London, Ont.16th time female has stripped all the flowers and tributes from headstone

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ers-from-grave-of-london-ont-grandmother.html

"She’s in her late teens or early 20s, she’s lean and she dyes her hair blond.

And she has a compulsion to steal flowers and mementos from the grave of great-grandmother Alma Allerston at St. Peter’s Cemetery in London, Ont.

A hidden video camera captured the woman ripping freshly planted flowers from the ground last week and then sprinting off"gravestone-thie.jpg.

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/08/14/flowers-mementos-regularly-taken-from-london-cemetery

"First, it was mementos and knick-knacks carefully placed on the grave by family members that went missing.

Then it was handmade wooden plaques. The family would put them on the grave only to return and find them gone.

Medeiros chalked it up to St. Peter’s being an open cemetery, and figured people saw things they liked and took them.

Then the family started planting flowers in June.

The result was the same: gorgeous flowers, planted in memory of her mother, ripped from the earth by an unknown thief.

“I’m talking planted in the ground pulled it,” Medeiros said.

Officials at St. Peter’s Cemetery couldn’t be reached for comment.

London police are asking for the public’s help to find the suspect, described as a slim woman in her 20s, about five feet five inches tall with dyed blond hair and dark roots.

“I would say it’s unusual for one grave site to be targeted,” police spokesperson Const. Alanna Hollywood said".

Could this be the daughter or granddaughter of a relative who was long ago disowned by family, or of an ex-spouse of a family member? That may account for why none of the family recognize the young woman, i.e., they may not be familiar with the daughter or granddaughter of someone distanced from them for many years. The way the woman sprints from the grave site once she has done the damage, I suspect someone is waiting for her in a nearby vehicle.

Obviously, someone has a quarrel with the woman buried there or with her family in general. It looks like a double headstone. Is the deceased's husband still living? Are any other relatives buried in the cemetery? There must be some reason why a person is going out of her way to target this one headstone.

JMO

ETA: Also noted that the deceased was buried in April, so there have been 16 incidents within 4-5 months. Very possible someone with a vendetta saw the obituary in the newspaper. I hope the thief is caught and prosecuted soon but, if not, I should think the vandalism would get old after a while.

[video=youtube;cPAzvah4R4Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPAzvah4R4Q[/video]

Wonder if there is such a thing as burial plot flower, memento, envy?

Could thief also have a camera trained on the action as part of a long-term prank? speculation, imo.

Hmm. Strange indeed. I too believe it must have something to do with either the woman buried there or with the woman's family. Even if that is the case, it is an interesting way to get back at somebody. Interesting is not the right word, but I can't think of a better one right now. Trying to keep my eyes open from a long day.

Whatever the reason, I think it is a low down thing to do. To specifically target that grave one can't help but think there has to be a connection. If it was just for kicks/pranks it would seem (to me) that this person would run around to various headstones...stealing an array of items. This seems more personal. (IMO)

Personally, this would anger me and that is likely because of how I grew up. Family members of mine that have passed have all been buried. Growing up I sadly had to go to several funerals of very close family members. The burial service is something I always remember. I also have many memories from a young age, accompanying my mother and grandmother, to put flowers on our loved ones graves throughout the year. They taught my sister and I to be very respectful while at the cemetery. Not just at our families grave sites but the entire place. If anything needed to be cleaned up or if there were headstones with no flowers (while walking and making our way to our families section) my mom would stop and tidy up..and she would always bring extra flowers to place on those that looked abandoned.

Anyway, I hope this person gets caught. I certainly hope she doesn't continue to get away with this. I know that some people wouldn't be as offended as I am by this. Regardless it is just wrong and incredibly disrespectful.

I've been a member here long enough to know that people do insane, horrific, and Crazy stuff all day everyday - but sometimes....here and there...I'm taken aback by a few...for some reason this is one of them.

I wonder if it's the same person every time. It reminds me of a prank that would catch on with kids. Not an initiation, but a thing kids do like stealing street signs or vandalizing war memorials (happened in my town every freaking year). Much worse than a regular prank, but not something personal about this particular grave.

She looks young to me, and at the very end I think she's looking over at someone before she runs.

Just a thought.

Maybe they could put a tracking device in the next pot of petunias. :/

Looks more like a teen ager to me. Could this be part of some sort of initiation? Like you have to do this to get into some club or something? Which could mean its not the same person every time... I do feel its some teen ager prank thing and probably not a personal vindetta.

Last year in the UK there was a very similar situation except the thief, a middle-aged woman, targeted the trinkets left at the grave of a young female murder victim.
Wonder if the person was eventually caught and if so, why she tortured a family that way?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pictured-woman-wanted-police-after-4195613

“It’s difficult to try and understand why someone would want to remove them because they have little monetary value, but our primary aim is to try and get them back so they can be returned to the memorial, where they belong.”

Last year in the UK there was a very similar situation except the thief, a middle-aged woman, targeted the trinkets left at the grave of a young female murder victim.
Wonder if the person was eventually caught and if so, why she tortured a family that way?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pictured-woman-wanted-police-after-4195613

“It’s difficult to try and understand why someone would want to remove them because they have little monetary value, but our primary aim is to try and get them back so they can be returned to the memorial, where they belong.”

That sounds like mental illness to me.

I just searched on Christina's name and didn't find any updates. I wonder how often this happens?

More info at this link.

http://www.am980.ca/2015/08/17/vide...-flowers-from-grave-garners-global-attention/

"It’s a video almost everyone in London is talking about, and more than 10 million people around the world have now seen.

Police, however, still have no suspects and no arrests to report in the case of a woman, caught on video, stealing flowers from the grave of an apparent stranger.

The hidden camera video, posted on Marg Allerston-Medeiros’ Facebook page, had been viewed more than 10 million times as of Monday morning, while the story has been picked up by media outlets around the world since it was first reported last Friday by AM980"

How bizarre & sick! This is my hometown & tbh this city is getting weirder every day. I just read 2 different stories of "peeping toms" who were recently caught filming women on the university campus (Bradley Priestap & Walter Figuredo, if someone wants to make threads, Priestap has quite a history & Idk where to post the cases).

This is absolutely disrespectful. If it were a prank, why continue to choose that one particular grave though? Maybe this person had a grudge against the deceased? I'd say looking for free garden plants but again, why that one grave? Hopefully they record her multiple times & charge her for each count of vandalism. The cemetary should also press charges if they're not already involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back