12-year-old saves drink but puts hand through $1.5m painting

zwiebel

Reaction score
A 12-year-old walking with his class -and a drink - around an art museum in Taipei, Taiwan, got momentarily distracted and tripped.

He managed to avoid spilling his drink as he plunged across a step protecting a $1.5 million Paolo Porpora still life painting, but unfortunately put the back of his hand straight through the canvas in doing so.

The museum was understanding and said although the boy 'was nervous' they were not going to ask him to pay as they are insured.

Video of the acccident, with a chirpy music soundtrack added, at the link.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ing-worth-15-million-10470383.html?icn=puff-1

awww Poor kid. I can't believe they let kids bring food and drinks into the art museum though. that seems like a recipe for disaster.

I am surprised that a painting that old and valuable is only behind a rope barrier and the public....Poor kid, probably taking this very hard....

His parents must have literally had heart failure , I used to go numb taking my daughter into the ceramic section of the supermarket .

but on a good note at least there was no hesitation in the gallery stating it wouldn't cost them money ,

Now that's a story to tell your school mates
:gathering::floorlaugh:

That video really does make me laugh. I used to work in a middle school and the boys are so awkward a that age. They trip over their own feet on a daily basis. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back