Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr Kunz Jr.
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Missing two year old in Lemhi County
Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

Family members say Deorr Kunz Jr. was camping yesterday afternoon at the Timber Creek Campground at Stone Reservoir when he was reported missing.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

There is no official word from yet from The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office or Salmon Search & Rescue of organized searches for the weekend. We'll update search information as it's released.
http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

[...]
"We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said. "And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7

Since a couple of weeks into this missing DeOrr I started thinking somebody kind of known to the family was up there with them.

We have talked quite a bit about what day DeOrr and his mother and father arrived at camp but we have never asked or discussed what day GGP and Isaac arrived.

Perhaps they were there just a short time or maybe longer.

Could they have been there several days, weeks and made friends with anybody visiting the area.

The detective seems pretty sure, from his interview, DeOrr was abducted.

I wonder what he knows that we don't know???

Could it be that JM, DK and little DeOrr were just visiting GGP for a couple of days?

It always seemed strange they would go camping with GGP and a man they never met. But if they went there and found GGP with a friend that could explain that.

Just thinking about all of this.

Does anyone have a link to the mapping of exactly where this camping spot is? Or have I missed it.

I am sure someone has posted this before.. but this says that deorr was LAST SEEN at1330 pm.. that is 130. Not the 2 pm we have been saying or close to 2 pm "naptime".

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/29726

[h=1]Case Information[/h]
StatusMissing
First nameDeorr
Middle nameJay
Last nameKunz
Nickname/AliasLittle Man
NCMEC number1251277
Date last seenJuly 10, 2015 13:30
Date entered07/31/2015

Age last seen2 to 2 years old
Age now2 years old
RaceWhite
Ethnicity
SexMale
Height (inches)36.0
Weight (pounds)28.0 to 32.0

I am sure someone has posted this before.. but this says that deorr was LAST SEEN at1330 pm.. that is 130. Not the 2 pm we have been saying or close to 2 pm "naptime".

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/29726

[h=1]Case Information[/h]
StatusMissing
First nameDeorr
Middle nameJay
Last nameKunz
Nickname/AliasLittle Man
NCMEC number1251277
Date last seenJuly 10, 2015 13:30
Date entered07/31/2015

Age last seen2 to 2 years old
Age now2 years old
RaceWhite
Ethnicity
SexMale
Height (inches)36.0
Weight (pounds)28.0 to 32.0
Most likely because they were going off the official 911 call made at 2:28 and the mother's account that he had been missing for about an hour.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Wow! Just listened to the interview of the PI at post 933 and learned some interesting things. The bolded parts are his words, albeit summarized and not direct quotes. Everything else is mine.

First, mom, dad and baby visited the store the morning after they arrived. This tells us they did in fact arrive Thursday evening. So, this jives with the story about where they 'slept' which was at first an odd choice of words since we all thought they arrived on Friday and had yet to sleep.

Second, there was a "old" man at the store who stared at the baby enough to make mom nervous about him. PI wants to find this person. Of course, "old" to someone as young as mom could be middle-aged.

Third, the baby could 'walk' out of the boots, so the fact that the boots were never found is a huge clue.

Fourth - the parents have cooperated fully with LE. They are grieving parents. Nothing supports a theory that the parents covered up an accidental death.

Fifth - the PI believes this was an abduction, does not believe the parents were involved in anything to do with the child's disappearance. He discounts GGP being involved.

Sixth - most child abductions are committed by someone that knows the family or is a friend of a friend of the family. The PI pointed no fingers at anyone.

Seventh - he does not believe an animal took the baby.

Eighth - national media needs to bring this case to the attention of the country. There may be someone who noticed that some people now have a little boy that didn't have one before this baby boy disappeared.

Abduction. I have always thought this and now even more so.

Has LE ever said ANYTHING at all to support the abduction theory?

Wow! Just listened to the interview of the PI at post 933 and learned some interesting things. The bolded parts are his words, albeit summarized and not direct quotes. Everything else is mine.

First, mom, dad and baby visited the store the morning after they arrived. This tells us they did in fact arrive Thursday evening. So, this jives with the story about where they 'slept' which was at first an odd choice of words since we all thought they arrived on Friday and had yet to sleep.

BBM

--after the P.I. interview came out, it was discussed AT LENGTH as to what that particular stmt of his meant.

--some were sure that it meant that they must have arrived Thursday night.

--others were of the belief that what the P.I. meant was-------they went up to the store (in) the morning, after they arrived, meaning that they had arrived Friday and later that same morning went to the store, got French fries etc.

Most likely because they were going off the official 911 call made at 2:28 and the mother's account that he had been missing for about an hour.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

And they still have his eyes as being blue. That is really not helpful.

We have very little actual info to go on in sleuthing this case.
We don't know for sure which night/day they arrived.
We don't know if they came together w/ggp. Or his friend IR.
We don't know for sure how long little DeOrr was missing before 911 was called.
But we do know that there are 2 RSO's in Leadore area. One @restaurant/bar, one@other campground said to be about 25 miles away.
We know there is a trailhead leading out of Timber Creek campground.
We know that someone contaminated the reservoir w/human cremains because the sheriff told us so.
We know that the initial search was for an alive missing 2 year old, but not sure that makes it okay that there was someone/s dumping cremains there.
Was the trunk of every vehicle entering or leaving Leadore being searched?
When did the helicopters first come in and I wonder if they used infra-red night vision the first night DeOrr was officially missing.
It is common in that camping area to use off-road motorcycles, bikes, atv's and horses. It is common for people to hike.
IMO the scene was not locked down tight enough in the very first hours. I understand that LE probably thought they would find him quickly.
Then the dogs kept returning to the reservoir which wasted alot of time, then divers searched.
It is my own opinion that there was a "hole" big enough @the beginning for someone to get away from the area w/this toddler.
What else would explain the fact that the water was contaminated? That someone did also drive up that very rugged road?
Hoping for answers,
jmho

Don't mind me; just marking my place.

Thinking of this little guy -- hoping he's brought home soon.

Second, there was a "old" man at the store who stared at the baby enough to make mom nervous about him. PI wants to find this person. Of course, "old" to someone as young as mom could be middle-aged.

Third, the baby could 'walk' out of the boots, so the fact that the boots were never found is a huge clue.

Fourth - the parents have cooperated fully with LE. They are grieving parents. Nothing supports a theory that the parents covered up an accidental death.

Fifth - the PI believes this was an abduction, does not believe the parents were involved in anything to do with the child's disappearance. He discounts GGP being involved.

Sixth - most child abductions are committed by someone that knows the family or is a friend of a friend of the family. The PI pointed no fingers at anyone.

Seventh - he does not believe an animal took the baby.

Eighth - national media needs to bring this case to the attention of the country. There may be someone who noticed that some people now have a little boy that didn't have one before this baby boy disappeared.

Abduction. I have always thought this and now even more so.

Sorry but the PI works for the family; nothing he says is objective information or unbiased insight. I wouldn't lend any credence to this, honestly

So, in looking at the map that was provided, this camp site wasn't as remote as I first thought. We have 172B, 172A and 172 running quite close to it. Makes me wonder how close someone on an ATV would need to get to see a child wandering around alone, quickly devise a plan to kidnap them, carry out that plan within the window of opportunity they had. Which doesn't seem like much time.

So, in looking at the map that was provided, this camp site wasn't as remote as I first thought. We have 172B, 172A and 172 running quite close to it. Makes me wonder how close someone on an ATV would need to get to see a child wandering around alone, quickly devise a plan to kidnap them, carry out that plan within the window of opportunity they had. Which doesn't seem like much time.

4 minutes according to some statments. Possibly as long as 10-15 minutes. That would be a very quick planning and execution period. Which is why I personally cannot get on board with the abduction by Stanger theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50