1271 users online (249 members and 1022 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

MI - Candy Lawson, 44, imprisoned disabled sister for years, Corunna

Aug 14 2015, 12:28 pm ET

Candy Lawson, Michigan Woman, Kept Disabled Sister in Closet For Years: Authorities

by The Associated Press

CORUNNA, Mich. — A Michigan woman kept her disabled adult sister locked in a closet for six or seven years with little food, water or clothing and only a bucket for urination, authorities said Friday.

Candy Lawson, 44, of Corunna is charged with unlawful imprisonment, vulnerable adult abuse and embezzlement from a vulnerable adult, Shiawassee County's chief assistant prosecutor Daniel Nees told The Associated Press. Court records said she posted bond after an initial hearing Thursday.

A not guilty plea was entered on her behalf. The District Court in Corunna, 65 miles northwest of Detroit, said Friday that Lawson didn't yet have a lawyer on record...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...rities-n409921

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Authorities: Mich. woman kept disabled sister in closet

Associated Press 1:05 p.m. EDT August 14, 2015

Corunna — A Michigan woman kept her disabled adult sister locked in a closet for six or seven years with little food, water or clothing and only a bucket for urination, authorities said Friday.

Candy Lawson, 44, of Corunna is charged with unlawful imprisonment, vulnerable adult abuse and embezzlement from a vulnerable adult, Shiawassee County’s chief assistant prosecutor Daniel Nees said. Court records said she posted bond after an initial hearing Thursday...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...oset/31720783/

no words for how disgusted I am by how terribly some will treat their own flesh and blood.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Lock this (unusual person) up and throw away the key. Her sister depended on her, and this is what she does?! Locks her up and steals her disability checks! What trash!
    The Skelton boys brought me to Websleuths
    I'm not leaving until they are found!

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

Another twisted freak! Far too many in the world today. I pray for her victim. Sad to read that there were others that lived in the home.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

That thing is only 44?
    Surely that's a type o.
    Should be 84?

Wow, I look AWESOME!