1208 users online (215 members and 993 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The wm murderer has been killed for years now. I think he was shot by the pimp of his last victim while he was trying to strangle her.

And no more were dumped in that area after that. Jmo

So I think that killer was actually that one that was killed already. At least thats what I gleaned from the dateline show that I seen on this case. Idk.

But i could be wrong.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

I simply don't think Montoya is our guy here.As it has already been pointed out here the trophy garden was far too close to home and they went over his trailer thoroughly (I do have my doubts when it comes to ABQPD.) The pack and the LE theories do interest me the most.A pack makes the most sense with number of victims in the mass grave.It also fits the rouge cops theory why else would they make such a mess of the case if it was to protect their own?

I would check further into ABQPD and the officer that all those women mentioned. In fact, he said during his interview, he had in his possession photos of some of the women he had arrested. Why would he have them? And did any of the women interviewed mention other cops ever telling them that the cops were the killers? When he said that ABQPD would sometimes tell the women that they killed those women, just to keep them off the streets. That seems ridiculous to me. Why is he no longer with the ABQPD?
    These are just a few of the questions I have about this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkpoet View Post
    I simply don't think Montoya is our guy here.As it has already been pointed out here the trophy garden was far too close to home and they went over his trailer thoroughly (I do have my doubts when it comes to ABQPD.) The pack and the LE theories do interest me the most.A pack makes the most sense with number of victims in the mass grave.It also fits the rouge cops theory why else would they make such a mess of the case if it was to protect their own?
    Gacy and Dahmer's trophy gardens were pretty close to home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true.But an open field? Not to mention he lived in a trailer park someone would notice or at least everyone would think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chattahoochee View Post
    While I have no idea who I think the murderer would be as far as a name, I do think the West Mesa murders are connected to the Jennings murders, and possibly the Chillicothe murders. Groups of drug addicts/prostitutes with close ties disappearing in a relatively small area and time period. The girls in both West Mesa and Jennings were reportedly afraid for their lives/knew they were targets before their deaths. There are heavy rumors of LE connections to the murders in both cases. In both cases locals in the drug scene seemed to know the girls were dead before bodies were found. West Mesa 2003-2005, Jennings 2005-2009. Reading about the cases, the details are eerily coincidental.

Could it be an officer who transferred from one PD to another? A traveling drug dealer or informant? Someone who is part of multi state sex trafficking, so has intimate knowledge of that "underground" world?
    Do you have any links for the other two cases you mentioned.?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
    In 2015, a man by the name of Joseph Blea was convicted of raping an 8th grader 26 years earlier. He was sentenced to 36 years in prison in June 2015. It took that long for the girls rape kit to be done. The murders were done between 2001-2005. There hasn't been another one of those murders. I mean if Blea was able to rape an 8th grader; he's capable of doing this. Plus he wasn't in prison when those murders were committed. Plus two of his other victims were just 15 years old. He also has a long history of sexually assaulting women.
    Do you have links for that case?

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye05 View Post
    Out of all the unsolved serial murder cases I've looked into, this is the one that I am the most confident I know who the perp is. I am convinced that Joseph Blea is the West Mesa killer. Let's look at some facts here:

-Blea is a violent serial rapist who had exhibited predatory behavior since at least the 1980s.

-He may have started killing as early as 1985. DNA recovered from the clothing of Jennifer Shirm, a prostitute who was found dumped on a curb, was matched to Blea in 2009.

-Six years before the disappearances began, a woman walking along Central Ave identified Blea as the individual who called her over to his vehicle and proceeded to expose himself. Police later found rope and electrical tape in the passenger seat of his vehicle.

-Police did surveillance on Blea, and observed him stalking prostitutes for four consecutive days. They watched as he "slowed and circled the block in areas where prostitutes were working. He did not approach any prostitutes but appeared to be closely watching them."

-APD detectives talked to at least 20 prostitutes who recognized Blea, one which reported that he once brought her to his house and attempted to tie her up, though she didn't let him.

-His wife reported finding women's underwear and jewelry in the house that did not belong to her or their daughter, and that the daughter once reportedly found a stash of women's underwear hidden in the shed. As of February 2016, police would not comment on whether any of these items could be linked to any of the victims on the grounds of them being part of an "ongoing criminal investigation".

-Some of the victims families noticed that jewelry was missing.

-Blea's former cellmate was interviewed and stated that Blea appeared to have an interest in the West Mesa case, and that while he never admitted to being directly involved, he said that he knew and had paid for sex with some of the victims. He also reportedly referred to the victims as "trashy" when discussing the case, and even admitted to hitting one, claiming that she tried to steal his money.

-His wife has said that Blea would often express his apparent hatred for prostitutes, calling them sluts and whores.

-Both of his former wives also stated that Blea would frequently leave the house late at night to dump landscaping debris out on the West Mesa and would sometimes later return with women's clothing and jewelry.

-The burial site was close to the area where Blea disposed of his landscaping debris.

-A piece of landscaping debris; a tree tag for a Spearmint Juniper, was found buried 8 feet below the surface in the grave of one of the victims. I strongly suspect that this tag got stuck to the victim's body while in Blea's vehicle.

-The tag was linked to a specific wholesale nursery in Vacaville, CA that sold to retail landscaping businesses in Albuquerque, one of which identified Blea as a regular customer.

The fact that a piece of landscaping debris was found in the grave of one of the victims, and that Blea was a landscaper with a history of sexual violence, predatory behavior, and frequenting of prostitutes, and who was known to dump his landscaping debris near the burial site is just way too much to be a coincidence. I have a feeling that police are fairly confident that Blea is their man, but don't have quite enough to charge at this point. In any case, he's going to die in prison for being a serial rapist anyway.
    So question? Are the newly released photos from the sex tape from his man? He sounds like the one.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAugustus View Post
    I just had a few thoughts on it, but the former police officer who said that they used to tell prostitutes that they themselves were killing them is very odd. Maybe because I'm not understanding the chronology? When were they telling them these things was it before or after the dump site was found? I wish someone would have asked the working girls that, because if it WAS before the dump site was found, it would imply foreknowledge to the serial killings as the question was even posed as to why it took the police so long to figure out there was an active serial killer(s) in the area. And if they were telling the girls this before the dump site was discovered, why wouldn't they have also warned or alerted the public to be on the lookout? Another thing I find strange about it is why would you want to make your own job more difficult? If they were telling the women this, you would be opening yourself up to alot of prostitutes resisting arrest if they had a run in with them. And you're also going to cause MORE distrust amongst the citizens when you already have a horrible reputation?? It simply fails any type of logical reasoning to tell that to the people you are policing. Also, it's very possible that what you are looking at is a symbiotic relationship between the police and drug runners. It was already labeled as an out of control police department so corruption by drug runners paying off or using police is already is a possibility. And if it is a drug hub for smuggling, then more often than not, police are on their payroll. Smugglers may be ruthless, but they're not stupid. They will take the path of least resistance. Meaning if they couldn't own or bribe the police, it wouldn't BE a hub as the smugglers would move their route through a place they could buy off. So I'm hypotheizing that its a combination of two of the potential scenarios/suspects presented tonight: Crooked police working for smugglers/cartels. But I hope someone investigates alot deeper into the police officer who said that they themselves told the women that they were killing them as that fails even the most basic logic on multiple levels.
    I think it all depends on the answer to your first question, was it before or after?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaltje View Post
    Having never heard of this case (WTH?!) until it was mentioned at the end of ep6 of the killing season, I have tried to take in as much information as I could about the case.

I dont think WM SK is Blea or Montoya. For all the same reasons stated in this thread and in the killing season episode. Montoya being too close to dumpsite, Blea preying on younger girls, etc.

I do agree that the murderer is very good at covering his tracks - the LE theory makes sense/fits with that. The lack of evidence left behind, the location of bodies,etc. Also, there may be more then one SK involved as two of the victims were taken together. There are more burial sites out there, I don't think they have stopped or will ever stop.

So to recap I think LE or two SK working together.
    I don't think he knew their ages. They just had to look young. One was 15..

Quote Originally Posted by harleymae View Post
    So question? Are the newly released photos from the sex tape from his man? He sounds like the one.

No, the person I am referring to is suspect Joseph Blea. You are thinking of the other suspect, Lorenzo Montoya.

Quote Originally Posted by EliSmithsonite View Post
    Well for me I wish they did more follow up on the guy and his son that moved to california. After getting what they belive to be a positive voice match, I feel they should have looked into it further.

Also if I'm not mistaken, they moved to San Bernardino California, at least that's what I got from the show. Which is less than an hour from Santa Ana. I find it peculiar to say the least, that now there is a believed serial killer, killing prostitutes in Santa Ana, after moving from a close proximity of the west mesa murders and being possibly suspect in the case, they move to place in california in close proximity to a similar eire series of murders.

I do understand the drug cartel idea, but to me I feel like the drug cartel would send more of a message. Another weird thing for me is the woman that disappeared with her cousin, insinuating more than one killer, possibly cartel, possibly father and son...

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    What are you going on about? The Santa Ana killer, Steven Dean Gordon was caught and arrested a while ago and was recently sentenced to death. There is no link there.

How sad it is after 8 years missing women are not discovered yet. But Jochems and Barber are stilling hoping that their detectives will solve the case.

Dump sites can be close to home

Quote Originally Posted by dc20015 View Post
    Gacy and Dahmer's trophy gardens were pretty close to home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Ridgeway had several close to home. I am rewatching this episode right now and the amateur profiler they used was wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2