Prisoner Cell Block H star found guilty of historic sex assault on teen

zwiebel

Reaction score
74-year-old Maggie Kirkpatrick, who played prison guard Joan 'The Freak' Ferguson in the popular 1980s Australian TV show 'Prisoner Cell Block H', has been found guilty of sexually assaulting a teen fan under the age of 16.

Kirkpatrick had denied the charges (two of indecent assault, one of gross indecency) but the judge found the victim to be a 'witness of truth'. The assaults happened in 1984 when Kirkpatrick took the girl back to her apartment.

In a statement read to the court, the unnamed victim said she had organised a meeting with Kirkpatrick through a TV producer while she was a patient in a psychiatric hospital in 1984.

The court had earlier been told the victim had not reported the abuse until 2013 because she thought everyone would think she was crazy.

It's not stated when sentencing will be heard.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-08-20/...of-sexually-assaulting-teenage-girl-in-1980s/

Attachments

• stream_img.jpg
    stream_img.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 52
This show was very popular in the Australia and the UK, but I don't know if it ever aired in the US. Anyone?

In the United States (as Prisoner: Cell Block H), the series became somewhat popular when it was first screened on KTLA in Los Angeles from 8 August 1979. It was aired Wednesdays at 8 p.m. and was the first Australian to be screened in US prime time. It was shown in New York on WPIX from 1980 to 1981 when it was cancelled following episode 274. From 1980 it was aired on WLVI in Boston, KYW-TV in Philadelphia from 1980 to 1984, KTVU in San Francisco, KOB in Albuquerque and from 1980 to 1983 on WTTG in Washington D.C. Prisoner: Cell Block H has also aired on USA Network and some PBS stations.

Above information is from link below, way down the page under the Other countries section.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner_%28TV_series%29

Euuuuwww.

Ferguson scared the life out of me as a kid, can't decide who was worse - her or Vinegar *advertiser censored*. Both left a lasting impression that I should never end up in prison.... (so far so good)

Loved Cell Block H. Used to watch in bed at night when I shouldn't have, with the subtitles on so my parents didn't hear lol!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back