1329 users online (204 members and 1125 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72
Results 1,066 to 1,072 of 1072
    Quote Originally Posted by Interested Bystander View Post
    Mr Fossil and JJ,

I have just read your excellent description of the trajectories. I am sure you are spot on. OP had to be nearer the door when he fired the final 3 shots. The powder deposits do not lie. The are usually only detectable for 1 metre which confirms that any deposits found nearer the door have to be within 1 metre of the gun. Why did Nel not labour this point. It seems to simple to prove.

Interestingly on one of Judge Greenland's old videos he categorically states (I believe Greenland shoots) that OP had to be mentally totally in charge of his faculties to shoot such a tight set of shots. So none of the "I didn't know what I was doing" or "I did not aim". We know OP lies. With your work we are finding out just how much.

Very well done, again, and brilliantly presented.
    Thank you.

BIB I have reworded and expanded the paragraph I think you refer to make it clearer. No powder deposits were found on the actual toilet door. Primer residue was found at the light switch.
    Last edited by Mr Fossil; 10-26-2015 at 01:54 PM.
    "O, what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!" Sir Walter Scott

Mr Fossil and JJ - thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put into this. Fascinating stuff. What a shame Nel didn't dig deeper into it.

IB - Not only Greenland, but Martin Hood (SA legal expert and licensed firearms owner) also said pretty much the same thing - that the tight grouping of shots indicated OP was more in control of his faculties than he let on, and that he was 'most probably' holding the gun with two hands, not one, as OP claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    Thank you.

BIB I have reworded and expanded the paragraph I think you refer to make it clearer. No powder deposits were found on the actual toilet door. Primer residue was found at the light switch.
    ..Mr Fossil...another excellent job on your blog about the bullets.... i would like to know following the bullet trajectories and your study of them what is your opinion of how Reeva fell afterwards (if you have one), in particular if it was possible that she fell onto the rack ....?
    Last edited by Colin de France; 10-26-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin de France View Post
    ..Mr Fossil...another excellent job on your blog about the bullets.... i would like to know following the bullet trajectories and your study of them is your opinion of how Reeva fell afterwards (if you have one), in particular if it was possible that she fell onto the rack ....?
    Thank you.

We have quite a bit of information figured about what we think may have happened in the toilet but we're still working on it.
    "O, what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!" Sir Walter Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Colin de France View Post
    ..Mr Fossil...another excellent job on your blog about the bullets.... i would like to know following the bullet trajectories and your study of them what is your opinion of how Reeva fell afterwards (if you have one), in particular if it was possible that she fell onto the rack ....?
    I have listened to the whole of Mangena's testimony this evening. He clearly states he thinks she fell onto the magazine rack, probably in a seated position but was adamant that the magazine rack did not cause the two marks on her back. There were also two fragments of a bullet found inside the magazine rack and one in the toilet bowl. Botha, of course, also said that she fell onto the magazine rack but it is his opinion that the two wounds on RS's back were made by the rack itself. Mangena rejected Botha's opinion out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fossil View Post
    Thank you.

I remember Mangena saying that at 60cm there was no residue but that it could be OP shot from that distance or beyond that distance. I have read that it is likely that residue will be found up to 1 metre but his gunshot tests did not find any residue at that distance.

I don't recall any mention of powder residue being found anywhere else in the bathroom other than from the shot when he was reasonably near the light switch. I have listened again this evening to his testimony and he definitely does not mention anything about further residue being found anywhere in the bathroom. Although he said it was possible OP had shot from the back wall of the bathroom, he also thought it was possible he was nearer to the door, even as near as 60cm. Do you think he did not test for residue from 1 metre back to the wall or would there not have been any deposits on the floor? Does the residue completely evaporate if it fails to come into contact with anything nearer than 1 metre? The word residue suggests that there are solids involved.

I have not yet listened to Botha's testimony again yet but in Roux's cross examination of Mangena he clearly states that he has proof that the magazine rack was the cause of the marks on RS's back but I don't recall any proof being presented. He clearly states that he has proof that the rack and the injuries match. Is this another of Roux's falsehoods?

Lastly, I am unsure why the question of whether it was the rack or the bullet fragments that caused RS's back injuries is of any importance in the big picture but everyone else seems to think it is. I must be missing something. What is it please?

EDIT From memory, I think Botha said the bullet would be revolving and therefore could not have caused the injuries. I would understand that better if it was a whole bullet that caused the injuries but Mangena said the ricochet caused the bullet to fragment and certainly two fragments were found in the magazine rack.
    Last edited by Interested Bystander; 10-26-2015 at 08:23 PM.

New thread is ready and open for posting.
    Please continue here:
    Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #65~ the appeal~

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72