953 users online (192 members and 761 guests)  

Websleuths News

NH - Boy testifies against teacher in molestation case

A 12-year-old boy testified against a Gilford teacher charged with sexual assault, saying he was molested in his sleep when the teacher baby-sat him overnight.

The boy, who was 11 at the time, said he awoke one night last December to find William Crowley rubbing his genitals with a washcloth.

But Crowley's attorney, John Gillen, said that the statements had been taken out of context. He told jurors that his client was cleaning the boy after he'd wet the bed and that the evidence wouldn't prove the state's case.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Accused teacher acquitted on all counts

Jury clears Crowley of molesting 11-year-old boy
    By Sarah Liebowitz / Monitor staff
    September 10, 2005

LACONIA - A former Gilford Elementary School teacher was acquitted of sexually molesting an 11-year-old yesterday. Jurors at Belknap County Superior Court cleared William Crowley of three charges of assault against the boy after less than two hours of deliberations.

Crowley was arrested by the Gilford police the next day. He initially denied rubbing the boy's penis. But by the end of his interview with detective Kristian Kelley and captain Kevin Keenan, Crowley admitted touching the boy's genitals in order to clean him. He was held at Belknap County Jail from April 21 until early June, when he posted the $25,000 bail.

"I stepped over the boundary . . . I crossed the line," Crowley said according to the police transcript. "I've worked very hard, and you know what? I think I just destroyed it all."Following Crowley's arrest, he was placed on leave from Gilford Elementary School. In July, he resigned.

In closing arguments yesterday, Gillen suggested that Crowley's comments were taken out of context, and that the police were on a mission of extracting an admission of guilt from his client. Gillen said of Keenan: "A bad guy? No. Highly trained? Absolutely. Did he have a purpose that night in questioning my client? Absolutely."

But Christmann took Crowley's shifting testimony as evidence of his guilt. "He hid something because he knew he had a lot to lose," she said. Telling the boy that he'd wet himself, Christmann said, "was just an excuse to let him touch that boy's penis."

Much more at link: