AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makara

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...in-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

Bones found at Wynarka in Murray Mallee

THE ADVERTISER JULY 15, 2015 4:41PM

POLICE have confirmed bones found in the Murray Mallee are those of a child.

The bones were found by a member of the public off the Karoonda Highway at Wynarka late this morning.

Major Crime detectives have been dispatched to the site.

A forensic examination of the scene is underway.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-15/child-bones-found-in-south-australian-murray-mallee/6622778

Child's bones found near highway in SA's Murray Mallee

The skeletal remains of a child have been found near the Karoonda Highway in South Australia's Murray Mallee.

The bones were found about two kilometres west of Wynarka, which is about 130 kilometres east of Adelaide.

Police said the investigation was continuing and more information would be provided "as soon as possible".

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

I'm not sure if this has come up before but I wonder if its possible for police to check immunisation records and centrelink payments. I'm not sure how long this stipulation has been in place but going from memory when your child turns 4 in order to receive a bonus immunisation payment they have to be up to date on all immunisations. I don't know what the immunisation rate is like in South Australia but it could be a possible way for police to find a child that has dropped off the register.

Considering it's not compulsory to get immunised, and you have approximately 300,000 births a year in Australia (minus the male births) and they have a child aged between the ages of 2 and 4 to investigate. That's a lot of records to search. But i like your thinking kyja, it might take some time.

A few people have mentioned in earlier posts, they think this child's birth may not of been registered and i can agree that might of happened in some extreme circumstances. but the reason i think there will be a record of this little girl is because of the BABY BONUS.

There is also the law.... When a child is born the parents have 60 days to register the birth before incurring fines of $1000 which then proves a deterrent if forms haven't been lodged. That wouldn't be a deterrent though if it was a home birth and no pre natal care.

A few of you may remember the headlines - "A rise in child abuse because of baby bonus" "Teenagers getting pregnant because of baby bonus" "Babies abandoned because of baby bonus"

The baby bonus scheme introduced by the Federal Government of Australia in the 2002 budget was aimed at offsetting the expenses associated with bearing a child. The scheme was also introduced as a means of increasing Australia's fertility rate and to mitigate the effects of Australia's ageing population.[3] In the 2004 budget the bonus was raised from $3,000 effective 1 July 2004 to $4,000 payable in 2007 but indexed to inflation so that in October 2007, the amount receivable per eligible child was $4,133.[4] The bonus was paid in a lump sum to a nominated financial institution. From January 1, 2009 the payment is paid in 13 fortnightly installments. The receivable amount in January 2012 was $5,437. The receivable amount in September 2012 is $5,000 in 13 fortnightly instalments (parents will receive a higher first instalment of $846.20 and 12 fortnightly instalments of $346.15), or if the baby died or was a stillborn, parents may ask for their Baby Bonus to be paid in a lump sum instead of fortnightly instalments

Hopefully there will be some kind of trail to find this little one, through immunisation records like Kyja mentioned, school records or centrelink paymets

Considering it's not compulsory to get immunised, and you have approximately 300,000 births a year in Australia (minus the male births) and they have a child aged between the ages of 2 and 4 to investigate. That's a lot of records to search. But i like your thinking kyja, it might take some time.

A few people have mentioned in earlier posts, they think this child's birth may not of been registered and i can agree that might of happened in some extreme circumstances. but the reason i think there will be a record of this little girl is because of the BABY BONUS.

There is also the law.... When a child is born the parents have 60 days to register the birth before incurring fines of $1000 which then proves a deterrent if forms haven't been lodged. That wouldn't be a deterrent though if it was a home birth and no pre natal care.

A few of you may remember the headlines - "A rise in child abuse because of baby bonus" "Teenagers getting pregnant because of baby bonus" "Babies abandoned because of baby bonus"

The baby bonus scheme introduced by the Federal Government of Australia in the 2002 budget was aimed at offsetting the expenses associated with bearing a child. The scheme was also introduced as a means of increasing Australia's fertility rate and to mitigate the effects of Australia's ageing population.[3] In the 2004 budget the bonus was raised from $3,000 effective 1 July 2004 to $4,000 payable in 2007 but indexed to inflation so that in October 2007, the amount receivable per eligible child was $4,133.[4] The bonus was paid in a lump sum to a nominated financial institution. From January 1, 2009 the payment is paid in 13 fortnightly installments. The receivable amount in January 2012 was $5,437. The receivable amount in September 2012 is $5,000 in 13 fortnightly instalments (parents will receive a higher first instalment of $846.20 and 12 fortnightly instalments of $346.15), or if the baby died or was a stillborn, parents may ask for their Baby Bonus to be paid in a lump sum instead of fortnightly instalments

Hopefully there will be some kind of trail to find this little one, through immunisation records like Kyja mentioned, school records or centrelink paymets

Regarding centrelink - surely red flags are going to be raised when this child should have reached the age where she should be enrolled in school? Everything is linked up these days and if someone is collecting benefits for a school age child who isn't enrolled anywhere, it's going to be noticed. Although it occasionally happens, it's pretty rare that people live completely off the grid and don't claim their entitlements. The "people" that did this are living on borrowed time.

Regarding centrelink - surely red flags are going to be raised when this child should have reached the age where she should be enrolled in school? Everything is linked up these days and if someone is collecting benefits for a school age child who isn't enrolled anywhere, it's going to be noticed. Although it occasionally happens, it's pretty rare that people live completely off the grid and don't claim their entitlements. The "people" that did this are living on borrowed time.

That's why I was wondering if this could be a case of illegal prostitution/human trafficing of a woman from outside of Australia. Many Western European countries are flooded by Eastern European woman that are (forced into) prostitution.

Now that I'm thinking of it. What about Russian/Eastern European mail order brides.
Do you have that in Australia?
Maybe a single young mother that entered Australia for marriage? But both she and her little girl were in for a nasty surprise?

Is it so common by the way that almost all kids clothes are 'made in Australia'?
When I look around where I live, most clothes come from China or some other low wages country.

It's almost like this poor girl is artificially being made into an Australian girl. If you know what I mean by that feeling?

Not that I know a lot about it but I think immigration do a lot of follow-up in those situations and if someone who came here disappeared, the police should definitely know.

Is it so common by the way that almost all kids clothes are 'made in Australia'?
When I look around where I live, most clothes come from China or some other low wages country.

It's almost like this poor girl is artificially being made into an Australian girl. If you know what I mean by that feeling?

Yeah, I thought it was odd to see so much "made in Australia" on clothing tags too. You don't really see that a lot. But if you were trying to make a child into an Australian girl, you'd dress her in stuff made in China like everybody else wears, lol.

Not that I know a lot about it but I think immigration do a lot of follow-up in those situations and if someone who came here disappeared, the police should definitely know.

I think they should definately check all the women with a little girl that entered the country between october 2007- March 2008. Cause that would have been wintertime in Europe/Russia. And it looks like most of the girls SUMMER clothes are about the same size and could have been bought, all at once, together with the Lanza suitcase upon arriving in Australia.

The child wouldn't have had many summer clothing in the right size if she was growing fast and just came from a place where it would be winter. And it's harder to buy summer clothes if where you live it's the middle of winter.

Quilt:

I'm just wondering about how charitable distribution of quilts is organized in SA.

If the quilt was given to the mother via an organization, then presumably mother and child would have been on that organization's list. In other words, they were not living completely 'under the radar'. So maybe there are records for benefits etc.

The clothes that we know about range in size from two to six. Going by the police estimates of her height, she probably would have worn a size two or three. I don't think they were all hers and if they were it's really unlikely they were all bought at the same time.

Had wondered the same thing about so many home-grown type clothing, it almost as of the perp took every item they had with an Australian label and included it in the suitcase, imo.
Makes me wonder if a tourist or visiting ex-pat purchased the clothing, especially for the labels, to bring back home, or the items are gifts from family members like grandparents, aunts and uncles?
speculation, imo.

Maybe Gramma bought clothes. No cheap imported stuff for the little princess.

I just googled, 'Australia "I haven't seen my granddaughter for years"'

:tears:

It seems that if the clothing items tagged made in Australia really were made here, they should be much easier to track down. But they're some of the ones the police can't identify. I dunno if they are telling the truth on those tags. I've never bought clothes from any of those dodgy websites but they definitely do lie on their labels. Scrolling through looking for the unknown tags I've seen plenty of stuff labeled 100% cotton that clearly doesn't contain a single natural fibre.

Everything is linked up these days? But it might not of been back then....The parent might of collected benefits for a certain period of time and notified centrelink after her death to cancel the payments - Informed centrelink they were working or the child was no longer in there care, i doubt they have to say whose care the child is in now, it could be an ex partner, foster care or grandparents. Who's going to raise the red flags? Is there a system in place in every state to make sure every child of school age is attending school? How many children swap schools, go interstate, leave the country? or get home schooled by choice? Who's making sure all these kids are attending school?

I've emailed the seller asking for photos of any labels  see if we can get a better image

Well done Riggaby. I initially thought the label was Haolalu and not what was reported in MSM. I think the journo's just made a stab at what they thought the label said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie