Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Police release video in Lonzie case, claim Ruben Ebron murdered little boy
Police cancel Amber Alert, work case as murder
Aug 03 2015

Lorenzo-Barton--tall--jpg.jpg

Police announced late Monday the Amber Alert for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton is canceled and they are 100 percent sure the toddler who disappeared 10 days ago disappeared at the hands of the mother's boyfriend.

"I'm cancelling the Amber Alert and not working this as an abduction anymore," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney said. "We are working this as a murder case. You need to know that. Ruben Ebron needs to know that."

This comes after the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office obtained surveillance video that it said shows Ebron abandoning the car he claimed was stolen with Lonzie Barton inside and running away minutes before he called 911 to report it stolen and the toddler taken.

JSO: Story 'crumbling' for Lonzie Barton murder suspect
August 4, 2015

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Twenty-one-month-old Lonzie Barton was murdered and not abducted like originally reported by 32-year-old Ruben Ebron, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Large-scale search efforts by authorities to find Lonzie wound down after Sunday, Aug. 2, ten days after he was originally reported missing by Ebron. On Monday, the toddler was added to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's list of unsolved Amber Alerts alongside 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

JSO Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney, in a media briefing on Aug. 3, implored the family and friends of Ebron to get him to tell the police what he knows. Hackney even asked Ebron himself to come forward with the location of Lonzie's body.

Order of Arrest and Commitment

Child Neglect Charges Arrest Report

Lonna Barton Arrest Report

*Media, Maps & Timeline* *No Discussion*

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4

Please continue here for Lonzie.

Leave Facebook on Facebook, DO NOT bring the rumors here.

There have been multiple warnings about this so don't find your self on the outside looking in wondering what happened to your posting privileges.

Thank you

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Ruben-Ebron-expected-in-court/34754652

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

In just a few hours, the prime suspect in the disappearance of 21-month-old Lonzie Barton is expected to face a judge to be arraigned on three charges."

"He had been charged with two counts of child neglect since the toddler disappeared more than three weeks ago. An additional charge of giving false information to police was added on Friday.
Monday morning, the judge will formally read Ruben Ebron his charges. Ebron will then be asked to enter a plea. We'll also find out if there will be any changes to Ebron's bond; he's being held on $100,000."

tick tock, tick tock...

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Ruben-Ebron-expected-in-court/34754652

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

In just a few hours, the prime suspect in the disappearance of 21-month-old Lonzie Barton is expected to face a judge to be arraigned on three charges."

"He had been charged with two counts of child neglect since the toddler disappeared more than three weeks ago. An additional charge of giving false information to police was added on Friday.
Monday morning, the judge will formally read Ruben Ebron his charges. Ebron will then be asked to enter a plea. We'll also find out if there will be any changes to Ebron's bond; he's being held on $100,000."

tick tock, tick tock...

Thanks for posting the info Ray of Hope. From what i have found this is what he is facing:

Penalties for Child Neglect

The crime of Child Neglect is classified as a Third Degree Felony and is assigned a Level 6 offense severity ranking under Florida's Criminal Punishment Code.

If convicted of Child Neglect, a judge can impose any combination of the following penalties:

Up to five (5) years in prison.
Up to five (5) years of probation.
Up to $5,000 in fines.
https://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/children/child-neglect.html

Thanks for posting the info Ray of Hope. From what i have found this is what he is facing:

Penalties for Child Neglect

The crime of Child Neglect is classified as a Third Degree Felony and is assigned a Level 6 offense severity ranking under Florida's Criminal Punishment Code.

If convicted of Child Neglect, a judge can impose any combination of the following penalties:

Up to five (5) years in prison.
Up to five (5) years of probation.
Up to $5,000 in fines.
https://www.richardhornsby.com/crimes/children/child-neglect.html

Hoping the cameras are allowed in.

What if LL's children were not even in the car though? How can he then be charged with Child Neglect? Those kids could of been somewhere else while RE was doing whatever driving the car, dumping it and the running from it. But he has already been telling LE lies from what we read, so where would the neglect come in under those circumstances, seeing as there are no charges of any other kind to do with Lonzie yet? Unless the neglect charge is on him for losing Lonzie, which i guess it would have to be, and not because he left them in the car? Guess we'll have to wait see.

I guess if the kids weren't in the car and he said they were then he must be hiding something big to risk neglect charges. It doesn't make any sense. And we know from the video footage from LE that Lonzie wasn't in the car when RE left it where he did. Unless he did something that wasn't captured on the surveillance video?

Reposting what I just posted on the locked thread..

I dont believe the kids were even in the car, so where that would leave those neglect charges is anyones guess. Although, I believe, the neglect charges are nothing to do with kids being left in the car. I believe its because the kids ( lonzi definitely) were exposed to a dangerous situation with drugs. In my opinion, Lonzi got into their drug stash and over-dosed. I believe he was deceased way before Ebron took Lonna to work, and a cover-up between the two was concocted .

I have reasons for thinking this way but cant voice them here.

This is the other charge RE is accused of:

Lying to Law Enforcement
Florida Statutes 837.055 & 837.05 – Lying to Law Enforcement

Did you know it is illegal to give false information about a commission of a crime or for giving false information during an investigation? Florida Statute 837.055 prohibits reporting a real crime and also giving false information while section 837.05 deals with lying to law enforcement once an investigation has begun.

There is a difference between lying and being mistaken. It is a crime to lie to law enforcement but it is not a crime to be mistaken. During stressful situations, we don’t always observe the events accurately, and while under stress, we may misspeak or forget the facts. This is understandable because we are not robots who can remember everything perfectly. Sometimes individuals honestly tell law enforcement what they think what happened, but in reality the facts are wrong. This is where innocent people can get into trouble.
Punishment for Lying About the Commission of a Crime

Falsely reporting a crime is a first-degree misdemeanor that is punishable up to 365 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

If this is the second conviction and the defendant was audio or video recorded, the defendant gave written statement, or a third party overheard the conversation, the crime is a third-degree felony punishable up to 5 years in prison and a $5,000 fine. If the lying is about the commission of a capital felony, the crime is a third-degree felony punishable up to 5 years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
http://www.felonyflorida.com/lying-to-law-enforcement.html

Reposting what I just posted on the locked thread..

I dont believe the kids were even in the car, so where that would leave those neglect charges is anyones guess. Although, I believe, the neglect charges are nothing to do with kids being left in the car. I believe its because the kids ( lonzi definitely) were exposed to a dangerous situation with drugs. In my opinion, Lonzi got into their drug stash and over-dosed. I believe he was deceased way before Ebron took Lonna to work, and a cover-up between the two was concocted .

I have reasons for thinking this way but cant voice them here.

Hi Retribution, I agree with your theory. I think Lonzie accidentally overdosed on illegal substances. Big problem for RE & LL if that was the case. They both have previous drug charges already.

I also believe that Law Enforcement know this. I think the only reason Lonna has not yet been arrested is because LE are letting Ebron think he is taking the rap for this alone, in the hope he will get angry and say " hey, you know what?...Im not in this s**t on my own, why should I be the only one going down!" And spill.

i also dont think Ebron is doing this out of "undying love or loyalty" for Lonna..I think he is arrogant enough to think if he holds fire and keeps denying, they WILL get away with it. When reality hits and s**t hits the fan, he will do a deal.

I also believe that Law Enforcement know this. I think the only reason Lonna has not yet been arrested is because LE are letting Ebron think he is taking the rap for this alone, in the hope he will get angry and say " hey, you know what?...Im not in this s**t on my own, why should I be the only one going down!" And spill.

i also dont think Ebron is doing this out of "undying love or loyalty" for Lonna..I think he is arrogant enough to think if he holds fire and keeps denying, they WILL get away with it. When reality hits and s**t hits the fan, he will do a deal.

That could very well be the case. I think time will tell how it all pans out. I would think LE are still collecting information from other people that might be able to shed some light on things.

Agreed I don't think they will talk at all unless little Lonzie is found then they will try to deal.
I also believe they know he WONT be found so silence is golden.

LE will find anything and use everything to keep this dude in Jail.

Lorena Inclán
‏@LorenaANjax Ebron pleads not guilty to all three counts against him stemming from Lonzie Barton case @ActionNewsJax

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax · 7m7 minutes ago
State attorney: Ebron is attempting to profit from Lonzie case by declining media interviews unless he gets paid @ActionNewsJax #FINDLONZIE

State attorney filed motion for a nebbia hearing before Ebron posts bail to find out where money is coming from @ActionNewsJax

State attorney says Ebron has admitted to making money by selling narcotics @ActionNewsJax

https://twitter.com/LorenaANjax

Lorena Inclán ‏@LorenaANjax · 51s52 seconds ago
Next hearing set for Sept. 2 @ActionNewsJax #FINDLONZIE

lorena inclán
‏@lorenaanjax ebron pleads not guilty to all three counts against him stemming from lonzie barton case @actionnewsjax

lorena inclán ‏@lorenaanjax · 7m7 minutes ago
state attorney: Ebron is attempting to profit from lonzie case by declining media interviews unless he gets paid @actionnewsjax #findlonzie

state attorney filed motion for a nebbia hearing before ebron posts bail to find out where money is coming from @actionnewsjax

state attorney says ebron has admitted to making money by selling narcotics @actionnewsjax

https://twitter.com/lorenaanjax

p.o.s

Declining interviews unless he gets paid ! Piece of work ! Even if he is NOT guilty of Lonzie's ' disappearance' , he is guilty of being a dope head and leaving the kids to do dope and forcing ( speculative ) their mother to go strip to pay for his dope and sell his dope for him. You're guilty because when we are taxed with protecting a child , that is our ONLY job and you did not do it ! But I'm fairly certain he's got something to do with the ' disapperance' as well. Sick !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member