1332 users online (263 members and 1069 guests)  



Websleuths News


Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto CANADA
    Posts
    989

    MO - Former cab driver charged with hate crime, St Louis

    http://fox2now.com/2015/08/07/attack...or-cab-driver/

    ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – A renegade cab driver now faces hate crime charges after reportedly attacking a man for being white. Mahad Abdinoor Abdi is the same suspect we exposed in a FOX 2 report after witnesses said he threatened to decapitate police officers.
    Earlier FOX report about the Somalian cab drivers threat to decapitate cops

    http://fox2now.com/2015/07/22/renega...-decapitation/

    He`s a renegade cab driver, using a vehicle marked with logos from his former company. We started looking into him after finding a court record about a 911 call to police, from people who said he was making murderous threats. When officers arrived, the cabbie reportedly threatened to cut off their heads.

    His vehicle looks legit, with his taxicab identification hanging from his rearview mirror. There`s a cab meter on the dash next to the Holy Book of Qur`an.
    Unless he is a naturalized citizen of the U.S. I hope he will be deported back to his native Somalia before he carry through with his threatened jihad attack.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41,473
    Don't hold your breath. He probably won't be deported. JMO
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by KEVINinTO View Post
    http://fox2now.com/2015/08/07/attack...or-cab-driver/

    Earlier FOX report about the Somalian cab drivers threat to decapitate cops

    http://fox2now.com/2015/07/22/renega...-decapitation/

    Unless he is a naturalized citizen of the U.S. I hope he will be deported back to his native Somalia before he carry through with his threatened jihad attack.
    I notice that beheading was his threat of choice.
    JMO. MOO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto CANADA
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
    I notice that beheading was his threat of choice.
    Yep, as commanded in the "holy book Qur'an". I find it strange how this story was reported. The emphasis was on the fact that he was a "renegade" cab driver not authorized to be driving that cab. I would think that the far bigger concern should be the fact that a Muslim extremist from one of the most lawless countries in the world is on the streets of St Louis presenting a grave threat to every non-Muslim citizen of that city.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by KEVINinTO View Post
    Yep, as commanded in the "holy book Qur'an". I find it strange how this story was reported. The emphasis was on the fact that he was a "renegade" cab driver not authorized to be driving that cab. I would think that the far bigger concern should be the fact that a Muslim extremist from one of the most lawless countries in the world is on the streets of St Louis presenting a grave threat to every non-Muslim citizen of that city.
    From the second link:

    Prior arrests include 3rd degree assault, 2nd degree burglary, 2nd degree robbery and Unlawful Use of a Weapon.

    The Taxicab Commission has discretion when issuing a license. Under the law, it must consider giving second chances.


    And when he lures someone into his cab, drives them to an isolated spot, rapes them and decapitates them, we'll be asking why he was still running around free. Except for the apologists out there, who will be issuing dire warnings about how evil it is to profile followers of the religion of peace.
    JMO. MOO.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,900
    [...]
    I called the St. Louis Metropolitan Taxicab Commission, known as MTC. While I was on the phone with MTC’s lawyer, Mahad Abdi walked out of his home to his cab. MTC said it`s been looking for him. I told the lawyer we were following him.

    [...]
    Chris Hayes asked, ‘Why are you driving this when your license has been revoked?’
    Abdi said, ‘Which… no, my license is good.’
    Hayes followed up, ‘Your taxi license.’
    He then decided he did not want to talk. He tried asking an MTC investigator, who was removing his taxicab plate, to stop us.

    [...]
    A lawyer for MTC noted that most of Abdi's arrests didn't lead to convictions. He noted that only the trespassing at the Islamic Center got a conviction. The Taxicab Commission has discretion when issuing a license. Under the law, it must consider giving second chances. The most violent offenses, sex crimes, and crimes involving moral turpitude would likely make the most difference in blocking a taxicab license.

    http://fox2now.com/2015/07/22/renega...-decapitation/

    Looks like he wasn't in good standing with the local Muslim community, either. Another lone wingnut. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and religions.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toronto CANADA
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    [...]


    [...]
    A lawyer for MTC noted that most of Abdi's arrests didn't lead to convictions. He noted that only the trespassing at the Islamic Center got a conviction. The Taxicab Commission has discretion when issuing a license. Under the law, it must consider giving second chances. The most violent offenses, sex crimes, and crimes involving moral turpitude would likely make the most difference in blocking a taxicab license.

    http://fox2now.com/2015/07/22/renega...-decapitation/

    Looks like he wasn't in good standing with the local Muslim community, either. Another lone wingnut. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and religions.
    RSBM

    According to Wikipedia the St Louis Islamic Center is a Bosnian mosque serving the local Bosniak community

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Islamic_Center

    It could be as a Somalian he was not welcome in the Mosque. Islam is not a monolith. There are different factions (the biggest being Sunni and Shia) and often the various sects are not on good terms with each other (look at all the Shia's being killed by ISIS in Iraq. Just yesterday 70 killed by a truck bomb in Baghdad)



Similar Threads

  1. CT - Ted Hakey, 48, charged with hate crime after firing at Mosque
    By bluesneakers in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-19-2016, 07:12 PM
  2. KY - 2 men acquitted under new US gay hate crime law
    By Reader in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 08:33 PM
  3. FL - Four Men In Orlando Charged With Hate Crime
    By Filly in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 09:02 PM
  4. Teens Charged With Hate Crime
    By bakerprune64 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 03:36 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 11:23 AM