MO woman sues cafe that throws rolls for throwing rolls

zwiebel

Reaction score
Missouri woman Troy Tucker may have had an idea of what she was in for when she visited Sikeston, Missouri's home of the 'throwed roll', Lambert's Cafe. They are famous for throwing hot, buttered rolls at their customers.

However, Troy probably didn't expect to get hit in the eye with one because now she is suing them:

Tucker is seeking $25,000 to cover medical bills and legal fees after she says she sustained a “lacerated cornea with a vitreous detachment.”

She claims the cafe should have known about the dangers.

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/stargazing/article31008786.html

I can see how getting hit in the eye with a hot roll is bad news... but there was a funny reply under the comments, "Gives a whole new meaning to the term food fight!"
Dangerous practice, but why would you go to a place that advertises it throws food?

I have eaten at their restaurant and they let you know when they are throwing the rolls your direction. These are soft yeast rolls not hard rolls.

If you don't want to get hit don't go into a place that advertises "Home of the Thrown Rolls" for miles around.

IMO

I wonder if there's a place that serves spaghetti by throwing it on the walls. It would save a fortune in plate costs.

Missouri woman Troy Tucker may have had an idea of what she was in for when she visited Sikeston, Missouri's home of the 'throwed roll', Lambert's Cafe. They are famous for throwing hot, buttered rolls at their customers.

However, Troy probably didn't expect to get hit in the eye with one because now she is suing them:

She claims the cafe should have known about the dangers.

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/stargazing/article31008786.html

Actually I think it is a legitimate lawsuit for filing . Whether they win or not is another thing.

I had a scratch on my cornea which turned into recurrent corneal erosion for a 3 year period EVERY 90 days . After the initial scratch ..like clockwork.. it would slough off every few months and I would have to go to doctor ...be in the bed.(. in the dark ..not moving ..for 3 days) for it to heal. this may not be the exact type of injury but it is very similar as to what could have happened. I think the justification is there for the lawsuit and it is not that much money.

:moo:

ETA shame on the insurance company for not settling and this..and having to go this far...if indeed they filed there first

All fun and games until someone loses an eye...

She's obviously an idiot and this was nature putting the laws of natural selection in action. I'm shocked she didn't sustain brain damage. There are billboards for miles saying Home of the throwed rolls. On the front door there's a big sign and many more inside that say WARNING THROWN ROLLS!!!! They even have pictures representing said thrown roll experience. The guys that throw them scream HOT ROLLS HEEERREEE HOT ROOLLS. They even make sure you are watching so you can catch it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

If the plantiff did suffer medical conditons, then she deserves to win. She is suing for $25k, not millions. The $25k will likely be used to pay medical bills, she's not going to be living it up for that amount. I don't understand why people always take the side of businesses and corporations.

She's obviously an idiot and this was nature putting the laws of natural selection in action. I'm shocked she didn't sustain brain damage. There are billboards for miles saying Home of the throwed rolls. On the front door there's a big sign and many more inside that say WARNING THROWN ROLLS!!!! They even have pictures representing said thrown roll experience. The guys that throw them scream HOT ROLLS HEEERREEE HOT ROOLLS. They even make sure you are watching so you can catch it.

I am not sure what this has to do with natural selection. Are you saying that people who are "idiots" deserve to suffer eye damage?

Corporations have done an excellent job convincing Americans that every lawsuit filed against them is frivilous, and someone is just looking to get rich. It's almost sad...these are billion dollar corporations and they are seen as the innocent victims by so many.

The (modsnip) the one at the restaurant who thought throwing hot rolls is a good idea. I'm baffled how this place ever got commercial insurance. Without question, they will pay up. I'm also betting that other claims will now pour out of the woodwork.

JMO

Other than the food is delicious. The rolls are the reason you go. As many delicious soft rolls as you can eat. They are super soft unless this woman is more fragile than an egg (and the way they are thrown it wouldn't break an egg) it's hard to believe she sustained head and neck trauma. I wouldn't doubt it if she missed catching it and bopped herself. There's numerous warning signs. She's just trying to make money

Other than the food is delicious. The rolls are the reason you go. As many delicious soft rolls as you can eat. They are super soft unless this woman is more fragile than an egg (and the way they are thrown it wouldn't break an egg) it's hard to believe she sustained head and neck trauma. I wouldn't doubt it if she missed catching it and bopped herself. There's numerous warning signs. She's just trying to make money

She would have to show medical records to prove she suffered head and neck trauma. The idea that she threw a dinner roll at her self to severely damage her eyes is just ridiculous. And I think if she was looking for money, she would sue for more than $25k.

I'm wondering if there's any possibility she scratched her eye with her fingernail, while trying to catch the roll? I've done that, trying to catch a football that my dog headed back to me, real quick.

She would have to show medical records to prove she suffered head and neck trauma. The idea that she threw a dinner roll at her self to severely damage her eyes is just ridiculous. And I think if she was looking for money, she would sue for more than $25k.

I don't think you can fake a scratched cornea.

The only idiot in this case seems to be the one at the restaurant who thought throwing hot rolls is a good idea. I'm baffled how this place ever got commercial insurance. Without question, they will pay up. I'm also betting that other claims will now pour out of the woodwork.

JMO

It reminds me of Kramer's "bake your own pizza" pizzeria. Not a good idea. :)

I guess an alternative slogan could be 'Home of the Popovers'.

You'd think she would have seen this coming. Maybe she's just not one to let things roll off her back, butter lawsuit may or may not bring closure. I hope her lawyers rise to the occasion. We just have to see things through her corneas. Judge not, lest yeast be judged.

I have seen this cafe on Travel Channels' famous cafe series. It's a well known place that people come from all over to specifically because of the ROLLS being thrown. It would be a shame if this lawsuit stops this practice that so many have enjoyed injury free. My hinky meter makes me wonder if she scratched her eye earlier doing something else and decided to go to dinner and let a roll her eye so she could pay her medical. Skeptic!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back