CA CA - Steve Voegtli, 63, Simi Valley, 12 Aug 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Steve G. Voegtli
11923619_10153617924324614_8169260240952870566_n.jpg

photo: https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/phot...91084613/10153617924324614/?type=1&permPage=1
Retired Firefighter Reported Missing in Simi Valley
"Police are asking for the public's help in finding a retired firefighter, often referred to by friends as "The Dude," who went missing last week in Simi Valley.

Steve G. Voegtli, 63, went missing from his home near Madera Road in the Wood Ranch area of Simi Valley at about 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 12th, according to the Simi Valley Police Department.

Officials say the circumstances of his disappearance are suspicious, but have not yet given details on the reason."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...eported-Missing-in-Simi-Valley-322425102.html

That's a reaLLY beautiful area. Only a few short miles from my home as the crow flies. Lots of hills and crevices to fall into though if he went for a hike. :candle:

This is my neck of the wood. Literally. I do not know him but live off the cross street he went missing from. The hills right behind Wood Ranch (the subdivision he lives in) are a very popular hiking spot but they were on fire last Friday. I doubt anyone would be up there right now, it may still be blocked off, but if he is confused or has memory lapses he may have gone there.

Simi Valley is surrounded by hills and hiking. It's been very, very warm though so most people venture out in the early morning hours.

I'm not sure how I can be of help but I know this area very well and feel the need to do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Officials say the circumstances of his disappearance are suspicious, but have not yet given details on the reason." I don't think they would be saying this if they thought he went on a hike and got lost. IMO.

"Officials say the circumstances of his disappearance are suspicious, but have not yet given details on the reason." I don't think they would be saying this if they thought he went on a hike and got lost. IMO.

I wondered if he went on a hike and harmed himself. Maybe he left a note or all his personal items (keys and phone) in a pile?? Our city has such an incredibly low crime rate, it's so safe. I just can't imagine someone kidnapping him or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what his diagnosis is for the memory problems and disorientation mentioned in the first link above. That could help narrow down some places to look.

That man was ID'd as Duke Herrera.

http://ktla.com/2015/09/21/body-of-...eath-in-san-gabriel-riverbed-in-lakewood-idd/

Now there's another possibility, a man's body found in Playa del Rey. According to the FB page, Mr. Voegtli's family is waiting to hear word on whether or not the deceased is their loved one.

http://ktla.com/2015/09/27/authorit...-remains-near-ballona-creek-in-playa-del-rey/

https://www.facebook.com/BringHomeSteveVoegtli/posts/1644976159118946

I knew Steve Voetgli when I was a child. He lived right around the corner from me, and was a friend of my older brothers and sisters. I was surprised to see his NamUs page when it came online last month. I regognized his uncommon name immediately (it is pronounced like the word "Vaguely", like as in "I vaguely remember").

I knew Steve Voetgli when I was a child. He lived right around the corner from me, and was a friend of my older brothers and sisters. I was surprised to see his NamUs page when it came online last month. I regognized his uncommon name immediately (it is pronounced like the word "Vaguely", like as in "I vaguely remember").

This is a photo out of our family photo album. The photo was taken in 1964. Steve is squatting down in the dark coat (Second from the left). My brother and two sisters are in back on the right.

:eek:fftopic: The kid in the middle with the crew-cut was my next door neighbor John Landrum. He died in 1979 the at the age of 21 when his car got caught in a flash flood.

1964%20Neighborhood%20Kids_1.jpg

• voegtli_steven.jpg
  • voegtli_steven2.jpg
  • voegtli_steven3.jpg
  • voegtli_steven4.jpg
  • voegtli_steven5.jpg
Voegtli, circa 2015
  • Missing Since 08/12/2015
  • Missing From Simi Valley, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 06/15/1953 (70)
  • Age 62 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'0, 180 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A white shirt and blue jeans.

• Medical Conditions Voegtli was in the early stages of Alzheimer's Disease at the time of his disappearance. He has memory loss and may be disoriented and appear unkempt because of his condition.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Voegtli has a tattoo of skeletons and the name "Denise" on his back. His nicknames are Steve and The Dude.

Details of Disappearance​

Voegtli was last seen at his home near Madera Road in the Wood Branch area of in Simi Valley, California at 4:00 p.m. on August 12, 2015. He disappeared without his phone, car, identification and bank and credit cards and has never been heard from again. Authorities believe he's missing under suspicious circumstances.

Voegtli is a retired Los Angeles County firefighter. He enjoys surfing and other sports, as well as walking on the trails in the Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Malibu and Agoura areas. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Simi Valley Police Department 805-583-6950

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 16, 2018; casefile added.

Actual photo
Public viewable

Missing​

Last seen alive: August 10, 2015

Circumstances: Left his place of living without identification, money, or phone. He left his vehicle at home and all cards for access to banks.
First Name: Steven
Last Name: Voegtli

Details​

Age When Last Known Alive: 62
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 72.0 to
Weight: 170.0 to

Location​

City: Simi Valley
State: California
Zip: 93065
County: Ventura

Appearance​

Hair: Brown
Head Hair: balding and significantly receding hir line.
Eye: Hazel
Tattoos: Grateful Dead tattoos on upper and middle back

1697253011271.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member