NC - Jennifer Sellers, 47, murdered in her Cullowhee home, 12 Aug 2015

jenves

Reaction score
ba5049968dfbf5d39fd821f9302bef03.jpg

Very tragic, he looks crazed in the photo. Will be interesting to see where this leads. I went to college in this town and I know this has to be a shock to everyone.

http://m.thesylvaherald.com/breaking_news/article_f1e4b8b4-41bb-11e5-85b7-570aaf2b3821.html?mode=jqm

Daniel Aaron Sellers, 18, has been charged with felony murder in the death of his mother, Jennifer Fassold Sellers, of 51 Sun Setting Lane in Cullowhee.

The incident took place yesterday (Aug. 12) around 1:48 p.m.

http://m.thesylvaherald.com/top_stories/article_24af5fee-41ec-11e5-b452-cb73cc92a9e5.html?mode=jqm

Court papers say the 18-year-old killed his mother yesterday afternoon at their home off Cullowhee Mountain Road. The 47-year-old had three other children.

Sellers’ eldest son was profoundly troubled, according to court papers and friends of the victim.

Investigators told a judge they believe Sellers has "previous diagnoses which include Asperger’s syndrome," according to court papers. Asperger’s syndrome would place him on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum. Those with this syndrome find social interactions difficult. They fixate on interests and often exhibit repetitive behaviors...

<modsnip>

Haven't found any SM except for extended family. Found a memorial on Facebook for her late husband. He was a beloved minister in the area and lost his battle with cancer.

I wonder where the other children were when this happened? Thank goodness they were not home. School had not started yet. Senseless murders happen daily but this one chills me. This poor woman did not deserve this fate. I just keep thinking about how she must have been looking at him while he did this and how she suffered. Ugh

Very, very sad. Looks like she was stabbed - says a knife was found next to her body.

Jenny Sellers had told school colleagues her son&#8217;s illness was &#8220;bigger&#8221; than autism, and that she was searching for residential care but couldn&#8217;t secure the help needed. He&#8217;d previously been cared for in a group home.

Jenny Sellers was sexually assaulted, court papers say.

Late last week, Superior Court Judge Brad Letts agreed to Hall&#8217;s request that Daniel Sellers be transferred into state custody. Local authorities told the judge Sellers needs mental health and medical care they can&#8217;t provide.

&#8220;Defendant is a danger to himself and others and cannot be housed in a common dormitory with other inmates,&#8221; court papers say. &#8220;If defendant is kept in solitary confinement, then his condition may deteriorate or be harmful.&#8221; State officials can &#8220;keep him and others safe&#8221; and provide the necessary mental health and medical care, the papers say.

http://m.thesylvaherald.com/top_stories/article_24af5fee-41ec-11e5-b452-cb73cc92a9e5.html?mode=jqm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back