820 users online (136 members and 684 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UT - Malachi Bradley, 10, High Uintas, 23 August 2015

PARADISE PARK, Uintah County — Search and rescue crews were looking for a 10-year-old boy Sunday evening after he went missing while hiking with his family, according to the Uintah County Central Dispatch Center.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=36130133&nid...-uintah-county

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KateB; 08-24-2015 at 12:04 AM. Reason: added photo.

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

Here's a Facebook page for the search:

https://www.facebook.com/malachibradleyrescue

According to the fb page he went missing at 10:30 am while hiking with his family.

Last edited by Jules71; 08-24-2015 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Added photo from fb group

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

Praying they find him

Near Paradise Park Campground and Paradise Park Reservoir.

The pushpin is the campground.

Last edited by Jules71; 08-24-2015 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Added map

Can someone help me find the scanner channel?

Uintah County
    Ashley National Forest
    Duchesne County (possibly)

Last edited by Jules71; 08-24-2015 at 02:23 AM.

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    On the FB page they said ground operations were suspended to make way for helicopters using infrared heat detection technology. I hope they find this guy tonight. He must be so scared.

Also so from the FB page:

On Aug 23rd around 10:30 am Malachi Bradley went missing while hiking in the High Uintas.

Hoping they can find him right away!
    "Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. Thatís why itís called the present."

Oh NO. I hope he is not in the water.
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

I hope they spot him with the heat detector! I can't imagine how scary this is for him and his family!

The family is stating they were camped at Paul Lake which is a 3.5 mile hike from the road.

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    I hope they spot him with the heat detector! I can't imagine how scary this is for him and his family!
    I always have more confidence that a 10 yr old can stay safe longer than a very young child. I hope he has found a safe warm place to burrow into until he is found.
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

We seem to have many stories lately of kids getting lost camping, hiking etc.

Somehow we need public service announcements reminding parents to teach children of all ages on what to do if this happens and make sure they always have basic survival items and for sure flashlights, whistles, bright clothing, anything to help them be found.

Here's what I found for Paul Lake Trail, if that is the trail they took from Paradise Park.

The best access route follows the inlet of Paradise Park Reservoir to a small meadow. Then head north 1.5 miles up a rugged, timbered incline to Little Elk Lake. From Little Elk, follow a poorly marked trail 0.25 mile north to Paul Lake. Paul is up on a level bench characterized by rugged, timbered slopes and lots of rocks. Keep your map and compass handy when trying to locate this lake. Campsites exist on the west shore, but horses wonít find much to eat around here. This is an excellent short hike that offers great potential for fine fishing and solitude. Thatís a rare combination these days. Nearby Little Elk Lake contains one good campsite at the south end. No fish or horse pasture exist. But light camping use prevails due to the deluxe accommodations at Paradise Park.

https://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trai...lid=HGR299-057

Last edited by Jules71; 08-24-2015 at 02:25 AM.

Most recent update says volunteers are not needed (since they can't search at night.)

https://www.facebook.com/malachibradleyrescue?fref=ts

I've been up there for a couple of missing child searches.
    They had happy endings... I hope this one does too.

Also it appears both parents are at the search site. (Though they aren't a couple.)
    They have lots of volunteers ready to go out should they be allowed to go out to search.
    They certainly appear to be getting the information out there well.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=36130133&nid..._cid=popular-2

The Facebook page invited others to help in the search, but the invitation was taken down at the request of sheriff's deputies, who said having to coordinate volunteers would divert resources from finding Malachi.

https://www.facebook.com/findgarrett?fref=ts

I'm surprised that Garrett's family isn't there yet. I'm sure they will be tomorrow morning.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast