GUILTY (PLED) CT - Jeffrey, 56, & Jeanette Navin, 55, Easton, 4 Aug 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jeanette and Jeffrey Navin
navins-640x360.jpg

Missing woman worked for Weston schools
Weston Schools Superintendent Colleen Palmer said the school district was “deeply troubled” that police have not yet been able to locate longtime school employee Jeannette Navin and her husband, Jeffrey.

The Easton Police Department and other Connecticut law enforcement agencies continue to seek the whereabouts of Jeanette Navin, 55, and Jeffrey Navin, 56, who have mysteriously disappeared.

The Navins were last seen Aug. 4. They had recently moved from Weston, where they had lived and owned a home on Osborn Farm Road, according to the Weston assessor records, to a rental house at 77 Staples Road in Easton.

A vehicle belonging to the Navins was located by the State Police on Aug. 9 in Westport, off Exit 42 of the Merritt Parkway.*
http://www.eastoncourier.com/2015/08/11/missing-woman-worked-for-weston-schools/

Missing Easton Man Owes Millions, Records Show
http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc-easton-missing-couple-0813-20150812-story.html
HSBC Bank USA filed a foreclosure against Navin in 2007, alleging that he had failed to pay any of a $1.3 million mortgage on 7 Hart Road in Guilford. Navin has appealed the judgment against him to the appellate court twice but has lost both times.

The case is still pending in New Haven court eight years after it was filed. A judge denied Navin's latest attempt to reopen the case in late July, court records show. The debt that Navin now owes has grown to $2.2 million as of the end of 2014, according to court records.

Another foreclosure action filed against Navin by OCWEN Financial Corp. was resolved with the sale of property in 2012, the records show.

Connecticut Light & Power, now called Eversource, also took Navin to court last year, saying that he owed about $130,600 for electrical service for the Hart Road house. In November, he and a co-defendant were ordered to pay $138,137.79 in $35 weekly payments, plus interest. Navin, who disputed the amount owed, appealed.

More at link.

How do you even rack up $130,000 in electric bills? Wouldn't it get turned off way before then? Or did they use a crazy amount of electricity and that was only a few months? I guess it doesn't matter in terms of helping find them, just seems weird to me.

How do you even rack up $130,000 in electric bills? Wouldn't it get turned off way before then? Or did they use a crazy amount of electricity and that was only a few months? I guess it doesn't matter in terms of helping find them, just seems weird to me.

That's what I was wondering!

That's what I was wondering!

My guess is they have outstanding bills and finance charges which add up. I think it's for the older/foreclosed on properties. Also, as long as the customer makes minimal monthly payments, they will continue providing utilities.

Maybe I've watched 'Mafia' movies too much but isn't this typical behavior for a debt owing, sanitation company owning NJ guy? He was smart to put the house in his wife's name only. How could they live out the rest of their lives, paying back that money, while his wife works as an assistant to the librarian in a public school?

My guess is they have outstanding bills and finance charges which add up. I think it's for the older/foreclosed on properties. Also, as long as the customer makes minimal monthly payments, they will continue providing utilities.

Why would they have had utilities on in a house in which they no longer lived, though?

Why would they have had utilities on in a house in which they no longer lived, though?

The article said they owned a sanitation company so maybe some of the utilities were for the business.

I know at first glance this seems to be a case of a couple who have so much debt they didn't think they could ever catch up so they took off but I hope LE is looking at other scenarios. If they did leave on their own, I would think the would go out of the country.

JMO

Outstanding bills from prior years. Even if they moved, sold or lost the property...they are still held reponsible for them.

According to Zillow the sales history for 7 Hart Rd Guilford Ct. was 3.8 million in October 2005. HSBC BANK loan to Mr. Navin was 1.3 million originally. What was the source for the remaining 2.5 million of purchase price? I hope the officials are investigating this transaction.

Sounds like grow lights to me unless it's a mistake. Connecticut Light and Power was always very aggressive in collecting debts when I lived in CT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back