1327 users online (264 members and 1063 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CO - Lorraine Johnson, 48, shot to death, Aurora, 12 June 2005

A 14-year-old girl intent on recording her father's threats instead captured her mother's last conscious moments.

Her digital audio recording was played in a hushed Arapahoe County District courtroom Wednesday before a judge ordered Eddie Johnson to stand trial for the first- degree murder of his wife, Lorraine Johnson.

Judge Marilyn Leonard said Lorraine Johnson died after a "petty" and "childish" argument involving her husband's missing iPod and her missing passport.
    http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/lo...064098,00.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    A 14-year-old girl intent on recording her father's threats instead captured her mother's last conscious moments.

Her digital audio recording was played in a hushed Arapahoe County District courtroom Wednesday before a judge ordered Eddie Johnson to stand trial for the first- degree murder of his wife, Lorraine Johnson.

Judge Marilyn Leonard said Lorraine Johnson died after a "petty" and "childish" argument involving her husband's missing iPod and her missing passport.
    http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/lo...064098,00.html
    wow, that is messed up
    the poor daughters

So if it had to be played in court... was the dad pleading not guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    So if it had to be played in court... was the dad pleading not guilty?
    It doesn't say in the article, but I believe it may have been an arraignment hearing. The judge ordered the defendent to stand trial. He wouldn't offer a plea until the trial actually starts.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Those poor girls... I truely hope this ba$tard gets what he deserves !

he is in court today 17/10/05 he is charged with first degree murder .hope he gets life with no chance of getting out .may he suffer the way the family of lorraine are suffering

The 14 yo had a bat and said she was going to kill him when the police arrived.

Then when the guy was arrested they said he just stretched out with his legs across the seat. Cold blooded.

he has now put in a plea of not guilty.how can he do that thay got him on tape killing her,or don't that mean anything.he is as guilty as hell

Quote Originally Posted by chelseaboy
    he has now put in a plea of not guilty.how can he do that thay got him on tape killing her,or don't that mean anything.he is as guilty as hell
    Not guilty is just a plea. If he pleads guilty then there is no hope for a plea bargain, no hope of entanglements of whether his rights were properly read.
    Many who actually give confessions will enter a not guilty plea for trial. While this is strong evidence for trial, there are still other battles that can be fought (like whether this is admissible evidence). So he enters a not guilty, and hopes for a plea offer with acceptable terms- ie no death penalty, maybe or fewer years of incarceration.

i hope he dont get any sort of deal & he should stay behind bars till he is dead i'm sorry for the way that sounds but i have a good reason for saying this lorraine was my aunt

i hope he dont get any sort of deal & he should stay behind bars till he is dead i'm sorry for the way that sounds but i have a good reason for saying this lorraine was my aunt
    Chelseaboy, I am so sorry! I am sorry for your loss, and so sorry for the additional pain you will have to go through as this case goes to court.

Hon, the legal process is complicated and geared a lot toward protecting the suspect's rights. The defense attorney's job is to try to come up with any reason at all to try to keep his client from being convicted. And while the prosecutions job is to try to get him convicted, they have the additional burden of trying to make sure that the suspects are not trampled in the meantime, so that the case isn't lost in appeal.
    Try not to be too suprised at what the defense will do to try to keep him from being convicted. And always keep in mind, that just because he tries something (for example, trying to keep info out of court) that doesn't mean he will be successful.
    A trial is long, and can be very traumatic to the family. It may be full of ups and downs. But eventually they will get to the end. So hang in there, feel free to come here if you need to celebrate, to express your frustration, or to vent.
    Again, let me tell you how sorry I am for this tragedy that has happened to your aunt and your family.
    Also, how is your cousin doing? This has got to be so hard on her.

eddie johnson is going on trial on 2/8/2006 or for usa users 8/2/2006 lol.he has pleaded not guilty yet again in his last court date so the trial is now on that date.i hope that the court in denver will give out the justice that the family wishes to be given out atleast 30 years behind bars .if it was down to me it would be death he took away my aunt

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    eddie johnson is going on trial on 2/8/2006 or for usa users 8/2/2006 lol.he has pleaded not guilty yet again in his last court date so the trial is now on that date.i hope that the court in denver will give out the justice that the family wishes to be given out atleast 30 years behind bars .if it was down to me it would be death he took away my aunt
    Cheseaboy, we will be thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. I know the outcome of the trial will not bring your aunt back, but the satisfaction of knowing that justice is served may help this family to heal at least. I feel for your cousin as she was witness to this horrific event. If you are able to keep us up to date on the trial, we would appreciate it. Just know we are all thinking of you and wishing you all a day when you will be able to be put some closure on the person who did this.
    It's my own two cents. You don't have to read or like it.

chesleaboy,

I am so sorry for your loss.

The justice system can be very frustrating and can take a long time. Hang in there and understand that everyone involved wants to make sure they do things right the first time so they don't have to do it over again on appeal.

In my experience, (in AZ), most trial dates are "soft" which means they will be continued several times before an actual trial is held. Our homicide cases are taking 2-3 years to get throught the system and our capital cases are now averaging 4 yrs.

I really hope you get the justice you are looking for.

AZ

Smile

thank you all for your kind words.i will keep you all upto date with what is going on in the trial .thank you all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast