962 users online (119 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    I did view the latest and newest movie on Lifetime the evening it premiered although, in so doing, I did not anticipate providing a critique. My disclaimer is that I do not tolerate CL all that well. It is my own fault that I hold her directly responsible for K. Cobain's suicide shot gun death. I don't like it when people get away with murder. With that in mind as my bias, a nudge was required to watch it but compassion for the boys, and they were boys when I met them, encouraged me.

The character who played Jose, Bonito Martinez, was fantastic! Cruel, cold and conniving just as we know he was in real life. He made the show worth watching. The plot fastened to the mistreatment by their abusive parents clearly demonstrating the crazy making behavior of the brothers.

It is sad to know the best years of a person's life are those years not meant to be experienced behind bars. No traditional marriages. No children. No grandchildren. I have a theory. The Jose Menendez seed needed to be stopped from spreading.

Chess is a slow game. Can you imagine playing it via snail mail?
    Last edited by DeDee; 07-13-2017 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeDee View Post
    I did view the latest and newest movie on Lifetime the evening it premiered although, in so doing, I did not anticipate providing a critique. My disclaimer is that I do not tolerate CL all that well. It is my own fault that I hold her directly responsible for K. Cobain's suicide shot gun death. I don't like it when people get away with murder. With that in mind as my bias, a nudge was required to watch it but compassion for the boys, and they were boys when I met them, encouraged me.

The character who played Jose, Bonito Martinez, was fantastic! Cruel, cold and conniving just as we know he was in real life. He made the show worth watching. The plot fastened to the mistreatment by their abusive parents clearly demonstrating the crazy making behavior of the brothers.

It is sad to know the best years of a person's life are those years not meant to be experienced behind bars. No traditional marriages. No children. No grandchildren. I have a theory. The Jose Menendez seed needed to be stopped from spreading.

Chess is a slow game. Can you imagine playing it via snail mail?
    I'm not crazy about Courtney Love either, but she did an okay acting job. The actor who played Jose was very believable (I have to say that Edward James Olmos was terrifying as Jose in "Menendez: A Killing In Beverly Hills" in 1994) and yes, it does show how a person's upbringing can have a huge impact on how it shapes their behavior and psyche.

Yes, it would be very slow playing chess via mail, but of course, that's the only way they can communicate with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Noirdame79 View Post
    I'm not crazy about Courtney Love either, but she did an okay acting job. The actor who played Jose was very believable (I have to say that Edward James Olmos was terrifying as Jose in "Menendez: A Killing In Beverly Hills" in 1994) and yes, it does show how a person's upbringing can have a huge impact on how it shapes their behavior and psyche.

Yes, it would be very slow playing chess via mail, but of course, that's the only way they can communicate with each other.
    I'm watching it now, Benito Martinez is excellent in the role of Jose. Cold and cruel, if he was really that way in real life, and if events were as depicted, how horrific. I shudder to think of those boys growing up with him as a father. And, if so, it's not hard to understand how they did what they did. Not to mention their pathetic excuse for a mother. It's really heartbreaking. And a little difficult to watch especially knowing the horror they went through their entire lives, then ending up spending the rest in prison. It doesn't seem right. Whatever happened to justice?

As difficult as it is to watch, at least having recorded it on DVD I can fast forward through the 5 minute long Marie Osmond Nutrisystem commercials. Gawd, I'm sick of that... person.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16