864 users online (125 members and 739 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canada - Baby found in hotel safe, Niagara Falls, Aug 2015

Not sure where to put this but here goes: a baby was discovered in a hotel safe by staff of the Howard Johnson hotel in Niagara Falls, ON. The baby was crying and alert when discovered. The parents showed up and took off with the baby before police arrived. Police want to check on the welfare of the baby. Car is a grey Ford passenger van with New Jersey plates .

The hotel room was registered to a person from Brooklyn, NY, and the vehicle associated with the guest has a New Jersey plate. It is a 2015 Grey Ford passenger van with the plate B31EUB.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/58...in-hotel-safe/

"The vehicle plates have been flagged, and as of yet they haven't attempted to re-enter the U.S.," said Kraushar.

Flagging the vehicle means if they attempt to re-enter the U.S. they will be pulled aside, "to ensure the welfare of the infant."

Kraushar said there is no reason at this time to believe the infant is in danger. He said this type of event is rare and the investigation is ongoing.

An investigator remains at the hotel.

The safe was a third of metre by a third of a metre, said Kraushar, but the depth dimensions are unknown.

He said he believes it was a floor safe.

"Not your traditionally big enough for a wallet safe … it was significantly larger."

Kraushar said the age and sex of the child, and any other details about the family are unknown.

Anyone with information about the van to call them at 905-688-4111 x 4320.

Kraushar said the parents took the baby and immediately left the hotel with multiple families, who took up three rooms, before the police were called.

"I believe the maintenance person, I mean in all fairness, was quite shaken up," said Kraushar, giving clarity on why the baby was returned before police were called.

"But, they did notify us and we've been all over it all day."

Maybe a kid did this as a prank? then they couldn't open the safe?

WTH??????
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Canada - Baby freed from safe in Niagara Falls ON hotel, 18 Aug 2015

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...lice-1.3195446

"Police are searching for an American family whose infant ended up locked in a hotel safe in Niagara Falls, Ont.

The Niagara Regional Police Service said in a news release that the family, from the New York City borough of Brooklyn, was staying at the Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls in Niagara Falls.

On Tuesday, hotel staff was notified that a baby had been locked in a safe in the room and sent a maintenance worker to free the infant. The baby was "alert and crying," police said in a news release.

But the parents, who were on scene when the maintenance worker freed the baby, left the hotel with the baby before police were told what happened."

Maybe the situation was a simple accidental locking of the safe, the parents probably do not realize LE just wants to make sure everyone is ok, imo.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2172348/ba...ls-hotel-safe/

"Niagara Regional police said the baby’s parents alerted the hotel about the incident at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, and a maintenance worker freed the crying child.

Det.-Sgt. Scott Kraushar said the parents were at the scene but they left with the baby before police arrived.

“They were quite distraught and brought the cleaning staff back to the hotel room,” he said.

“Unfortunately there was a delay in contacting police, and we’re not thinking that they were trying to run, they just checked out during that time.”

snip>

"There’s no information on how the child ended up inside the safe. Police want to reach the family to check on the child’s welfare.

They are looking for a grey Ford passenger van with the New Jersey licence plate B31EUB"

I do not understand this. WTH?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

If the plates have been flagged I doubt there's any way this family is getting across the border. Very strange indeed.

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    I can't even come up with a semi-rational reason for this happening.

U.S. border services have also been notified about the incident and said the van has not crossed back into America, said Scott Kraushar of the Niagara regional police. The family is believed to be travelling in a 2015 grey Ford van, with the license plate B31EUB. Anyone who sees the van is asked to contact police at 905-688-4111 x4320.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...195446?cmp=rss

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    WTH??????
    What you said, and more.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Quote Originally Posted by Damarna View Post
    I can't even come up with a semi-rational reason for this happening.
    I can. An older sibling joking around. Then realized they didn't know the combination to open the safe. Anyway, that was my first thought. The fact that the parents left the hotel so quickly though tells me they have something to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I do not understand this. WTH?
    Me neither it's baffling. Thank goodness the baby was found in time.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Merry Christmas to all Websleuths staff, members and guests.

What the WHAT?
    Methinks we need more info, here.

Canada - Baby found in hotel safe, Niagara Falls, Aug 2015

Not sure where to post this but the police are asking for help in locating a family who locked a baby in a hotel safe. The people were from New Jersey but were visiting Niagra falls when the baby was heard crying in a safe by a maintenance worker who free'd the child. The family ran with the baby before police were able to locate them. Let use our sleuthing abilities to locate these people and bring justice to this poor baby.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/201...-in-hotel-safe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast