GUILTY LA - Trooper Steven Vincent, 43, & Blake Brewer, 54, slain, Calcasieu Parish, 23 Aug 2015

al66pine

Reaction score
Thank goodness LE video captured this. And TG some drivers stopped to assist officer.

"A Louisiana state trooper was fighting for his life early Monday after he was shot in the head Sunday afternoon by a man whose pickup truck had run into a ditch, and who got out of the truck with a sawed-off shotgun."
"Police video showed 43-year-old Senior Trooper Steven Vincent, a 13-year state police veteran ... trying to talk a man out of the vehicle stuck sideways in a ditch,..
He said the truck door opened and the man ... Kevin Daigle, 54, of Lake Charles, came out with the shotgun."
"You could hear him breathing, telling him, `You're lucky. You're lucky -- you're going to die soon.' That's the words that came out of his mouth," ...
He said two or three drivers stopped immediately...
That driver wrestled the shotgun away from Daigle, and, with the others, got him to the ground, and snapped Vincent's handcuffs on his wrists, Edmonson said. As far as he knew, he said, the good Samaritans were unhurt."
bbm sbm
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/2...lly-injured-during-traffic-stop/?cmpid=edpick Aug 24

Amazing thT the bystanders stepped in so bravely. It is not looking so good for the trooper though. :rose:

Please take a moment from your Sunday afternoon to send prayers and well wishes to the Trooper and his family in this critical time," Edmonson wrote.

Within an hour, 5,100 people had shared the post and nearly 2,000 had posted messages saying they were praying.

Edmonson said Vincent has a wife and a 9-year-old son. Edmonson said one of Vincent's brothers is also a state trooper and another is police chief in the nearby town of Iowa.

"His family lives and breathes law enforcement," Edmonson said.

"More than anything else, my trooper needs your prayers," he said. "He's got a long, hard fight. ... He deserves a future -- not to die like this."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/2...lly-injured-during-traffic-stop/?cmpid=edpick

RIP
God bless this trooper, so very sad.
My heart brakes for his family

So sad. I'm sorry to hear this.

Maybe someone will name a street after him. For an LE, rather than the wrongdoer.

I'm beyond pissed at lowlife scum shooting our LE like they were tin cans on a fence rail, and not real, living, breathing people with loving families and dreams and a desire to help others. That drunken bum had the intent to kill when he came out of that truck.

All I need right now is for someone to point out that not ALL officers have loving families, dreams, and a desire to help others!

May this brave officer rest in peace.

So sad. I'm sorry to hear this.

Maybe someone will name a street after him. For an LE, rather than the wrongdoer.

I'm beyond pissed at lowlife scum shooting our LE like they were tin cans on a fence rail, and not real, living, breathing people with loving families and dreams and a desire to help others. That drunken bum had the intent to kill when he came out of that truck.

All I need right now is for someone to point out that not ALL officers have loving families, dreams, and a desire to help others!

May this brave officer rest in peace.

{{{{ hugs }}}}
I totally agree!

news.yahoo.com/police-man-shot-trooper-told-him-die-soon-102114307.html

Seeing this Daigle's face reminds me of an animal with rabies...except the animal is innocent. Disgusting monster !
Kudos to the passing motorists who wrestled the gun from Daigle and put the officer's cuffs on him !

May Officer Steven rest in peace. My condolences to his wife, Katherine, and to his son, Ethan.

www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/steven...te-trooper-dies-after-being-shot-head-n414836

Good video at the link. What a hero, this man and the other who stopped ! So sad , these ordinary citizens will live with this for the rest of their lives. :(

See ****s come in all sizes, ages, and colors!
The DP is to good for him.

"Vincent had been attempting to help a motorist whose pickup truck was apparently stuck sideways in a ditch..."*

What the what???

A trooper approaches a driver whose truck was apparently stuck in a ditch and driver reacts by firing shotgun at trooper?!?!?!? Even worse than I originally thought.

In quickly reading first article http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/2...lly-injured-during-traffic-stop/?cmpid=edpick & starting thread, I misunderstood a point, as I thought trooper stopped motorist for traffic offense.
* Not per article this a.m. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...te-trooper-dies-after-being-shot-head-n414836

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ering-la-cop-connected-second-killing-n415036

The Louisiana man accused of shooting a state trooper to death after a traffic stop on Sunday may have also killed a second man, officials said at a Monday afternoon news conference.

The victim, who police did not identify, was found Monday morning at a home in Lake Charles, La., where the suspect, Kevin Daigle, 54, is believed to have lived.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ering-la-cop-connected-second-killing-n415036

The Louisiana man accused of shooting a state trooper to death after a traffic stop on Sunday may have also killed a second man, officials said at a Monday afternoon news conference.

The victim, who police did not identify, was found Monday morning at a home in Lake Charles, La., where the suspect, Kevin Daigle, 54, is believed to have lived.

That would make this crime against the cop make more sense. JMO

Louisiana ... well, I would recommend death by alligator for this vicious creep.

This is just disgusting!

It absolutely breaks my heart every time I hear/read we have lost another police officer. It isn't just his family, friends, and those who worked with him that lost someone so important and vital. Every time we lose a police officer in the line of duty, we as a nation has lost.

Trooper Vincent served with honor only to be taken down by a disgusting dishonorable despicable man.

But even through this terrible tragedy comes goodness in the hearts of men. More and more lately I am reading about cases where ordinary citizens are coming to the aid of police officers. It renews my faith in humanity. It also shows that ALL lives matter including our police officers who put their lives on the line day after day when we are living in one of the most dangerous times we have faced in decades. Violent crimes are on the rise and so are the violent crimes being done against police officers.

It will be interesting to see the new statistics to see how many police officers were assaulted this year. The last stat I read it was over 58K police officers who were victims of assault yearly but I think those figures will be even higher when the new stats come out. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the killing of officers also exceed last year's murders.

I just read another article where a Wichita Kansas police officer was seriously injured when he was dragged a long distance by a man he had stopped for a traffic violation. After the suspect had hit three different cars with the officer hanging onto the vehicle he shot and killed the suspect.

But he was in such serious shape that citizens at the scene who came to render aid had to use his radio to call in and report what had happened. So ordinary citizens are stepping out of their comfort zones and coming to help officers in need.

RIP Trooper Vincent. Your watch is over.

God be with the Kansas officer and may he fully recover.

IMO

What makes me even sadder is this thread was opened about 7 hours ago now and only has 15 posts. Now that is really really sad to me.:(

What makes me even sadder is this thread was opened about 7 hours ago now and only has 15 posts. Now that is really really sad to me.:(

It's not really surprising, though. There's no mystery, no sleuthing needed -- the perp has been arrested. And I'm sure that everyone feels that this is a horrible, unfair tragedy. There's not as much discussion when everyone feels the same way.

It's not really surprising, though. There's no mystery, no sleuthing needed -- the perp has been arrested. And I'm sure that everyone feels that this is a horrible, unfair tragedy. There's not as much discussion when everyone feels the same way.

If it was reversed, and the cop had shot the driver, there would have been no mystery, no sleuthing needed. And there would have been hundreds of posts and days of rioting. JMO

Heroes emerge after trooper fatally shot

http://www.katc.com/story/29869332/heroes-emerge-after-trooper-fatally-shot

LeDoux said he was out for a drive Sunday when he saw flashing police lights about a quarter mile away and then was stopped by three men calling 911. They urged him to turn around after they had seen a man brandishing a gun by the trooper.

"One of the guys said, 'Don't go down there. That guy's got a gun,'" LeDoux said.

He took off anyway, heading straight to the scene, where the truck was in the ditch. When he arrived on the scene Daigle was standing over the trooper, looking through his pockets and trying to yank the trooper's gun from a holster.

"He told me, 'Everything's all right. Mind your own business. You need to go,'" LeDoux recalled. "All I could see was pure evil in his eyes."

Instead of leaving, LeDoux said: "I took off running. I tackled him. We hit the ground. I was on top of him and I called 911."

I'm proud of the good Samaritans in South Louisiana that came to the Troopers aid. They were able to subdue the suspect and perhaps prevent more rampage killing. I know that I wouldn't be so brave.

Rip, Trooper Vincent! Keeping his family in my thoughts and prayers.
His brother is a fellow trooper and another is an officer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back