1342 users online (255 members and 1087 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    7,436

    Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans?

    Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans--- Lyrics
    Louis Armstrong

    Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
    And miss it each night and day
    I know I'm not wrong... this feeling's gettin' stronger
    The longer, I stay away
    Miss them moss covered vines...the tall sugar pines
    Where mockin' birds used to sing
    And I'd like to see that lazy Mississippi...hurryin' into spring

    The moonlight on the bayou.......a Creole tune.... that fills the air
    I dream... about Magnolias in bloom......and I'm wishin' I was there

    Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
    When that's where you left your heart
    And there's one thing more...I miss the one I care for
    More than I miss New Orleans


    The moonlight on the bayou.......a Creole tune.... that fills the air
    I dream... about Magnolias in bloom......and I'm wishin' I was there

    Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans
    When that's where you left your heart
    And there's one thing more...I miss the one I care for
    More.....more than I miss.......New Orleans


    --------------Thought about this old song-------maybe we can put some memories of any good times, good friends, good music, good food we have had in New Orleans.....

    Saw the Rolling Stones in the Superdome in 1989!

    On another trip ate blackened redfish at K Pauls Kitchen--shared a table with a couple from the West Coast a couple from the East Coast and us from the Gulf Coast...............

    Corpus Christi, Texas

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,003
    -Riding the Natchez down the Mississippi
    -Cafe du Monde
    -Breakfast at Brennans
    -Mint juleps at the Court of the Two Sisters
    -Perfume from Hove'
    -Pecan pie at the Magnolia Grill
    -Art of Ron Picou
    -Dinner at Pascal Manale
    -Music! Music! Music!
    -Walks in the Garden District
    -The French Market
    -Boys tap dancing in the streets

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,630
    Quote Originally Posted by marrigotti
    -Riding the Natchez down the Mississippi
    -Cafe du Monde
    -Breakfast at Brennans
    -Mint juleps at the Court of the Two Sisters
    -Perfume from Hove'
    -Pecan pie at the Magnolia Grill
    -Art of Ron Picou
    -Dinner at Pascal Manale
    -Music! Music! Music!
    -Walks in the Garden District
    -The French Market
    -Boys tap dancing in the streets
    My grandmother (father's mother) was born and raised there. Dad lived there after college and worked for the state of LA as a chemist, before US Army service. His two first cousins lived and worked there all their lives. Every Thanksgiving I flew from Tallahassee, FL (FSU) to NO to spend time with them. I was taken all over NO and ate at the best resturants. One cousin was the secretary to the Chief of Naval Operations there, the other was an executive in the LA Rice Commission.

    Over the years, my parents had been given or bought many cookbooks. I have in my possession several. Including, I believe one of Commander's Palace and one on receipes of major resturants. I also have an ancient cookbook compiled by The Times Picayune Newpaper back in the 1920's. When I go home, I can check the books for some favorites to see if they're in the books.

    I do make Bannanas Foster at home on occasion.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    7,436
    Quote Originally Posted by marrigotti
    -Riding the Natchez down the Mississippi
    -Cafe du Monde
    -Breakfast at Brennans
    -Mint juleps at the Court of the Two Sisters
    -Perfume from Hove'
    -Pecan pie at the Magnolia Grill
    -Art of Ron Picou
    -Dinner at Pascal Manale
    -Music! Music! Music!
    -Walks in the Garden District
    -The French Market
    -Boys tap dancing in the streets
    Brennan's Breakfast is great--I had the eggs with trout!

    Blind Eddie at Pat O's...

    Corpus Christi, Texas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,910
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess
    My grandmother (father's mother) was born and raised there. Dad lived there after college and worked for the state of LA as a chemist, before US Army service. His two first cousins lived and worked there all their lives. Every Thanksgiving I flew from Tallahassee, FL (FSU) to NO to spend time with them. I was taken all over NO and ate at the best resturants. One cousin was the secretary to the Chief of Naval Operations there, the other was an executive in the LA Rice Commission.

    Over the years, my parents had been given or bought many cookbooks. I have in my possession several. Including, I believe one of Commander's Palace and one on receipes of major resturants. I also have an ancient cookbook compiled by The Times Picayune Newpaper back in the 1920's. When I go home, I can check the books for some favorites to see if they're in the books.

    I do make Bannanas Foster at home on occasion.
    Post your address so we all know where to go when we have a hankering! <----kissing up big time for an invite to dinner

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    819
    I'd like to add mine...


    ~ Strolling through Jackson Square with the one you love
    ~ A Pimms Cup and muffaletta at Napoleon House
    ~ Shrimp n' Grits at Uglesichs
    ~ Swamp tours by airboat
    ~ Karaoke at the Cat's Meow
    ~ Jazz at Preservation Hall
    ~ Grape Crush at Laffite's
    ~ Second lining at Jazzfest
    ~ Sunday Gospel Brunch at Praline Connection
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...oston/pree.jpg

    Beloved Taffy ~ June, 1994 - February 15, 2007.

    ...always in my heart...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    Post your address so we all know where to go when we have a hankering! <----kissing up big time for an invite to dinner
    Just post a receipe you may want and I'll check out the books for you. Tex, I had trout almandine at Brennans. My mother always ordered Crab Imperial at Commander's Palace. I still have my Hurricane glass from Pat O'Briens. We ate at a little dive on the river a lot for lunch. My first raw oysters washed down with beers. Walks down Bourbon Street. A visit to feed swans in Audobon Park. Staying at their historic home in the Garden District. So much more.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5,630
    Ahhh, almost forgot the beignet's with cafe au lait. I believe somewhere I do have the french donut receipe.

    Also, a very special receipe from our family history. Gumbo, the real thing, not commercial and spiced up with too much tomato. Also a handwritten receipe my dad secured from the son of an owner at Arnaud's for their shrimp sauce.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    7,436
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess
    Just post a receipe you may want and I'll check out the books for you. Tex, I had trout almandine at Brennans. My mother always ordered Crab Imperial at Commander's Palace. I still have my Hurricane glass from Pat O'Briens. We ate at a little dive on the river a lot for lunch. My first raw oysters washed down with beers. Walks down Bourbon Street. A visit to feed swans in Audobon Park. Staying at their historic home in the Garden District. So much more.

    Also ate at NOLA, one of Emeril's restaurants: Rib eye on a bed of roasted garlic mashed taters


    http://www.brennansneworleans.com/breakfastmenu.html

    Believe I had.....

    EGGS ST. CHARLES
    Poached eggs atop
    delicately fried trout with
    Hollandaise sauce.
    Suggested Wine - Fume Blanc
    29.00 / Bottle


    Pat O Brien's --waiter talked me into having their 'strongest drink', a Skylab
    cause in the morning you'd feel like the Skylab (back in the 70's) fell on your head. 3 bars at Pat O's...Lobby, the Patio and the Piano

    Corpus Christi, Texas

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,003
    Loved the turtle soup at Felix's.
    And the jazz brunch at House of Blues.
    And the Gumbo Shoppe.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMex
    Also ate at NOLA, one of Emeril's restaurants: Rib eye on a bed of roasted garlic mashed taters


    http://www.brennansneworleans.com/breakfastmenu.html

    Believe I had.....

    EGGS ST. CHARLES
    Poached eggs atop
    delicately fried trout with
    Hollandaise sauce.
    Suggested Wine - Fume Blanc
    29.00 / Bottle


    Pat O Brien's --waiter talked me into having their 'strongest drink', a Skylab
    cause in the morning you'd feel like the Skylab (back in the 70's) fell on your head. 3 bars at Pat O's...Lobby, the Patio and the Piano
    YUM, I had the Eggs Hussard but I wanted to try the Eggs St. Charles. I had that along with a few brandy milk punches.

    Pat O's, the nicest waiters in the quarter.
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...oston/pree.jpg

    Beloved Taffy ~ June, 1994 - February 15, 2007.

    ...always in my heart...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    7,436
    Quote Originally Posted by marrigotti
    -Riding the Natchez down the Mississippi
    -Cafe du Monde
    -Breakfast at Brennans
    -Mint juleps at the Court of the Two Sisters
    -Perfume from Hove'
    -Pecan pie at the Magnolia Grill
    -Art of Ron Picou
    -Dinner at Pascal Manale
    -Music! Music! Music!
    -Walks in the Garden District
    -The French Market
    -Boys tap dancing in the streets
    Had the BBQ shrimp at Pascal Manale's

    Music---love Big Al Carson at the Funky Pirate on Bourbon St.

    Corpus Christi, Texas

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMex
    Had the BBQ shrimp at Pascal Manale's

    Music---love Big Al Carson at the Funky Pirate on Bourbon St.

    That is what I always order there. I have the recipe, if you are interested. It is in my Italian American cookbook.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    7,436
    Quote Originally Posted by marrigotti
    That is what I always order there. I have the recipe, if you are interested. It is in my Italian American cookbook.
    Sure PM me...

    Someone gave us a cookbook years ago called "Who's your momma, Are you Catholic and Can you make a Roux?" by Marcelle Bienvenu who is a good friend of Emeril Lagasse

    Corpus Christi, Texas

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    7,436
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess
    My grandmother (father's mother) was born and raised there. Dad lived there after college and worked for the state of LA as a chemist, before US Army service. His two first cousins lived and worked there all their lives. Every Thanksgiving I flew from Tallahassee, FL (FSU) to NO to spend time with them. I was taken all over NO and ate at the best resturants. One cousin was the secretary to the Chief of Naval Operations there, the other was an executive in the LA Rice Commission.

    Over the years, my parents had been given or bought many cookbooks. I have in my possession several. Including, I believe one of Commander's Palace and one on receipes of major resturants. I also have an ancient cookbook compiled by The Times Picayune Newpaper back in the 1920's. When I go home, I can check the books for some favorites to see if they're in the books.

    I do make Bannanas Foster at home on occasion.

    I think Paul Pruddhomme was head chef at Commamnder's Palace before he opened K Pauls on Chartres

    Bannanas Foster at Brennan's is so good...

    Corpus Christi, Texas

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Miss Indiana crowned Miss America
    By Dark Knight in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 11:20 AM
  2. Miss Michigan crowned Miss America
    By Taximom in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-28-2008, 10:46 AM