1397 users online (269 members and 1128 guests)  

Websleuths News

Mexico - Hugo Ruiz, 38, IL man missing in Mexico City, 13 Aug 2015

SUBURBAN MAN MISSING IN MEXICO, FAMILY FEARS FOUL PLAY
    The family of a suburban man who has gone missing in Mexico has issued a desperate plea for help.

Hugo Ruiz, of Northlake, was there working on construction projects when he vanished last week.

Ruiz should be back in the Chicago area and his children were ready to go with him to the Wisconsin Dells Monday.

No one has spoken to him since Thursday night and he missed his flight from Mexico City back to Chicago on Friday.

In surveillance video from Thursday night, Ruiz is seen talking on his cell phone and walking off camera. Roughly five hours later his family says someone removed all his belongings from his hotel room.

They believe his credit cards were stolen and fear Ruiz could be in harm's way.

"It was his last day in Mexico on the job," said friend Sarah Decorah. "He knew he was coming home, he was excited to come, there's no reason that he would not come home."
    http://abc7chicago.com/news/suburban...l-play/940533/
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Chicago Family Searching for Answers After Man Mysteriously Goes Missing in Mexico City
    by Natalie Martinez
    August 17, 2015

[...]
    Hugo Ruiz was on site at a construction job in Mexico City for a five-month project and set to come home Friday, but the 38-year-old never made it to the airport.

[...]
    “The last conversation was on Thursday, he called me just to let me know he definitely wanted to go to the family gathering and to pick him up at the airport,” Brenda Ruiz said.

[...]
    “You see him standing there with his book bag,” Brenda Ruiz said. “I know for a fact that's him. He carries that book bag everywhere. Even here.”

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

ABC-7's August 17th Facebook post for Hugo - relatives have commented.
    https://www.facebook.com/abc7chicago...391162/?type=1