do now.

May they find peace in their hearts ... at some point.

I hope the family can find peace.....

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    I wonder about the half million raised for the search . Will that start the foundation ? Or will that be returned ? Or has that already been used in the searching to date?
    The thread will likely stay open here because there may be clues and , sadly, UID's that come up from time to time that may be related.
    Blu Stephanos said they went through 100k in one day of pricate searching so I doubt there is anything left.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    They certainly did everything to find their boys, more than most people would or could. Hopefully that will bring them some comfort.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast