WA - Aeries Sherer, 6, found dead in home, Black Diamond, 22 August 2015

zwiebel

Reaction score
Police and the Major Crimes Taskforce are investigating after the body of a six-year-old girl was found in a home in Black Diamond, King County Washington, Saturday.

Firefighters responded to the call at 1:36 Saturday afternoon in the 25100 block of Roberts Drive, but were unable to revive the patient.

Police are interviewing family members but King Co. Medical Examiner's Office say positive identification of the child may take several weeks. Another child in the home was not involved in the incident.

http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...rl-found-dead-in-black-diamond-home/32218083/

Positive identification may take several several weeks? What am I missing?

Huh? The child may not be identified for weeks but firefighters attempted to revive and LE is interviewing family members? None of it makes sense :confused:

The girl was found dead in her bedroom by family members on Saturday.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/6-year-old-girl-found-dead-bedroom-black-diamond-p/nnPh3/

The link in the OP is the only one that says positive ID may take weeks. I wonder if they meant publicly ID? It seems clear LE think they know who she is if they are interviewing her family members. But even if that is what was meant, why on earth would they wait weeks to announce her ID to the public.

Is this a nicer area of town, where someone of means is getting special treatment by delaying the release of the ID? Or a case involving CPS or DFCS where the state is protecting its own employees? I have never heard of Black Diamond, Washington.

The girl was found dead in her bedroom by family members on Saturday.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/6-year-old-girl-found-dead-bedroom-black-diamond-p/nnPh3/

The link in the OP is the only one that says positive ID may take weeks. I wonder if they meant publicly ID? It seems clear LE think they know who she is if they are interviewing her family members. But even if that is what was meant, why on earth would they wait weeks to announce her ID to the public.

The way the article reads (now?) is that the COD and positive ID may take weeks--which I took to mean COD was going to be awhile.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

I looked up some demographic info on the city of Black Diamond on realtor.com. As of 2013, the average income per household is approx. $105,000. It sounds like a lot to me, I could live like a queen here in East Tennessee on that. But I know the cost of living there is much, much higher. It is an area that has more than doubled population since 2000. There is a newer library, gov't building, and a large planned community being built there. It is in the southern part of King County, east-northeast of Tacoma and southeast of Seattle. Most of the population is Caucasian, but there is a non-white population consisting of a mix of immigrants present in most other communities across America. Sounds like it was a little stop in the road that is becoming a bedroom community of the larger cities near it.

If you google her name you will come across a private site that has more information than has been revealed in MSM and that can't be discussed here yet. There are photos. Sweet child. Such a tragedy!

I'm not coming up with anything when I Google that name.

Pictures of Aeries remind me of Alanna Gallagher.

The articles about the case remind me of Carlene Rigby's case.

The parents called 911 in the afternoon, and "Major Crimes" is investigating? My theory is murder staged to look like an accident.

Very sad case...and little sleuthing to do with so few details :(

If I have to speculate here I'd agree with Eileen upthread that perhaps it was reported as an accident but something didn't add up so investigators are now involved. Eg: a strangulation being covered up as a mishap with curtain cords?!?

Where are pictures of her, and what is ?
The site that is mentioned here is a crowd-funding/fundraising site that is often used to raise funds for the family of a deceased person to help with expenses/counselling/future needs (a google search for "crowdfunding" will find it for you). Often its name gets automatically edited from WS posts as it's against the TOS to link to it. In this case it seems that the site is one of the few places to find a picture of little Aeries - RIP sweet child.

Seems strange - don't hear this kind of death very often. I hope it really was an accident.

If a positive identification will take some time as mentioned in the MSM reports (as well as the COD) then perhaps the COD was something that would hamper IDing? Fire? Chemicals? The Fire department were the first responders but there's no mention of a fire.

If a positive identification will take some time as mentioned in the MSM reports (as well as the COD) then perhaps the COD was something that would hamper IDing? Fire? Chemicals? The Fire department were the first responders but there's no mention of a fire.

I'm not sure why the article says that about a positive ID taking time when another article gives her name and there is a in her name. I wonder if that was just the initial report. All the articles we've linked, including the one with her name are from 8/22, the day she died.

I wonder how much information LE is keeping close to them. All they say is that she was found dead in the afternoon and now Major Crimes is investigating. I think LE would deliberately leave out a lot of information about a case in order to keep the media away, hope parents don't lawyer up, etc. It reminds me a bit of Carlene Rigby too...extremely low-profile, has to be on purpose. "A little girl was found dead in her home, nothing to see here folks, just interviewing the parents, investigating as a crime, move along now..." In Carlene's case, her parents are POI in her homicide, so I could see why LE would not want the pressure of the media/public on them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back