GUILTY VT - Brendon Cousino, 30, killed by driver's failed suicide, Richmond, 31 July 2015

kimi_SFC

Reaction score
Karri Benoir who drove into traffic and killed a young dad faces murder charge | Daily Mail Online

A woman who reportedly drove into oncoming traffic in a failed suicide attempt and killed a 30-year-old man is facing a murder charge.

Karri Benoir, 23, wanted to kill herself when she veered into the other lane of traffic in the town of Richmond, Vermont, on July 30, police say.

Benoir, who is from Vermont, drove across the grass divide between the two lanes and hit Brendon Cousino, a married father of three young daughters
0499c73276d759b883850548cc96733c.jpg

[...]

Embedded videos & MuchMore@Link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-30-year-old-father-facing-murder-charge.html

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is so freakin SELFISH. She should have driven off a cliff or into a wall. WHY kill an innocent passerby just because you want to die????? UGH

Benoir arraigned on murder charges in deadly crash - WCAX.COM
[...]
Court papers show Benoir's boyfriend told police after a fight she called him saying she was going to kill herself in a car accident. Benoir also admits to having suicidal thoughts and cutting herself.

Right now the murder suspect is not being guarded at the rehab facility. That was a concern for some.

Prosecutors and Judge Sam Hoar worry Benoir could be a flight risk when she gets out of the facility and could be a danger to herself and others. Benoir's lawyer says differently.

"We are confident she is not suicidal, we're very concerned about a lot of comments out there being misinterpreted. That said, the paperwork does show people bringing up the concept of her suicidal, the court's concerned about it. We want to have the presence necessary for the court to recognize she will be safe if released," said Robert Sussman, Benoir's lawyer.

Benoir's next hearing will be Thursday. Her lawyer will bring her grandparents in to argue she will be supervised at all times after being released from the hospital. Prosecutors are still determining if they will argue for bail or ask for Benoir to be held without.

Embedded video & More@Link

http://www.wcax.com/story/29749229/benoir-arraigned-on-murder-charges-in-deadly-crash

-----
The defense is contesting that KB was suicidal at the time of the crash. I don't see how they can based on the snip above (and by her actions JMO).

I read in another article that the victim was on his way to purchase a Minions birthday cake for one of his children.

This case is absolutely heartbreaking!

:(

Somehow it will turn out that she is the victim (sarcasm).RIP Brendon and prayers for his family.

Woooooow. Ok. Was an actual suicide attempt or reckless driving and then said suicide attempt to avoid getting in trouble?

Heartbreaking. Reminds me of Jeanette Sliwinski (20-something kills 3 drivers in attempted suicide): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanette_Sliwinski

As someone who has struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts my entire life, I understand the desire to end the struggle. But I will NEVER understand involving innocents. This man should be alive with his family right now.

Her lawyers though are confident that she is not suicidal. What?
RIP Brendon.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ho-caused-fatal-crash-89-sentenced/713321001/

In a courtroom packed with family members and friends of a Richmond EMT killed in a July 2015 crash, Karri Benoir apologized on Monday for causing the fatal crash...

At the conclusion of the emotional hour-long hearing, Judge Kevin Griffin sentenced Benoir to six to 15 years in prison. Benoir had pleaded guilty in August to a felony count of gross negligent driving with death resulting. Three other charges, including second-degree murder, were dismissed as part of her plea agreement.

Benoir said she is working on turning her life around by taking college courses, helping others with their educations and by becoming a certified yoga instructor.

Because teaching yoga is completely going to make up for killing him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back