1269 users online (257 members and 1012 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - George Lapan, 12, Lassen County, 9 Aug 2015

Monday, Aug. 10 — Deputies with the Lassen County Sheriff’s Office are searching for a 12-year-old boy who was last seen at his Janesville foster home on Blickenstaff Road, Sunday, Aug. 9.

According to deputy Pete Holman, the juvenile, identified as George, arrived in the area Friday evening.

Deputies have talked with the foster family and have searched the property.

According to Holman, it is not 100 percent certain if George left voluntarily, but due to his age, the juvenile is listed as at-risk.

http://lassennews.com/index.php/1785...2-year-old-boy

Quote Originally Posted by CarmelEyesD View Post
    Monday, Aug. 10 — Deputies with the Lassen County Sheriff’s Office are searching for a 12-year-old boy who was last seen at his Janesville foster home on Blickenstaff Road, Sunday, Aug. 9.

According to deputy Pete Holman, the juvenile, identified as George, arrived in the area Friday evening.

According to Holman, it is not 100 percent certain if George left voluntarily, but due to his age, the juvenile is listed as at-risk.

Also from the above link:

"George is described as being Caucasian and is approximately 5 feet, 4 inches tall and weighs about 100 pounds.

He has brown hair and hazel eyes.

Anyone who may have information, should call Holman at 257-6121."

IMG_0484.jpg
    "Deputies are searching for George, a 12-year-old boy who went missing from his Janesville foster home Sunday, Aug. 9. Photo submitted"

Poor little man. It must be really tough at 12, going to a new 'home.' So many places he could have run off to. I hope CPS is opening some files for LE so they can check out his friends/family. I am pretty sure he was running back to loved ones. I hope he is safe.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Poor child. It must be so hard being shifted around from home to home.

It looks like Blickenstaff Rd runs along a lake - Honey Lake in Janesville, CA. I hope they are checking the water.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bl...07c70024dcf575

Lassen County is in the northeastern portion of CA that borders with Nevada. Pretty rural area.

Here is a map image. The yellow symbol represents the road and the blue symbol is the lake.
    Blickenstaff rd.PNG
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Quote Originally Posted by CarmelEyesD View Post

If he didn't go voluntarily, what other option does that leave? That's a pretty provocative statement by LE.

As shown on this Google Earth screen shot, Blickenstaff road (blue dotted line) is sparsely populated (as is true of the whole area), and there is a GIANT lake (Honey Lake) nearby. There are various creeks and watering holes for cattle (some circled in pink). Without having local knowledge, I will guess that most of the water is dried up right now however, due to the drought.

Outbuildings should be searched if he is involuntarily missing. If he ran off, the 395 is not too far away. There really is no where else to go.
    image.jpg

The "involuntarily" missing statement could refer to a parent or other relative abducting George.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    The "involuntarily" missing statement could refer to a parent or other relative abducting George.
    That was also my assumption when I read that description.

JMO

George's last name has been made public in this latest news.

Missing child might be headed to Shasta County
    http://www.redding.com/news/local-ne...-shasta-county
    Lassen County authorities are looking for a missing 12-year-old boy they think might be headed to Shasta County.

George Lapan had recently been placed in a foster home in Janesville, which is south of Susanville off Highway 395, when he went outside to play, the Lassen County Sheriff's Office said in a news release. Lapan was reported missing Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    If he didn't go voluntarily, what other option does that leave? That's a pretty provocative statement by LE.

As shown on this Google Earth screen shot, Blickenstaff road (blue dotted line) is sparsely populated (as is true of the whole area), and there is a GIANT lake (Honey Lake) nearby. There are various creeks and watering holes for cattle (some circled in pink). Without having local knowledge, I will guess that most of the water is dried up right now however, due to the drought.

Outbuildings should be searched if he is involuntarily missing. If he ran off, the 395 is not too far away. There really is no where else to go.
    image.jpg
    I took that statement to mean, "we believe he left voluntarily but since he's 12, he's in danger even if he left of his own choice".

Awww, George. Where are you?

Another article. Nothing new in it though. http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2015/0...unty/31492273/

Sounds like he might be heading to Redding, CA, which is in Shasta county. It's about 125 miles from Janesville. I don't think a 12 year old boy would try to walk that distance. Why isn't this getting more attention?
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    They didn't say, so we have to assume LE has been in touch with the previous family(s) to determine whether or not they are aware he's missing and he might be heading their way. I agree he wouldn't walk it, which is a scary element in this.

Awwwww such a cutie!!!!! Praying he is ok!!!!!
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Lassen County authorities believe a 12-year-old boy who has been missing since Sunday was abducted by his biological mother, who lives in Barstow.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-ne...cted-by-mother

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast