/not Guilty - Morgan Freeman’s Step-granddaughter, E’dena Hines, 33, Stabbed To Death In New York.

dotr

Reaction score
"Morgan Freeman’s step-granddaughter was stabbed to death on a New York street in the early hours of Sunday, police have confirmed.

E’Dena Hines, 33, whose grandmother was Jeanette Adair Bradshaw, the actor’s first wife, was stabbed several times in front of her home in Harlem’s West 162nd St."

It seems like a horrific case of domestic violence. Awful!

1439753599_morgan-freeman-goddaughter-death_1.jpg

"A 30-year-old male was arrested after being found kneeling over Hines. He was taken to Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and is currently undergoing psychiatric evaluation.

"The world will never know her artistry and talent, and how much she had to offer," Freeman said in a statement. "Her friends and family were fortunate enough to have known what she meant as a person. Her star will continue to shine bright in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. May she rest in peace. "

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...bed-death-new-york-city-2015168#ixzz3j1C7EM78
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/morgan-freemans-step-granddaughter-dead-6264513

"Hines studied acting at New York University and taught underprivileged youth in Memphis, Tennessee.

The actress - who recently returned to New York after working in Memphis - recently blogged about her experiences on set.

"I thought I was the group cheerleader, giving them what they needed to keep going cause I was blessed with exuberant amounts of energy, but, I was more exhausted when it counted," she wrote.

"While everyone else would be relaxing on breaks, I was entertaining or so I thought. I also became aware that my voice was always heard above others which meant they all knew about me, but I didn't actually know a lot about them.

"Ahhhhh.... There is something beautiful in knowing you can find your stillness and be silent, but you can also be a ball of power," she added."

Morgan-Freemans-Granddaughter-EDena-Hines.jpg

Oh, dear! Some more details of the murder are coming out...

The wannabe rapper who allegedly stabbed Morgan Freeman's step-granddaughter to death on a Manhattan sidewalk early on Sunday morning in an apparent 'exorcism' has been named a friend of the couple.

E'Dena Hines, 33, was found dead after live-in boyfriend Lamar Davenport, 30, supposedly attacked her near her home in Washington Heights and stood over her body screaming: 'Get out devils!'

<snip>

'Get out, devils! I cast you out, devils! In the name of Jesus Christ, I cast you out!,' the boyfriend screamed, said George Hudacko, 65, who witnessed the attack from his window in Washington Heights and called 911.

Witnesses told The New York Post that the man continued to stab Hines' lifeless body until police arrested him. When officers arrived he was reportedly still making the stabbing motion while the knife was stuck in her chest - and he didn't have anything in his fist.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-crazed-ex-boyfriend-Manhattan-sidewalk.html

From the link.

:eek:

"'Get out, devils! I cast you out, devils! In the name of Jesus Christ, I cast you out!,' the boyfriend screamed, said George Hudacko, 65, who witnessed the attack from his window in Washington Heights and called 911

Witnesses told The New York Post that the man continued to stab Hines' lifeless body until police arrested him. When officers arrived he was reportedly still making the stabbing motion while the knife was stuck in her chest - and he didn't have anything in his fist."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yfriend-Manhattan-sidewalk.html#ixzz3j2jK1LmD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Looks like while I was copying and pasting the quote from DM to WS on my phone (a very cumbersome task, at times), dotr took care of business. Thanks!

No updates at all regarding the sentencing on May 29th.

Man sentenced in fatal stabbing of Morgan Freeman's step-granddaughter
Jan 17 2019
image.jpg

In this July 14, 2008 file photo, actor Morgan Freeman and step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines attend the world premiere of "The Dark Knight" in New York. (AP Photo/Evan Agostini, File)
"NEW YORK - A man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for the fatal stabbing of actor Morgan Freeman's step-granddaughter in New York City.

Prosecutors say 33-year-old Lamar Davenport stabbed his girlfriend E'Dena Hines multiple times in August 2015 while under the influence of alcohol and drugs.

Davenport issued an apology during his sentencing hearing Thursday, and said, “I don't remember what happened.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back