1533 users online (291 members and 1242 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Ruben Ebron gets 20 years in Lonzie Barton's death
    Colette DuChanois February 05, 2016

Ruben Ebron arrives in court Friday morning.

Duval County Judge Mark Borello accepted Ebron's plea of guilty to aggravated manslaughter of a child as well as charges of child neglect, lying to police and tampering with evidence.

Ebron was sentenced to 20 years in federal state prison for aggravated manslaughter and 11 years on the other charges, which will run concurrently.

[...]

Ebron photographed injuries of Lonzie and failed to get him appropriate medical care, according to the state.

The blonde hair, blue was found dead in a tub of water at the apartment after he was left unattended, Mantei said. Lonna Barton, the toddler's mother, was there then went to work at Wacko's strip club after, he said.

"Lonna and I were both involved and now we have to pay the price," Ebron said at the hearing.

Lonna Barton sentenced to 5 years
    March 04, 2016

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Lonna Barton, the mother of the toddler whose remains were found in Bayard in January, was sentenced Friday to five years in prison on charges related to her son Lonzie's disappearance.

Barton, 26, who pleaded guilty in January to charges of child neglect and giving false information to a law enforcement officer, was sentenced to five years for child neglect, a third-degree felony, and another year for lying to police, a misdemeanor. The sentences will run concurrently.

[...]

Barton's lawyer, Kevin Carlisle, previously said that Barton left Lonzie -- who was 21 months old at the time -- with Ebron and went to her job as an exotic dancer on the night the boy disappeared. Police said Ebron claimed that night that his car was stolen with the boy inside.

Mantei said he didn't want to speculate about Barton's motivation for entering her plea agreement.

[...]

Mantei said in court that there were details of Lonzie's death that he couldn't discuss because the autopsy report is not complete. He said Barton could still be affected by that information.

“There are ongoing matters involving the death of Lonzie Barton, and beyond that, I really shouldn't be getting into, because, as you say, they're ongoing,” Mantei said. “A lot of people want to speculate and guess and say that things ought to happen, and all I can say is I don't want to jeopardize anything that might happen, so I'm not going to get into it.”

Lonna Barton's guilty plea

Attorney: Lonzie Barton's sister was in the car when body was dumped
    by: Kristen Dressel Updated: Mar 4, 2016

Lauramore Barton is not a candidate for probation because of unrelated drug charges in Baker County.

The parents of Ruben Ebron, Lauramore Barton's boyfriend, showed for the sentencing.

"I'm never gonna dispute my son had some involvement but he wasn't alone" said William Ebron Sr. "True justice for this baby would be equal amount."

Lauramore Barton's parents were also in court for the hearing. However, no witnesses testified on either side.

[...]

Attorneys said Ebron traumatized Lonzie Barton's sister when he made the girl ride in the car when Ebron dumped the toddler's body.

Mantei said an autopsy showed that Lonzie had seven healing rib fractures. The defense attorney said Lauramore Barton took Lonzie to the doctor after his sister pushed him down the stairs.

Lonzie's mother could still be charged in his death
    by: Jenna Bourne Mar 4, 2016

Action News Jax Law and Safety Expert Dale Carson points out there is no statute of limitations for a death investigation, so Lonna Lauramore Barton could face additional charges.

“There are ongoing matters involving the death of Lonzie Barton,” said Mantei. “And a lot of people want to speculate and guess and say that things ought to happen and all I can say is, look, I don’t want to jeopardize anything that might happen, and so I’m not going to get into it.”

“It’s not over,” said Carson. “They can still charge her with murder if they develop sufficient evidence to do so.”

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6