Ireland Ireland - Co. Galway, WhtMale, 30-40, in Rusheen Woods, Bulova watch, Sep'14

Is it possible to add to thread title "possibly Canadian" or anything similar by you or mods so he can get noticed by overseas members too?

Few details about him before links time out

Reconstructed facial image released in bid to identify Barna body
http://connachttribune.ie/reconstruction-image-released-in-bid-to-identify-barna-body-033/

reconstruction-700x357.jpg

He is described as being about 30- 40 years old, 6 feet tall, with black hair and a broad build.

He was wearing a gold bracelet watch, a black leather jacket, a longsleeved microfleece top, blue jeans and Athletech white and blue runners.

The clothing worn by the deceased man is a brand mostly sold in Canada.

He had a single silver key with EPA inscribed on it and the brand of his gold watch is Caravelle by Bulova.

Foul play is not suspected.

Gardaí say he could have been travelling around Ireland and may have stayed in B&Bs, hotels and hostels or may have left belongings at temporary accommodation.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...man-found-dead-in-isolated-wood-31475497.html

He was wearing a black leather jacket, blue jeans and white and blue 'Athletech' runners and had a black belt with metal flower design studs across its length with a silver colour buckle. The remains were discovered by a man walking his dog.

"We believe he had to have been around the area for a while because where he was found is an isolated spot that is hard to get to," he added.

Gardaí believe that the remains may have lain in the woods for between six to eight weeks prior to their discovery. However, because of the warm weather at the time the timescale may be shorter.

"If we take it that it was eight weeks that would have been at the end of the Galway races. He may have come to Galway for that, we just don't know.

Officers sent a DNA sample and a fingerprint from the deceased to Interpol but no match was found.

Anyone who can assist in identifying this male is asked to contact Salthill Garda Station on 091-514720, The Garda Confidential Telephone Line 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station.

I kept hearing about this on the radio all last week, it caught my attention because he was found on my birthday last year. I dont remember hearing about this case last year though!

Front door key the clue which led to identification of man found dead in 2014

GARDAÍ HAVE ESTABLISHED the identity of a man whose body was discovered in Galway woodlands in 2014.

Officers said the man has been identified as a Polish national after new information came to light in recent weeks.

The man was found in the coastal area of Rusheen Bay Woods by a man walking his dog in September 2014. No foul play was suspected in the man’s death and gardaí believed his passing was a personal tragedy. He had very few items in his possession, making it more difficult to obtain his identity.
---
A garda spokesman said: “Among the man’s few possessions when located, was a single silver key with EPA inscribed on it, Sterling and Euro currency, as well as a Canadian/USA watch and clothing believed to have been bought in the United States/Canada. It was the key which resulted in the unlocking the mystery surrounding this man’s identity.”

In recent weeks two Polish people contacted Gardaí after only becoming aware of the previous appeals.

They informed officers that a man had been living with them in a house in Galway in late September 2014 and had advised them to rent his room out after a certain period of time if he did not return.

“Since that time the men had changed the locks in their home, but had retained the old locking mechanism. Gardaí were able to confirm that the key which had been found on the deceased man was a match to this locking mechanism”, the spokesman added.

This led to a definite line of enquiry as to the person’s identity, and this past week a DNA comparison was conducted via Interpol in Poland, confirming the man to be a Polish national.

Front door key the clue which led to identification of man found dead in 2014

Published 5 Feb 2020
How dead man was identified after a five-year investigation

00138c21-800.jpg

A chance discussion between a group of Polish men working in Connemara led to a breakthrough in the effort to identify a man whose body was discovered on the outskirts of Galway over five years ago.

The remains were found in a wooded area close to Rusheen Bay in September 2014.
---
While the case remained open, the man was laid to rest in Bohermore Cemetery in Co Galway.
---
It was only when a number of men were discussing missing person cases, during a tea break in Connemara in recent months, that the mystery began to unravel.

The men, who were from Poland, started talking about how a fellow countryman had rented a room in a house they occupied for a brief period in 2014. He left unexpectedly one day, leaving his belongings with a note telling the other tenants to rent out his room and dispose of his possessions, if they did not hear from him again.

When there was no further contact, in due course they moved the man's personal effects into the attic and rented out his room to a new tenant. As a precautionary measure, they changed the lock on the front door of the property.

During this conversation, the case of the unidentified man was raised and the facial reconstruction from some years earlier was found online. When they saw the image, his former housemates agreed that it bore a resemblance to the man who had lived with them.

They contacted gardaí in Salthill and told them of their concerns. While the lock had been changed on their house, they had retained the old lock and when checked, the key found on the deceased fitted it perfectly.
---
It subsequently turned out that the Polish men had used social media to try and contact the man's family after he left his belongings and did not return. They posted messages to a number of people in Poland with the same surname in 2015. But it was four years before they received a response from someone claiming to be his relation.

Liaising with their Polish counterparts, gardaí then made contact with the family in question and sought a DNA sample to cross reference it with the one taken from the deceased. Tests were carried out on swabs taken from the dead man's elderly parents in recent weeks and they have confirmed the relationship.
---
It has now emerged that the man who died on the shores of Rusheen Bay was aged 46, left rural Poland in the early 1990s, and travelled to the US. He lived in the Florida area for around two decades and was only in intermittent contact with his family. There is still no indication as to why he travelled to Ireland or why he decided to move to Galway.
---
Efforts are now under way to arrange a visit to the city by the man's relatives, so they can pay tribute to him and remember him at his final resting place in Galway.

How dead man was identified after five-year inquiry

Or he previously had a drinking problem, apparently. You can find his mugshots on Mugshots.com, which I don't like.

I don't like Mugshots.com because they leak mugshots online and people arrested pay for their photo to be taken off but it doesnt

Also, I tried to watch the RTE One streaming of this, but I'm not in Ireland and it didn't let me. Does anyone have the full video?

They usually upload programmes straight after broadcast but I can’t find it. I’ll check later.

Teodor Bruzgo

August 5, 1968 - August-September 2014

Attachments

• Bruzgo1.jpg
    Bruzgo1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Bruzgo2.jpg
    Bruzgo2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online