9:57 p.m. MDT August 19, 2015

GDBRedJ.png
vid5z9u.png

Edgar Barroso, 29 and Juvenal Tamayo, 35

eDCqGbJ.png
OENobDU.png

Pedro Valdez, 30, and Steven Hillen, 27

[...]
According to the arrest affidavit, Steven HIllen, Pedro Valdez, Juvenal Tamayo and Edgar Barroso were arrested for assault, menacing and kidnapping.

One of the unnamed victims told police she was kidnapped in front of the Breakfast King restaurant, forced to strip down to her underwear, made to use methamphetamine, was duct taped and threatened with a handgun.

[...]
A victim also said the suspects discussed whether to kill the women.

4 women kidnapped, assaulted and held hostage in Denver garage, according to arrest affidavit
Deb Stanley, Lindsay Watts
10:47 AM, Aug 19, 2015

[...]
She said she was first taken to a home in the 1200 block of South Mariposa Street where she and another woman, also being held against her will, were forced to strip down to their underwear and then bound with duct tape.

One victim reported Barroso pistol-whipped her and then fired a shot in the floor, threatening to kill her and the other woman.

The pair said they were later taken to a garage behind a home in the 500 block of South Eliot Street between West Virginia Avenue and West Center Avenue.

According to arrest records, Valdez kidnapped two more women at gunpoint and brought them to the garage.
[...]
All the men are facing felony kidnapping, assault and menacing charges. CBS Denver reports that the investigation is ongoing and it's possible the suspects may also face sex assault charges.

Police say they believe they have located all the victims in the case.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alleged-kidnapping-victim-led-police-to-a-garage-full-of-other-victims/

I wonder if any of the four women had been reported missing? How fortunate that one woman was released by the perps so that she could tell LE about the other women. It sounds like such a horrific experience for them.

I wonder if any of the four women had been reported missing? How fortunate that one woman was released by the perps so that she could tell LE about the other women. It sounds like such a horrific experience for them.
Good morning, MamaJoJo. I guess I have to read on, because I'm still not getting a clear picture of the time frame in which all of this occurred.

I believe the first victim was the one kidnapped last Thursday from the Breakfast King. Then the other three were abducted. On Friday one was released, and alerted LE.

ETA: Looks like the woman abducted at the Breakfast King was the second victim.

[..]
A woman told Denver Police Department investigators that two men forced her into a car at gunpoint early Aug. 13, according to court documents. She had taken a cab to the Breakfast King restaurant at Santa Fe Drive and West Mississippi Avenue.
She was driven to a home on South Mariposa Street, where another victim was being held hostage by two other men.

[...]
Later that afternoon, the two women were moved to a garage behind a home on South Eliot Street and held captive.

When evening fell, one of the men kidnapped two more women at gunpoint near Mississippi Avenue and Irving Street.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28666971/four-denver-women-held-captive-assaulted-garage-beaten

Two updates on this case.

The victims ranged in age from 17 to 39, and the subjects were formally charged today.

Edgar Barroso, 29, is charged with 12 criminal counts including:
- two counts of second-degree kidnapping
- two counts of second-degree assault
- attempted first-degree assault
- contributing to the delinquency of a minor
- two counts of menacing
- two counts of false imprisonment
- possession of a weapon by a previous offender
- prohibited use of a weapon.

Pedro Valdez, 30, is charged with 9 criminal counts including:
- four counts of second-degree kidnapping
- contributing to the delinquency of a minor
- third-degree assault
- prohibited use of a weapon.

Juvenal Tamayo, 35, and Steven Hillen, 27, are both charged with 5 criminal counts including:
- two counts of second-degree kidnapping
- contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/cri...rged-in-kidnapping-assaulting-women/32076789/

Just wow. This story is just crazy. I'm just surprised that a rape charge is nowhere mentioned.

Just wow. This story is just crazy. I'm just surprised that a rape charge is nowhere mentioned.

I am sure the other charges will be added when they have more time to get their paperwork straight.

I can't seem to find any updates on this. Anybody got anything?

As a victim in this we were all blessed to have been found and removed from that horrific moment that has impacted all 4 of our lives.. Many charges have been filed but no trials have started.

Wow, so happy y'all were found. Do you all keep in touch?

As a victim in this we were all blessed to have been found and removed from that horrific moment that has impacted all 4 of our lives.. Many charges have been filed but no trials have started.

I am so sorry this has happened to you all. I hope that you have been able to find strength and healing. What is taking so long to have the trials?
Hoping justice comes soon.

jmo

:welcome:

I am so sorry for what you and the other girls must have gone through and cannot even begin to imagine the pain it has left behind. Thank you so much for coming here and posting! I hope we can offer support for you because one thing we are good at here at Websleuths is surrounding people with love. Please let us know if you need to talk or if we can be of any assistance.

I'm sorry for what you went through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly this case ia still not even up for trial and we are still being victimized each day but now by the system as they offer is no real help at all to better ourselves. Each day I think of the time I spent in that garage being tortured and wish and pray for it to be forgotten. Anyone maybe know of a good therapist or even a pro bono lawyer to help?

This is terrible! My heart goes out to all of the victims, I cannot imagine the horror and pain. Is there no victim's assistance available for the victims? I know Denver has some type(s) of "programs" in place but have read some less than stellar reviews.

Being one of the victims I can verify that victims assistance only helps with certain issues. Our lives have changed in the worst way and rebuiliding things isnt easy. I do not talk to the other girls as we all have been busy trying to get over this. Thanks everyone for the support..

Being one of the victims I can verify that victims assistance only helps with certain issues. Our lives have changed in the worst way and rebuiliding things isnt easy. I do not talk to the other girls as we all have been busy trying to get over this. Thanks everyone for the support..

I am so sorry you and the other girls went through this and are still going through it. I wish there was something we could do to help.

Thanks so much. Ironically I haven't spoken to anyone really about things but am in need of some positive support always.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back