1061 users online (227 members and 834 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Donyetta Butts, 12, North Hills, Los Angeles, 10 Aug 2015

Donyetta Butts

12-Year-Old Girl With Mental Health Condition Reported Missing in North Hills
    A search was underway in North Hills on Wednesday morning for a 12-year-old girl with a mental health condition who was reported missing hours earlier, according to LAPD.

Donyetta Butts was last seen at the Hometown Inn located at 9401 Supelveda Blvd. around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, a news release the Los Angeles Police Department stated.

The girl’s mother, Michelle Mosby, told KTLA that Donyetta went out to throw away a diaper. When she hadn’t returned in 10 to 15 minutes, Mosby went outside to check on her daughter.
    http://ktla.com/2015/08/12/12-year-o...n-north-hills/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Did Donyetta and her mother live at the hotel? I am very concerned about the lack of coverage about this girl, especially since she is particularly vulnerable and seemed to disappear out of nowhere.

I found an article with some more information. The mother is back-and-forth on whether "DD" had a history of running away, and specified that DD suffered from PTSD and an unspecified mood disorder.

http://abc7.com/news/12-year-old-gir...-hills/923690/

Couldn't help but take a snippet out of the article:

"No area is safe for a 12-year-old to be out anywhere after 10:30, anytime at night, with not her parent or anybody else," said LAPD Sgt. Bennie Boatwright.
    1. She supposedly went missing at 9, not 10:30. Which one is it?

2. Is the sergeant seriously trying to pin blame on the parent here? With the facts presented so far, I don't think that is fair at all. Perhaps she should have had an adult to accompany her to the dumpsters, but it was supposed to be a 2 minute job. Most people don't expect something to happen to a 12 year old in that short time frame (I only do because of what I've seen in this forum honestly). I believe the sergeant should be giving support and doing more to find this girl, instead of placing blame in that passive-aggressive manner. JMO.

CA - Donyetta Butts, 12, North Hills in Los Angeles, 10 August 2015

Quote Originally Posted by TweekTweak View Post
    I found an article with some more information. The mother is back-and-forth on whether "DD" had a history of running away, and specified that DD suffered from PTSD and an unspecified mood disorder.

http://abc7.com/news/12-year-old-gir...-hills/923690/

Couldn't help but take a snippet out of the article:

1. She supposedly went missing at 9, not 10:30. Which one is it?

2. Is the sergeant seriously trying to pin blame on the parent here? With the facts presented so far, I don't think that is fair at all. Perhaps she should have had an adult to accompany her to the dumpsters, but it was supposed to be a 2 minute job. Most people don't expect something to happen to a 12 year old in that short time frame (I only do because of what I've seen in this forum honestly). I believe the sergeant should be giving support and doing more to find this girl, instead of placing blame in that passive-aggressive manner. JMO.
    LA county has a 10pm curfew for minors, that could be it.

http://www.lapdonline.org/juvenile_d...asic_view/2011

"
    45.03 (a) LAMC “Nighttime Curfew”

Curfew laws restrict the rights of juveniles to be outdoors or in public places during certain hours of the day. Such laws aim to establish a safer community and to better protect kids from becoming victims of crime or becoming involved in delinquent behaviors. The Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC) 45.03 “Nighttime Curfew Restrictions For Minors”states:

It is unlawful for any minor under the age of eighteen (18) years to be present in or upon any public street, avenue, highway, road, curb area, alley, park, playground, or other public ground, public place or public building, place of amusement or eating place, vacant lot, or unsupervised place between the hours of 10:00 p.m. on any day and sunrise of the immediately following day; provided, however, that the provisions of this section shall not apply:"

I saw an interview with a family friend on one of the KTLA reports. He said a 28 year old man had been trying to befriend her, but that the family/friends had steered her away, saying that 28 is far to old to hang with a 12 year old girl, that it wasn't right.

http://ktla.com/2015/08/12/12-year-o...n-north-hills/

Sounds like the family were aware, and maybe this man got to her anyway. I hope they find her soon, and safe.

wow ptsd at 12 ??? hopefully this young girl will be found and given the help she needs.

Shame on any grown behind male looking to take advantage of her.

ETA: mom says she's been suicidal in the pass.

I checked and she also has a facebook page.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    LA county has a 10pm curfew for minors, that could be it.

http://www.lapdonline.org/juvenile_d...asic_view/2011
    That's all well and good, but every outlet says that she went missing up to an hour earlier than curfew...so the sergeant's comments are still completely unhelpful to everyone.

Missing: DONYETTA BUTTS (CA)

DONYETTA BUTTS, Age Now: 12, Missing: 08/11/2015. Missing From NORTH HILLS, CA. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Los Angeles Police Department (California) 1-877-275-5273.

More...

I just heard on the news that she's been found safe. No details available yet.

Nice to hear those words after so many unfortunate cases I've been following here on WS.

Found safe by a volunteer searcher, as per this link: http://ktla.com/2015/08/13/surveilla...n-north-hills/

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    I just heard on the news that she's been found safe. No details available yet.

Nice to hear those words after so many unfortunate cases I've been following here on WS.
    ITA. It's been pretty grim around here lately. Seeing the words " found safe" was a very welcome sight.

I just really hope that she is actually "safe" and remains that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Xara View Post
    ITA. It's been pretty grim around here lately. Seeing the words " found safe" was a very welcome sight.

I just really hope that she is actually "safe" and remains that way.
    Yep. It does not sound like she is totally safe and squared away right now. The article said she was walking down the street 'carrying a bag of clothes.' Sounds like she might have been running away?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

U2forever is offline You're the best thing about me. I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    Wonderful news.
    Donyetta is a beautiful young lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 May 28 aTLANTA