MO - Tamara Dominguez, 36, transgender, murdered, Kansas City, 15 Aug 2015

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Guardian; more at link:

Kansas City woman's death is 17th reported transgender murder this year

A transgender woman was found dead early on Saturday morning after being run over by a black SUV in a parking lot behind a church in Kansas City, Missouri.

Tamara Dominguez, 36, was the 17th transgender woman reported murdered in the US this year, and her death was the fourth killing brought to light in the past week.

Police say that Dominguez was seen exiting the SUV around 3am on 15 August before she was hit by the driver of the vehicle, who then ran over her two more times.
---
The investigation is ongoing, and officials say it is too early to suggest a motive. But they have not ruled out that it may have been a hate crime.

“As with any other investigation,” Sergeant Kari Thompson of the Kansas City police department told the Guardian, “if it determines that the act fits the definition of a hate crime, we will class it accordingly."
---
“The murder of trans women, particularly trans women of color, is a real epidemic facing our nation,” executive director of KCAVP, Justin Shaw, told the Guardian. “We demand immediate attention on both local and national levels to end this violence.”
---

Horrible. I was hoping there had been an arrest.....but I guess no yet.

Juan Rendon is now mourning his friend and former roommate.

“I last saw her about two months ago, but I can say every time I saw her, she was always happy, always smiling. We had so much fun together in the Power and Light District especially. Tamara was a really, really nice person with a big heart, ” adds Rendon as he holds a picture of Tamara and wipes tears from his eyes.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/08/18/friends-mourn-kc-woman-run-over-3-times-by-unknown-driver/
avalanche.jpg

Vehicle LE is looking for.........

I'm very grateful to the witness that reported what he or she knew about this terrible crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back