GUILTY OH - Niall, 3 mos, Gavin, 4, & Noah Pilkington, 3 mos, murdered, 2014-2015 *Mom arrested*

Just when you think murder can't be worse or more petty. She's a frickin lunatic and the judge that sent the latest boy back deserves a cell right next to her!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...urned-to-moms-care-six-days-before-bab/nnMXL/

Brittany Pilkington, of 868 E. Sandusky Ave., has been charged with three counts of murder. Police have accused her of killing
three-month-old Noah Pilkington on Tuesday;
4-year-old Gavin Pilkington in April and
three-month-old Niall in July 2014.

In July 2014, Niall was found dead by his father and Brittany Pilkington’s husband, Joseph Pilkington, when he arrived home from work, police said. The cause of death was undetermined at the time “based on testing and a lack of evidence at the scene,” according to a news release from police.
Then earlier this year, police said Joseph Pilkington, 43, returned from work on April 6 to find Gavin dead. The Logan County Coroner’s Office and the police department are still investigating that boy’s death.

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local/ohio/2015/08/18/ohio-mom-says-she-killed-3-young-sons/31956457/

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ohio-mom-says-she-killed-3-young-sons-13-months-n412111

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosecutor-mom-says-she-killed-3-young-sons-to-help-daughter/

A woman calmly called 911 to report her baby son wasn't breathing on Tuesday and then hours later confessed to killing him and her two other young sons over the past several months because her husband paid more attention to them than their daughter, authorities said.

Logan County prosecutor William Goslee told The Columbus Dispatch he interviewed Brittany Pilkington and she confessed to killing each of her sons by placing a blanket over their heads and suffocating them.

"In her mind," Goslee said, "she was protecting her daughter from being not as loved as the boys were by their father."

The daughter, 3-year-old Hailey, was taken into custody by a county child welfare agency.

Three babies dead because she felt like her husband paid too much attention to the boys and not her daughter. :(

One thing troubles me deeply (besides the obvious). In the previous deaths there was no evidence of foul play according to the first article. Could it be possible, that mom is mentally ill and making this all up? As in she did not do this but is saying she did because she feels responsible? Maybe?

returned from work on April 6 to find Gavin dead. The Logan County Coroner’s Office and the police department are still investigating that boy’s death.
http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local...sons/31956457/

This is the 4 yr old easier to tell it was not sudden infant death etc...possibly could tell a struggle had also occurred. I think the other one went unattested due to the age of only a few months, probably much harder to determine homicide over SIDS. Just guessing

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nati...322254192.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_NYBrand

The Pilkingtons' neighbor James Breaston was home, across the hall from the family, when Gavin died in April. He remembered consoling a distraught Joseph Pilkington but finding Brittany Pilkington unperturbed.
"He was crying, the tears were rolling, and she was just cold," Breaston told the Dispatch. "She just stared like nothing happened."
He said that when saw police arrive on Tuesday morning he thought, "Oh, there's another baby dead."

-----------------------------------------

Why in the world would they ever let her have any children back before they had ever finished the investigation.!

One thing troubles me deeply (besides the obvious). In the previous deaths there was no evidence of foul play according to the first article. Could it be possible, that mom is mentally ill and making this all up? As in she did not do this but is saying she did because she feels responsible? Maybe?

I think they said they were still investigating the last boy's death before this one. Red flags should have been falling everywhere due to two children dying mysteriously close together. If she smothered them in their sleep there wouldn't necessarily be any physical evidence.

No, I don't think she is mentally ill. I think her motive is typical when mothers or fathers kill their own. It sounds like she really had a disdain for her own little sons and didn't find them as worthy as her daughter. So when the father showed them attention she jealously removed her three sons by killing each one of them. Maybe the father showed more attention to his boys because the mother shut them out completely being totally mean to them and didn't give THEM the attention they deserved. So many parents like this kill their own children to get back at their spouse. Never mind the children were totally innocent. She sounds like a self centered to me where only her daughter mattered in her life.

The police wouldn't just arrest her own her word. Imo, the evidence is consistent that she is the murderer.

And by saying he paid 'more attention' to the sons than her daughter what she really meant was ' he paid more attention to them THAN ME!' JMO

There are so many things wrong here. :(

So little Noah was with child and family services (or whatever it's called) until this past week when he was placed back in the home?!

Poor little ones.

There was 8, now there is 9.

8 Monstrous Mothers Who Killed Their Own Children

http://www.oddee.com/item_98679.aspx

If only it really was nine moms.:(

So many defenseless children now are losing their lives because they are either murdered by their bio mom or bio dad or both were involved.

The last statistic I read moms and dads are running neck and neck now when it comes to committing child murders.

What I have never believed is when some say that moms murder their children for different reasons than the dad does. Or that the mom has to be mentally ill. There just isn't anything supporting that and only 2-4% of moms who murder their own are deemed to be mentally ill. Moms do seem to be more narcissistic and overrate their worth and ignorantly believe the child/children cant live without them. We see this in moms who murder and then attempt to commit suicide often leading to a failed attempt to do so.

Their motives aren't that much different than fathers who kill either imo. 1) see their child/children as burdens (aka Casey Anthony for example) 2) jealous of their own child/children or their stepchildren. 3) to seek revenge against their spouse or SO. 4) financial gain 5) custody disputes. 6) kills them if their boyfriend doesn't want kids- aka Susan Smith for example. 7) kills them because spouse is wanting a divorce. 8) Gross neglect such as starvation or gross physical abuse that results in a homicide. 9) sold their child to a pedophile resulting in rape and murder of the child.

Rarely are moms truly mentally ill like Andrea Yates was thought to be.

IMO

This is soooooo disturbing. I mean, how....??????

No, I don't think she is mentally ill. I think her motive is typical when mothers or fathers kill their own. It sounds like she really had a disdain for her own little sons and didn't find them as worthy as her daughter. So when the father showed them attention she jealously removed her three sons by killing each one of them. Maybe the father showed more attention to his boys because the mother shut them out completely being totally mean to them and didn't give THEM the attention they deserved. So many parents like this kill their own children to get back at their spouse. Never mind the children were totally innocent. She sounds like a self centered to me where only her daughter mattered in her life.
rsbm, boldfaced by me

Now, I'm not talking about 'criminal insanity' here, but do you not think that the boldfaced above reveals some pretty deep mental illness? If not, do you think that it shows mental health?

Not that I think that her culpability should be diminished at all, but the thought processes involved here certainly reveal some mental illness. It is not normal to think that way.

The poor boys did not have a chance. The father used to date Brittany's mother before dating Brittany. This woman does not have a soul.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back