943 users online (162 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha

Pistorius will be released from prison Fri August 21 / Will be under house arrest

We have new members and visitors. Rather than having them search for the latest news about Pistorius being released I decided to start this thread.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/17/africa...iref=obnetwork

New members jump in and tell us what you think.

Visitors please register. Click on the "Register" tab at the top of the page.

After I grabbed a spatula and scooped my jaw off the ground I can honestly say "WHAT? 10 MONTHS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

There. Now I feel better.

Thoughts?

Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

Thoughts:

1. Had this man been a black South African or a poor man, he would be in jail for the rest of his life.
    2. OP is a lier and a 'man' with absolutely no regard for anyone other than himself. That said, he served his 'sentence' [insert snark here] and will walk out tomorrow.

I hope he never finds peace. Murderer.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Nice to see you back on here SeattleChiquita.
    And congratulations on being the first poster on the new thread.
    (I was a "newbie" way back when you were posting on this case at it's very beginning. )

Quote Originally Posted by cottonweaver View Post
    Nice to see you back on here SeattleChiquita.
    And congratulations on being the first poster on the new thread.
    (I was a "newbie" way back when you were posting on this case at it's very beginning. )
    Hi there ---lots has passed since. I became so disillusioned after the verdict I stepped away.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

Every day of the trial, I set my alarm clock for 1 a.m. so that after three hours sleep I could get up and watch the live stream from So Africa. I remember OP's pathetic testimony, his fake tears and his "vomiting" into the green bucket. Early on in the trial, most of us respected Judge Masipa and believed she would see this scumbag for what he really was.

OP and his smitten judge are a disgrace. Even more of a disgrace will be this killer's release from prison after serving only 10 months. I hope one day when this scum is in a bathroom, someone (preferably a woman), shoots him.
    ​Blessed are they with nothing to say and the wisdom not to say it.

Teghan Alyssa Skiba - never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    Hi there ---lots has passed since. I became so disillusioned after the verdict I stepped away.
    Same here I don't feel any less angry/upset now though, I thought I would have calmed down by now!

(No idea why I thought that, it's not like I feel any less maddened by the OJ verdict and that was over 20 years ago!)
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands." Douglas Adams

I read a tweet posted in the other thread, saying that OP will NOT be wearing an ankle bracelet. But he will, supposedly, be under 'house arrest.' How long do we think he is going to obey that rule? I bet he ends up going out and drinking with his friends at a a party some night. I hope so and I hope he gets taken back into custody too ...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I read a tweet posted in the other thread, saying that OP will NOT be wearing an ankle bracelet. But he will, supposedly, be under 'house arrest.' How long do we think he is going to obey that rule? I bet he ends up going out and drinking with his friends at a a party some night. I hope so and I hope he gets taken back into custody too ...
    Katydid23

I think Nel is responsible for this whole debacle. He knew this was coming. The case was 1 plus 1. But Nel made it seem like trigonometry.

I also think the judge was jealous of Reeva. Jmo.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    We have new members and visitors. Rather than having them search for the latest news about Pistorius being released I decided to start this thread.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/17/africa...iref=obnetwork

New members jump in and tell us what you think.

Visitors please register. Click on the "Register" tab at the top of the page.

After I grabbed a spatula and scooped my jaw off the ground I can honestly say "WHAT? 10 MONTHS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

There. Now I feel better.

Thoughts?

If I'm not mistaken; Reeva had a law degree as well. So Iam shocked that the judge allowed this whole thing to happen to a woman in S.A without a stiffer penalty to Oscar.

She is probably more upset about the killing of Cecil the lion; Than she is of Reeva the law graduate /model.

The judge needs to be removed. Jmo.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    That was doubtless a wise move Seattle!

@Chelly "
    Every day of the trial, I set my alarm clock for 1 a.m"
    @ Karen "
    I don't feel any less angry"
    I wonder what it is about this case that is so compelling for everyone?
    I agree that the sense of injustice "unites" so many people, as injustice and sense of morality offended tends to do.

Naturally I do think this trial, being televised and broadcast through live tweeting etc meant it encouraged more engagement from the public. Here in the UK we don't get opportunities to see televised trials, so to observe all the legal shenanigans was grimly fascinating.Plus, to see the poor level of expertise displayed by Masipa was a real surprise to me. ( Jaw-dropping day of judgement reasoning - You didn't need any legal knowledge not to be flabbergasted by her lack of logic.)
    I don't think it's like 'panto" even though a smattering of posters will seize on that point- "he's behind you".

It was more like watching a slow-motion multiple car crash and being unable to intervene.

A couple of threads back, I tried to compare the level of experience of Appeal Court judges here in the UK compared to many on the SCA bench and even to me the differences appeared quite startling.

State's Appeal : Heads Of Argument August 13th 2015

Anyway here's the link to the important stuff:

http://pod702.co.za/Eyewitnessnews/d...scarAppeal.pdf

Although I'm afraid, so far, all of the constructive discussion on this topic is now stuck back on the previous thread 63, about page 55 until page 59

PAROLE SUSPENDED

MEDIA RELEASE ON OSCAR PISTORIUS - PAROLE SUSPENDED

https://juror13lw.files.wordpress.co...ugust-2015.pdf
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by cottonweaver View Post
    Anyway here's the link to the important stuff:

http://pod702.co.za/Eyewitnessnews/d...scarAppeal.pdf

Although I'm afraid, so far, all of the constructive discussion on this topic is now stuck back on the previous thread 63, about page 55 until page 59
    The other thread seems to have been shut down because of all the silly squabbling on it. I do hope that we can get through his release and the appeal without losing any threads or any FMs.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelMustard View Post
    PAROLE SUSPENDED

MEDIA RELEASE ON OSCAR PISTORIUS - PAROLE SUSPENDED

https://juror13lw.files.wordpress.co...ugust-2015.pdf
    WAIT? What does this mean??????
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    WAIT? What does this mean??????
    In a statement, South Africa's Justice Minister Michael Masutha said the decision to free the athlete was taken prematurely.

"One sixth of a five year sentence is 10 months and at the time the decision was made Mr Pistorius had served only over six months of his sentence," the statement said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-33987669

He was considered for parole before he was eligible to be considered for parole. Maybe he'll stay inside until the appeal, which is just a few months away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast