1200 users online (235 members and 965 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    No. The article states the brother did the talking "as if translating for Blake". And that it was strange. I still think it may be due to the fact that they were twins but it is kind of a minor point in all this.

Sorry, its BST death certificate, where it says ss# it has no
    I guess that means she didn't have one, so once the new name there would have been no whole lot of questions, just my thoughts on that part of it all
    Way down south, in tha big pine trees

Quote Originally Posted by plowboy45 View Post
    Sorry, its BST death certificate, where it says ss# it has no
    I guess that means she didn't have one, so once the new name there would have been no whole lot of questions, just my thoughts on that part of it all
    Glad we are back to actual sleuthing, this thread seemed to be taken over by Betazoid empaths for a while.

The number on FLEK's Idaho drivers license looks like an employee ID number or whatever it is called. It begins with a 9, so it's not a SSN. The SSA issues them to people who do not qualify for SS, so they can still file their taxes. It probably is something that Idaho generated and not from SSA or Agent Velling would have been all over it. Any thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum P.E. View Post
    Glad we are back to actual sleuthing, this thread seemed to be taken over by Betazoid empaths for a while.

The number on FLEK's Idaho drivers license looks like an employee ID number or whatever it is called. It begins with a 9, so it's not a SSN. The SSA issues them to people who do not qualify for SS, so they can still file their taxes. It probably is something that Idaho generated and not from SSA or Agent Velling would have been all over it. Any thoughts on that?
    Well, I might have thoughts, but I can't share them with you because Betazoid empaths only communicate with other empaths.

Quote Originally Posted by plowboy45 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, look at BST birth certificate and you'll see she had no ss# listed on it, this would have been the perfect certificate to use, then note she got a ss# after the LEK name change, if I'm wrong on this I apologize, but that's the way I remember it, but there is sooooo much to try to remember, oh and at times I kinda want to think she really was BST

PLOWBOY
    SS# being given at birth is fairly new. In the 80's we were given the form after having a baby but it was not mandatory to send it in. My daughter was born in 93, I don't recall if it was similar to my son in 85. Totally different story with my grandson being born in 2013.

I looked on wiki & the SSA am not seeing it

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum P.E. View Post
    TNG is my favorite Star Trek series. No surprise there...

As far as sleuthing goes...

I'm a member of the school of thought that believes "the notes page" was written by someone other than LEK (except for "These Eyes"). I now believe those notes were written by someone who was trying to find someone else...perhaps someone seeking LEK's mother? Someone helping her track down her mother? (I believe the info spring/summer 1988 gave us was valid, for a lot of reasons). Consider that LEK and her mother may have been separated during LEK's childhood, for whatever reason. Also keep an open mind about who or what LEK's mother might have been fleeing. For example, if LEK's mother was running from a man, it doesn't necessarily mean that man was LEK's father. It could have been husband or boyfriend number 2..or 3...or 4... And she might not have been running from a person, but a lifestyle, a situation. I'm pretty sure that if you sleuth the mom, you'll find LEK's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortbold View Post
    As far as sleuthing goes...

I'm a member of the school of thought that believes "the notes page" was written by someone other than LEK (except for "These Eyes"). I now believe those notes were written by someone who was trying to find someone else...perhaps someone seeking LEK's mother? Someone helping her track down her mother? (I believe the info spring/summer 1988 gave us was valid, for a lot of reasons). Consider that LEK and her mother may have been separated during LEK's childhood, for whatever reason. Also keep an open mind about who or what LEK's mother might have been fleeing. For example, if LEK's mother was running from a man, it doesn't necessarily mean that man was LEK's father. It could have been husband or boyfriend number 2..or 3...or 4... And she might not have been running from a person, but a lifestyle, a situation. I'm pretty sure that if you sleuth the mom, you'll find LEK's story.
    Two of my friends died in a tragic car accident when I was in high school, at ages 16 and 15 respectively. Teens morn in different ways, and many of us visited the crash site, as well as the totaled vehicle at the towing yard. When I visited with my friends, I found a piece of notebook paper on the back floorboard where my friend Jamie had doodled on the page of a half written homework assignment, dated at the top with the day he died. The boys families' had already taken all they wanted out of the wreckage, and encouraged us to take anything else. At the moment, just seeing his carefree handwriting, not knowing that at the end of that day he would be gone, made this sheet of paper special to me. I took it home, and I still have it in my high school scrapbook, 23 years later.

I don't remember telling my mom or my husband about this piece of paper, so if I was in FLEK's shoes and someone found this random sheet of paper in my belongings with seemingly incomplete thoughts, figures, and information on it, one might think that all the info pertains to me. However, it's simply the memory of visiting that car and reading Jamie's chicken scratch handwriting through blurred tears that day that the paper is symbolic.

I'm sure that Blake or others could identify FLEK's handwriting, but there's a possibility the info the paper contains is meaningless and it was a memory that she kept.

Quote Originally Posted by T4Tide View Post
    Two of my friends died in a tragic car accident when I was in high school, at ages 16 and 15 respectively. Teens morn in different ways, and many of us visited the crash site, as well as the totaled vehicle at the towing yard. When I visited with my friends, I found a piece of notebook paper on the back floorboard where my friend Jamie had doodled on the page of a half written homework assignment, dated at the top with the day he died. The boys families' had already taken all they wanted out of the wreckage, and encouraged us to take anything else. At the moment, just seeing his carefree handwriting, not knowing that at the end of that day he would be gone, made this sheet of paper special to me. I took it home, and I still have it in my high school scrapbook, 23 years later.

I don't remember telling my mom or my husband about this piece of paper, so if I was in FLEK's shoes and someone found this random sheet of paper in my belongings with seemingly incomplete thoughts, figures, and information on it, one might think that all the info pertains to me. However, it's simply the memory of visiting that car and reading Jamie's chicken scratch handwriting through blurred tears that day that the paper is symbolic.
    So sorry for your loss. Glad you were able to get the paper. I also would have saved the paper like you.

Quote Originally Posted by T4Tide View Post
    I'm sure that Blake or others could identify FLEK's handwriting, but there's a possibility the info the paper contains is meaningless and it was a memory that she kept.
    IIRC, the articles said it was her handwriting. Would have to go back and look. I'm sure Blake would have told them yes or no.

Want to link the articles. Anyone new to her case may want to back them up because the Seattle Times updated their web site, some links like the timeline are not working anymore. Gallery: Evidence Jane Doe left behind isn't working for me on the new link but works on the old

New York Daily News -
    Texas woman’s true identity baffles ex-husband, authorities years after her suicide
    ‘Lori Erica Ruff’ managed to fool everyone about who she was, living under various names before taking her secrets to the grave. BY Nina Golgowski - Thursday, June 27, 2013, 11:32 AM

Fox News -
    Three years after Texas woman’s suicide, a question lingers: Who was she? By Cristina Corbin - Published June 26, 2013

The Seattle Times -
    She stole another’s identity, and took her secret to the grave. Who was she? Originally published June 22, 2013 at 10:00 pm Updated June 25, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Gallery: Evidence Jane Doe left behind - Originally published June 22, 2013 at 9:45 pm Updated January 2, 2014 at 9:52 am

Who is Jane Doe? We still don’t know By Maureen O'Hagan Originally published July 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM | Page modified July 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Want to link the articles. Anyone new to her case may want to back them up because the Seattle Times updated their web site, some links like the timeline are not working anymore. Gallery: Evidence Jane Doe left behind isn't working for me on the new link but works on the old

New York Daily News -
    Texas woman’s true identity baffles ex-husband, authorities years after her suicide
    ‘Lori Erica Ruff’ managed to fool everyone about who she was, living under various names before taking her secrets to the grave. BY Nina Golgowski - Thursday, June 27, 2013, 11:32 AM

Fox News -
    Three years after Texas woman’s suicide, a question lingers: Who was she? By Cristina Corbin - Published June 26, 2013

The Seattle Times -
    She stole another’s identity, and took her secret to the grave. Who was she? Originally published June 22, 2013 at 10:00 pm Updated June 25, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Gallery: Evidence Jane Doe left behind - Originally published June 22, 2013 at 9:45 pm Updated January 2, 2014 at 9:52 am

Who is Jane Doe? We still don’t know By Maureen O'Hagan Originally published July 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM | Page modified July 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    I'm going to send these news articles to some local papers in Kentucky and Pennsylvania with the hope that they will run a story on this case. Specific town papers.
    I am hoping someone will recognize her younger photos. Hoping someone in a particular part of Kentucky might know something even if they did not know FLEK, but maybe knew someone connected to her.

Try Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question... Is it possible that the family (Ruff) knows who Lori was, and is just keeping it to themselves? I have been following news on this for years, but everything seems to have dropped off since 2013. The family seems to have moved on, there doesn't seem to be a real investigation happening, and a few groups working on this woman have had posters state more or less verbatim "this case has been solved, there was not crime, please drop it so the family can move on. They would like to raise the daughter without speculation on this story all over the internet.". I realize she is still on NAMUS, and that there has not been an official statement made, but that would just stir the pot up. As of now, the only people bringing this case up are strangers here & on reddit. Anyone directly involved has quietly dropped the search and moved on, or have they? Are they still checking DNA? I just can't find any "news".

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood Park View Post
    I'm going to send these news articles to some local papers in Kentucky and Pennsylvania with the hope that they will run a story on this case. Specific town papers.
    I am hoping someone will recognize her younger photos. Hoping someone in a particular part of Kentucky might know something even if they did not know FLEK, but maybe knew someone connected to her.
    I submitted it to WKYT, when this story first broke. I've not submitted it since. I never heard a thing on it, or about it. Get the Louisville paper involved. That's who I should have submitted to.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Nothing stirs the pot up like leaving it on the stove to boil dry. I think if the family really knew, if the case was really solved, they'd do what it took to get it taken off Namus so the whole thing would go away. I think the posters who say it's known and the family wants this that or the other are trolling or lying or otherwise up to no good. Just my two cents.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just wanted it to blow over. What's done is done. However if they knew who she was, they could do a lot more to make this all go away.

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast