Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Police release video in Lonzie case, claim Ruben Ebron murdered little boy
Police cancel Amber Alert, work case as murder
Aug 03 2015

Lorenzo-Barton--tall--jpg.jpg

Police announced late Monday the Amber Alert for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton is canceled and they are 100 percent sure the toddler who disappeared 10 days ago disappeared at the hands of the mother's boyfriend.

"I'm cancelling the Amber Alert and not working this as an abduction anymore," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney said. "We are working this as a murder case. You need to know that. Ruben Ebron needs to know that."

This comes after the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office obtained surveillance video that it said shows Ebron abandoning the car he claimed was stolen with Lonzie Barton inside and running away minutes before he called 911 to report it stolen and the toddler taken.

JSO: Story 'crumbling' for Lonzie Barton murder suspect
August 4, 2015

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Twenty-one-month-old Lonzie Barton was murdered and not abducted like originally reported by 32-year-old Ruben Ebron, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Large-scale search efforts by authorities to find Lonzie wound down after Sunday, Aug. 2, ten days after he was originally reported missing by Ebron. On Monday, the toddler was added to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's list of unsolved Amber Alerts alongside 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

JSO Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney, in a media briefing on Aug. 3, implored the family and friends of Ebron to get him to tell the police what he knows. Hackney even asked Ebron himself to come forward with the location of Lonzie's body.

Order of Arrest and Commitment

Child Neglect Charges Arrest Report

Lonna Barton Arrest Report

*Media, Maps & Timeline* *No Discussion*

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5

Please continue here for Lonzie.

Leave Facebook on Facebook, DO NOT bring the rumors here.

There have been multiple warnings about this so don't find your self on the outside looking in wondering what happened to your posting privileges.

Thank you

According to officials, the little girl has been receiving therapy, she’s already had two appointments, and any kind of visitation at the jail with her mother must first be agreed upon by the little girl’s therapist.
Lonna was in court again Thursday morning to determine who would take care of the little girl, who had been staying with Lonna Barton’s mother, Deborah Lauramore, since Lonzie disappeared.
Vallely believes therapy is a short-term solution to help stabilize the patient emotionally and behaviorally in the face of crisis, but he said what will serve this little girl into the future is a stable, loving and nurturing environment.Lonzie Barton's mother arrested

http://www.news4jax.com/news/taking-care-of-lonzies-older-sister/34830584

Link below from...

The American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress® is a multidisciplinary network of professionals who are committed to the advancement of intervention for survivors of trauma. The Academy in collaboration with the National Center for Crisis Management aims to identify expertise among professionals, across disciplines, and provide standards for those who provide intervention to survivors of traumatic events.

Effects of Parental Substance Abuse on Children and Families

http://www.aaets.org/article230.htm

as well as dealing with the loss of her sibling, etc

So CB shows up for Lonna's court date yesterday but was not in court today for his daughters custody hearing. Just want to make sure I got that straight.
http://m.news4jax.com/news/custody-hearing-held-for-lonzie-bartons-sister/34822372

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your link:

"I really need the therapist's recommendations," Gooding [judge] said. "My note to myself was to talk about what sort of trauma intervention (the child) is receiving. What are we doing to help her?"

<snip>

"Thank you for being there. It's so important that children, when they do get removed from their biological parents, that they have someone that is familiar," Gooding said to Lauramore. "The government is a poor substitute for a parent. Children need arms to hold them, ears to listen to them and a heart that loves them. The government has none of those things. So we're always glad to get children with a relative for the sake of the child."

Gooding approved the request from the attorney for the state that the girl's therapist be required to approve any visitation that might happen at the jail. The Department of Children and Families requested supervised visitation for both Lonna Barton and her estranged husband, Chris Barton, who was not in court for the hearing.

http://m.news4jax.com/news/custody-hearing-held-for-lonzie-bartons-sister/34822372

If I was law enforcement I would be concerned that Lonna's mom would try to influence her granddaughter to support whatever story would benefit Lonna.

Tried to fix my link but made it worse. Sorry :(

I wish they'd just open their mouths as to where they put him.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

In this video from the custody hearing the judge says (@1:20) "From the paperwork it indicates that the child has been basically with you for the last several months. All summer, is that right?"

Lonzie's grandmother responds "Yes, she has spent a great deal of time with me, not just then but throughout her..." Judge says "Throughout her life?" Grandmother says "Yes."

Later on the reporter said there was no discussion about Lonzie but there was discussion about Lonzie's father and why he wasn't in court. The reporter said no one could answer.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/barton-sister-coping/34832342

So it does sound like both parents were expected to be there. And it also sounds like Lonzie's sister hadn't been living in that little room 100% of the time. I wonder what the deal is.

In this interview LL says RE & Lonzies thing was the candy jar on the bedside table.

http://http://www.firstcoastnews.com/videos/news/local/2015/08/19/lonzies-mom-sat-down-with-first-coast-news/31980635/

Chief Hackney says they kept drugs in a drawer in the bedroom.

KR says she thinks Lonzie got into their stash.

I couldn't open the above link. This link works for me:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/videos/news/local/2015/08/19/lonzies-mom-sat-down-with-first-coast-news/31980635/

So CB shows up for Lonna's court date yesterday but was not in court today for his daughters custody hearing. Just want to make sure I got that straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. What a surprise.

Sounds like the grandmother has basically raised the 5 year old. Video says she spent most of the summer there and had spent a lot of the past 5 years with her. Probably did the same with Lonzie. I wish Lonna had left them with her Mom instead of taking them to Jax to play house in an apartment bedroom. :(

For those wondering about the recording that was made that LL did not know about.
IMO she was saying that she was going 120 MPH, after probably shooting the fireball, doubt she was mixing it with anything. Ended up on a couch that she didn't know about. She was drunk, said it took her mind off of everything. Probably woke up later and didn't have a clue how she ended up on the couch.

In regards to the 120 (a hundred and twenty) comment from LL, I still believe she was talking about money. Most cars cannot make it to 120 mph and there's not many cheap 120 proof liquors out there, however, plenty of 100 and 151 proof. I couldn't find any slang for 120 that seemed relevant, however, I have read that drinking liquid hand sanitizer is continuing to get more popular and that is 120 proof.

In regards to the 120 (a hundred and twenty) comment from LL, I still believe she was talking about money. Most cars cannot make it to 120 mph and there's not many cheap 120 proof liquors out there, however, plenty of 100 and 151 proof. I couldn't find any slang for 120 that seemed relevant, however, I have read that drinking liquid hand sanitizer is continuing to get more popular and that is 120 proof.

IMO she was not in a car when she was going 120 MPH, she felt like she was spinning 120 MPH.

If she felt that way I don't think it would be in this context - "Somehow that led to one hundred and twenty and a cop and a couch I did not know about."

IMO she was not in a car when she was going 120 MPH, she felt like she was spinning 120 MPH.

"Going 120 miles an hour" is also an expression I have heard used to describe things moving way too fast or a person who is in hyperdrive. It's another version of "going a mile a minute" or "ninety miles an hour" which are probably more common.

IDK, it sounded to me like a sort of sequeway...."this and this and then OMG 120 miles an hour and BAM"

JMO.

If I was law enforcement I would be concerned that Lonna's mom would try to influence her granddaughter to support whatever story would benefit Lonna.

I don't know that I'd be concerned about that. It seems like g'mother had been a big part of the girl's life, so it would be natural for the girl to be placed with Lonna's mom.

Unlike WRE's parents, I haven't seen anything suggesting support of Lonna from her family (unless I missed it). Perhaps they recognize her true colors.

Also, LE has already spoken to Lonzie's sister. I personally don't think Grandma would risk losing her granddaughter, esp. Since she already lost her daughter -- first to drugs, next most likely to prison. My speculation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆