527 users online (72 members and 455 guests)  

Websleuths News

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Metro Detroit

Carnival Cruise employee charged with molesting teen

Aug 17 2015, 12:23 pm ET

Carnival Cruise Employee Yovany Suazo-Batiz Charged With Molesting Teen Ship Passenger

by Elisha Fieldstadt

A Carnival Cruise Lines employee was arrested in Florida on Saturday for allegedly sexually abusing a teenage passenger, according to police.

Yovany Suazo-Batiz, 46, a steward on the Carnival Valor, was arrested when the ship docked at Port Canaveral, east of Orlando, according to a statement from the Brevard County Sheriff's Office. He has been charged with sexual battery of a person under 16 years of age and lewd and lascivious molestation, and is being held on $95,000 bail, the statement said...

I have heard way too many stories about cruise employees being pervy with kids and teens. My daughter, at 15, went on a cruise with a best friend and family. She said she and her friend were constantly being 'hit on' by employees. I was so mad when she described it after she got back.

My son went on a cruise to Cabo when he was 18. It was a group of mostly high school seniors for graduation trip. Some of the girls were 17 still. A couple of them were 16. My son said the employees were very rude and obnoxious the way they acted towards the teen girls. He was there with his girlfriend but the other girls on the trip without boyfriends were very upset with some of the employees. They said sexual things etc.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn