WV - Women sue university over hidden camera in shower room, filed August 2015

Perodicticus potto

Former Member
Reaction score
From http://www.wvgazettemail.com/article/20150814/GZ01/150819666/11045 :

Four women allege their former assistant basketball coach at Alderson Broaddus University captured nude photographs of them by planting a camera in their dorm’s restroom and then distributed the photos to male students.

The women, who all lived in Kincaid Hall, where former assistant coach Collins Murphy was the resident director, say they found the camera last year after one of them was forwarded a nude photograph of herself. ...

While under investigation by the Philippi Police Department last year, Murphy confessed to placing the camera and taking the photographs, according to the lawsuits. He hasn’t been charged, according to the magistrate court and circuit court clerks in Barbour County.

The women are suing on claims of invasion of privacy, among other things. In addition to other damages, they ask they be awarded for the costs it took to have the photos taken down from all websites and Internet forums.

(more at link)

This is my alma mater, sorry to say. I tried contacting them to ask for details of what they were doing to protect their students in the light of these revelations, but they ignored my e-mail, deleted my comments on Facebook and blocked me on Twitter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back