AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makara

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...in-murray-mallee/story-fni6uo1m-1227443132484

Bones found at Wynarka in Murray Mallee

THE ADVERTISER JULY 15, 2015 4:41PM

POLICE have confirmed bones found in the Murray Mallee are those of a child.

The bones were found by a member of the public off the Karoonda Highway at Wynarka late this morning.

Major Crime detectives have been dispatched to the site.

A forensic examination of the scene is underway.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-15/child-bones-found-in-south-australian-murray-mallee/6622778

Child's bones found near highway in SA's Murray Mallee

The skeletal remains of a child have been found near the Karoonda Highway in South Australia's Murray Mallee.

The bones were found about two kilometres west of Wynarka, which is about 130 kilometres east of Adelaide.

Police said the investigation was continuing and more information would be provided "as soon as possible".

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Bringing this post over from the previous thread.

due to paywall Ive paraphrased the best I could

Adelaide business owner says he was returning from a family function along the Karoonda Highway in late May when a man aged about 60 and dressed in a suit emerged from scrubland and quickly crossed the road.

He appeared to be on a mobile phone at the time. He was closer to Tailem Bend than Wynarka. The man was neatly dressed and clean cut.
On recently returning to the site the witness believed to have found a black tub swarming with flies and a washing basket. He gave a statement last week.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...497110993?sv=c353f7f0820e8242b6e7a59fdc94104f

Have to say I am suspicious of this "black tub swarming with flies". Likewise the newest discoveries of the book and pink cloth (it looked a bit like a pillowcase to me) seem very convenient.... l concur with a previous sentiment: sincerely hope someone is not out there deceiving investigators with deliberate fake clues. :gaah:

Thanks Puggle. I think it would be very easy to conceal a car along that road for a short period of time. Kulde Road also looks like the road where ShaunO was riding his bike in his video.

Just out of interest:

There is a road that runs adjacent to the Karoonda Hwy.
This road can be accessed from Wynarka starting at Moorlands Road.

The road then becomes Kulde Road.

Potentially someone could be parked on Kulde Road and walk over to the Karoonda Hwy without their car being seen.

Just thought it worth noting.

I have rather crudely (sorry) mapped out Moorlands Road, which feds into Klude Rd on the map below

attachment.php

attachment.php

Every description n the SAPOL site uses exactly the same words "Described as being aged about 60, of Caucasian appearance, average height, lightly built, clean cut and neatly dressed".

I suppose it is possible he was wearing a suit, but I would think that if witnesses had said that, then it would be in the interest of the police to state that too and narrow down the search.

Thanks Puggle. I think it would be very easy to conceal a car along that road for a short period of time. Kulde Road also looks like the road where ShaunO was riding his bike in his video.

I thought ShaunO was riding along the track adjacent to the railway line. You can see the railway sleepers in a lot of the video footage.
He said he started at Karoonda and rode west along the line and along past Wynarka.

I thought ShaunO was riding along the track adjacent to the railway line. You can see the railway sleepers in a lot of the video footage.
He said he started at Karoonda and rode west along the line and along past Wynarka.

Thanks Jane, my mistake.

From experience in rural areas, real estate agents do letter box drops from their cars windows. They/I didn't get out of the car and walk from side to side. Only in residential areas you'd walk along the road to each letterbox.

Even a bank employee or mortgage broker wouldn't need to walk around in the bush. Who else could it be? A surveyor maybe? :thinking:

This is getting really strange. Are the rumours now becoming fact and being relayed to the media and police?

I've suddenly noticed more unwanted children's toys along the roadway around my area.

Have to say I am suspicious of this "black tub swarming with flies". Likewise the newest discoveries of the book and pink cloth (it looked a bit like a pillowcase to me) seem very convenient.... l concur with a previous sentiment: sincerely hope someone is not out there deceiving investigators with deliberate fake clues. :gaah:

Police have ruled out the book and pink cloth as having any connection to this case.

The horseback search started on Monday, with a children’s book and a piece of pink material found between Naturi and Tailem Bend alongside the Karoonda Highway, several kilometres from where the girl’s remains were found on July 14.

Major Crime Investigation Branch Detective Inspector Greg Hutchins said it was not believed the items were linked to the murder of the girl, whose remains were found near a suitcase and items of female clothing.

We don’t believe it’s related,” he told ABC 891 Adelaide this morning.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1227496185133

BBM.

I don't have a lot to add except I travel through the area frequently and I can say that I get no mobile phone coverage in and around wynarka (with Telstra) Optus is a little better

"We don't know if man or woman - but this image of the suitcase behind the tree came from one of our members called Kustom." -Puggle

40yo bloke from Melbourne :)

Interesting that they got the date wrong in that news segment
Whilst I gave the police my details, I haven't heard anything back.
I wouldn't know if they have even processed it.
I'm thinking it's an assumption and the link has been lifted from the forum.

I did decide I was going to avoid delving too deep into hypotheticals and speculation, but the more I read about suitcase man, the more I wonder if it isn't a drop off. That the case has been moved to somewhere easier to find after he has failed to find it the first time around. Which brings me to my next thought being that there was something in the case that he needed to recover.

All these new witnesses coming forward are throwing a few spanners in the works.

I'm just listening to a Professor on the news saying he would be willing to put together a facial reconstruction. He is the same guy that did this for the Snowtown victims. So far he hasn't been contacted by police. I wonder if he could, that could certainly be useful.

I remember in earlier posts someone replied to me why would you hide the car if you don't bother hiding the suitcase?

The man from the scrub and then out onto the road may have been checking the fences. Were some stock escaping? :dunno:

I'm hoping SAPOL have made contact with all of the geocaching members (regular and premium) that logged finds in the Wynarka area during the period in question. Geocachers are an observant bunch, and I wouldn't doubt many of the 'motorists' that checked out the suitcase were actually geocachers.

[video=youtube;TESTFYI2HFE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TESTFYI2HFE[/video]

I wonder if kustoms post got them back out there again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie