1189 users online (178 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...de6e016e0cd249
    BRENDEN Bennetts told a friend in England he was “trying to forget” the day after he allegedly murdered Gatton schoolgirl Jayde Kendall, a court has heard.

Bennetts, now aged 21, has pleaded guilty to manslaughter but is on trial in the Brisbane Supreme Court for murder as he denies he intended to cause Jayde’s death.

The jury has heard Bennetts is believed to have killed Jayde less than two hours after he picked her up from school on Friday, August 14, 2015. The 16-year-old’s body was too decomposed to determine a cause of death when it was discovered in a field on the outskirts of town 13 days later.

Jayde’s body was found in long grass on August 27 by retiree Tom Tate, who was investigating a strange smell on his property.

The court on Tuesday heard Bennett was speaking to a girl in England via Facebook in the days leading up to Jayde’s death.

(modsnip)
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 09-17-2017 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Copyright

http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...e-girl-s-death

Brenden Bennetts told a friend "I am a threat" the day before he killed Gatton schoolgirl Jayde Kendall, a murder trial has heard.

Bennetts has pleaded guilty to manslaughter but is on trial in the Brisbane Supreme Court for murder after denying he intended to cause Jayde's death in 2015.

The jury has heard Bennetts is believed to have killed the 16-year-old less than two hours after he picked her up from school on Friday, August 14.

He then dumped her body in an isolated field on the outskirts of town and withdrew $70 from her bank account at an ATM.
    Play Video
    Jury hears explosive allegations in Jayde Kendall murder trial

The court heard on Tuesday Bennetts was speaking to new friend Dillan Gilmore in England via Facebook in the days leading up to Jayde's death.

Bennetts suggested Ms Gilmore "check out BDSM" and made other sexually suggestive comments to the then 16-year-old.

"Not the hard core stuff, just the being tied down," Bennetts said on August 13.

(modsnip)
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 09-17-2017 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Copyright

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
    ― Albert Camus

Accused killer's consensual sex with Jayde Kendall went 'horribly and rapidly wrong', court told
    BY ELLIE SIBSON
    32 MINUTES AGO (as of 13 September 2017 18:12 AEST)

'Schoolgirl Jayde Kendall might have died after consensual sex with the accused went "horribly wrong", a Supreme Court murder trial has heard in Brisbane, as the jury retires to consider its verdict.'

'On the eighth day of trial his defence was presented to the jury.

Barrister Michael Copley suggested Ms Kendall was killed during consensual sex that went "horribly and rapidly wrong".

Mr Copley said his client had a "foolish and dangerous tendency to apply force to the neck" during sex but engaging in such behaviour did not prove the participant intended any harm.

Mr Copley said the prosecution's murder case was based entirely on circumstantial evidence and there was no motive for Bennetts to kill her.

Mr Copley said Bennetts' lies after Ms Kendall's death were consistent with someone who was ashamed of what he had done in accidentally killing her during sex.

"It doesn't look good to know that you did the act that caused her death ... because you are continuing to do this bloody stupid thing," he said.

Crown prosecutor Vicki Loury told the court Bennetts lied to police since they first began questioning him.

"For 13 days only Brenden Bennetts knew that Jayde was dead, for 13 days he let her family search for her — what a web of deceit he has woven," she told the court.

Ms Loury questioned why Bennetts had not called emergency services for help.

"If this was just a case of sexual misadventure ... why didn't he ring triple-0?" she said.

"If it was just a terrible tragedy why didn't he get her help?"'

Read more at:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-0...t-told/8942474
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

http://www.news.com.au/national/quee...58ef15c17f5b08

Jayde Kendall murder trial: Jury hears closing submissions

A MURDER trial in Queensland has heard how the man accused of killing a schoolgirl liked to “foolish and dangerous” sexual behaviour.
    Sarah Motherwell
    AAPSeptember 13, 20175:08pm

Court hears details of Qld schoolgirl's death

BRENDEN Bennetts’ behaviour after he killed Gatton schoolgirl Jayde Kendall cannot be explained away by panic or fear, a trial has heard.

Bennetts has pleaded guilty to manslaughter but is on trial in the Brisbane Supreme Court for murder after denying he intended to cause the 16-year-old’s death.

The 21-year-old did not testify or give any evidence in his defence at trial. Defence barrister Michael Copley QC said in his closing submission on Wednesday Bennetts had been inclined to apply force to the neck of his sexual partners for years.

Mr Copley said it was that “foolish and dangerous” behaviour that may have led to Jayde’s death in 2015.

(modsnip)
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 09-17-2017 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Only approx 10% per copyright rule please.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...l-murder-trial

(modsnip)

Gatton schoolgirl Jayde Kendall's death may have been the result of Brenden Bennetts' "foolish and dangerous" behaviour during sexual activity, a jury has heard.

Bennetts has pleaded guilty to manslaughter but has spent the past seven days on trial in the Brisbane Supreme Court for murder as he denies he intended to cause the 16-year-old's death in 2015.

His fate now rest in the hands of 12 Queensland jurors, who retired at 4.15pm today to deliberate their verdict.

The trial had heard Jayde was last seen alive getting into Bennetts' distinctive red Toyota Corolla after school about 3.20pm on Friday, August 14.

Her body was too decomposed to determine a cause of death when it was discovered concealed by grass on an isolated field on the outskirts of town 13 days later.

(modsnip)

The jury will resume its deliberations at 10am tomorrow.

Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2017

Jayde Kendallcourtsqueenslandnationalcrime
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 09-17-2017 at 08:07 AM. Reason: To comply with 10% copyright rule.

Justice Ann Lyons told the jury they must be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt Bennetts intended to kill or cause Jayde grievous bodily harm in order to return a unanimous verdict for murder.

(from InDeep's post, above)
    Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
    ― Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by possumheart View Post
    Justice Ann Lyons told the jury they must be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt Bennetts intended to kill or cause Jayde grievous bodily harm in order to return a unanimous verdict for murder.

(from InDeep's post, above)
    I'll be surprised if the jury finds him guilty of murder. Sadly, I think that their verdict will be guilty of manslaughter. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Guilty of murder!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A jury has found Brenden Bennetts guilty of murdering Queensland schoolgirl Jayde Kendall in August 2015.

A Brisbane Supreme Court jury delivered their verdict at 3.10pm today after deliberating for a day.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...-jayde-kendall

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

News just now: Bennetts has been found guilty of murder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's the way to do it. Found guilty and sentenced on the same day!

RIP Jayde.

ABC News BrisbaneVerified account @ABCNewsBrisbane

I've never been more happy to hear I was wrong!

And life too. Thank God!

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast