1785 users online (330 members and 1455 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 105
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,188

    MO woman sues cafe that throws rolls for throwing rolls

    Missouri woman Troy Tucker may have had an idea of what she was in for when she visited Sikeston, Missouri's home of the 'throwed roll', Lambert's Cafe. They are famous for throwing hot, buttered rolls at their customers.

    However, Troy probably didn't expect to get hit in the eye with one because now she is suing them:

    Tucker is seeking $25,000 to cover medical bills and legal fees after she says she sustained a “lacerated cornea with a vitreous detachment.”
    She claims the cafe should have known about the dangers.

    http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...e31008786.html
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,037
    I can see how getting hit in the eye with a hot roll is bad news... but there was a funny reply under the comments, "Gives a whole new meaning to the term food fight!"
    Dangerous practice, but why would you go to a place that advertises it throws food?
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,461
    I have eaten at their restaurant and they let you know when they are throwing the rolls your direction. These are soft yeast rolls not hard rolls.

    If you don't want to get hit don't go into a place that advertises "Home of the Thrown Rolls" for miles around.

    IMO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,250
    I wonder if there's a place that serves spaghetti by throwing it on the walls. It would save a fortune in plate costs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    Missouri woman Troy Tucker may have had an idea of what she was in for when she visited Sikeston, Missouri's home of the 'throwed roll', Lambert's Cafe. They are famous for throwing hot, buttered rolls at their customers.

    However, Troy probably didn't expect to get hit in the eye with one because now she is suing them:



    She claims the cafe should have known about the dangers.

    http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...e31008786.html
    Actually I think it is a legitimate lawsuit for filing . Whether they win or not is another thing.

    I had a scratch on my cornea which turned into recurrent corneal erosion for a 3 year period EVERY 90 days . After the initial scratch ..like clockwork.. it would slough off every few months and I would have to go to doctor ...be in the bed.(. in the dark ..not moving ..for 3 days) for it to heal. this may not be the exact type of injury but it is very similar as to what could have happened. I think the justification is there for the lawsuit and it is not that much money.



    ETA shame on the insurance company for not settling and this..and having to go this far...if indeed they filed there first
    Last edited by atthelake; 08-14-2015 at 12:14 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northern New England
    Posts
    95
    All fun and games until someone loses an eye...
    Found, deceased. RIP Inchworm and thanks to all who helped her and cared about her.
    Geraldine Largay, trail name Inchworm -- missing on the Appalachian Trail since July 2013
    Boston Globe: How could a woman just vanish?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    102
    She's obviously an idiot and this was nature putting the laws of natural selection in action. I'm shocked she didn't sustain brain damage. There are billboards for miles saying Home of the throwed rolls. On the front door there's a big sign and many more inside that say WARNING THROWN ROLLS!!!! They even have pictures representing said thrown roll experience. The guys that throw them scream HOT ROLLS HEEERREEE HOT ROOLLS. They even make sure you are watching so you can catch it.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    CouchCrimeFighter

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    If the plantiff did suffer medical conditons, then she deserves to win. She is suing for $25k, not millions. The $25k will likely be used to pay medical bills, she's not going to be living it up for that amount. I don't understand why people always take the side of businesses and corporations.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by ReecieV View Post
    She's obviously an idiot and this was nature putting the laws of natural selection in action. I'm shocked she didn't sustain brain damage. There are billboards for miles saying Home of the throwed rolls. On the front door there's a big sign and many more inside that say WARNING THROWN ROLLS!!!! They even have pictures representing said thrown roll experience. The guys that throw them scream HOT ROLLS HEEERREEE HOT ROOLLS. They even make sure you are watching so you can catch it.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I am not sure what this has to do with natural selection. Are you saying that people who are "idiots" deserve to suffer eye damage?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    Corporations have done an excellent job convincing Americans that every lawsuit filed against them is frivilous, and someone is just looking to get rich. It's almost sad...these are billion dollar corporations and they are seen as the innocent victims by so many.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by ReecieV View Post
    She's obviously an idiot and this was nature putting the laws of natural selection in action. I'm shocked she didn't sustain brain damage. There are billboards for miles saying Home of the throwed rolls. On the front door there's a big sign and many more inside that say WARNING THROWN ROLLS!!!! They even have pictures representing said thrown roll experience. The guys that throw them scream HOT ROLLS HEEERREEE HOT ROOLLS. They even make sure you are watching so you can catch it.

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    The (modsnip) the one at the restaurant who thought throwing hot rolls is a good idea. I'm baffled how this place ever got commercial insurance. Without question, they will pay up. I'm also betting that other claims will now pour out of the woodwork.

    JMO
    Last edited by bessie; 08-23-2015 at 05:14 AM. Reason: could you be any more rude?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    102
    Other than the food is delicious. The rolls are the reason you go. As many delicious soft rolls as you can eat. They are super soft unless this woman is more fragile than an egg (and the way they are thrown it wouldn't break an egg) it's hard to believe she sustained head and neck trauma. I wouldn't doubt it if she missed catching it and bopped herself. There's numerous warning signs. She's just trying to make money

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    CouchCrimeFighter

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by ReecieV View Post
    Other than the food is delicious. The rolls are the reason you go. As many delicious soft rolls as you can eat. They are super soft unless this woman is more fragile than an egg (and the way they are thrown it wouldn't break an egg) it's hard to believe she sustained head and neck trauma. I wouldn't doubt it if she missed catching it and bopped herself. There's numerous warning signs. She's just trying to make money

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    She would have to show medical records to prove she suffered head and neck trauma. The idea that she threw a dinner roll at her self to severely damage her eyes is just ridiculous. And I think if she was looking for money, she would sue for more than $25k.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heart of Europe
    Posts
    27,188
    Quote Originally Posted by ReecieV View Post
    Other than the food is delicious. The rolls are the reason you go. As many delicious soft rolls as you can eat. They are super soft unless this woman is more fragile than an egg (and the way they are thrown it wouldn't break an egg) it's hard to believe she sustained head and neck trauma. I wouldn't doubt it if she missed catching it and bopped herself. There's numerous warning signs. She's just trying to make money

    Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I'm wondering if there's any possibility she scratched her eye with her fingernail, while trying to catch the roll? I've done that, trying to catch a football that my dog headed back to me, real quick.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance


    Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    9,193
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    She would have to show medical records to prove she suffered head and neck trauma. The idea that she threw a dinner roll at her self to severely damage her eyes is just ridiculous. And I think if she was looking for money, she would sue for more than $25k.
    I don't think you can fake a scratched cornea.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2015, 09:01 PM
  2. ‘Who’s Your Daddy’ Truck Rolls Through NYC
    By TrackerSam in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 06:40 AM