802 users online (115 members and 687 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CA - Conservative candidate deletes FB page after violent and sexist posts revealed

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wili...osts-1.3203206

"A Montreal Conservative candidate has scrapped his social media accounts after posts from his Facebook page containing violent and sexist content surfaced online."

Unlike the Liberal candidate who resigned over Facebook comments she made when she was 16, this Conservative candidate's comments were made as recently as last year -- and has made no comment thus far about resigning.

He didn't even apologize.

Wow.

All the major parties suck. I plan to vote for a party that has never been elected to Parliament, the Libertarians.

Are you guys serious? LOL I read the headline about VIOLENT, SEXIST posts and was ready for some truly ugly things....and these are just silly jokes. They are the usual FB posts and memes that people share all of the time. Are we really calling this VIOLENT?

"Ladies: Everytime [sic] you complain that there are no good guys left, remember you left us in the friend zone," Moughrabi posted in August 2014.

Other posts on the Tory hopeful's page were more violent. In February 2014, Moughrabi posted "Never get into fights with ugly people, they have nothing to lose."

That August, he posted, "Karma takes too long. I'd rather beat the **** out of you now."

I love the bolded one. LOL I hardly call it violent. It is a JOKE. He was not seriously threatening to beat anyone up. Gheeezzzz. Have we lost all sense of humor to political correctness these days?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    He didn't even apologize.

Wow.
    Apologize to who for what? To FB users because she shared incoming jokes and memes ?

I think saying he would beat the **** out of someone is, indeed, violent.

If your or I posted that....meh.

But when you decide to become a politcal figure, you might want to rethink the stupid **** you post. Or maybe those are the sorts of poor choices we do not want to see in an elected official.

JMO, MOO, IMO.

If the candidate believed that he should own his words, why would he delete his social media accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    If the candidate believed that he should own his words, why would he delete his social media accounts?
    Well, he didn't mean THOSE words. Lol. That's just silly.

Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!

Honestly, I don't find those nearly as offensive as the young woman's comments (the one who resigned). These may be in poor taste, but I too have seen most, if not all, of these as memes on Facebook. He definitely fails in originality, but I don't really think those particular posts are that awful. Were they actually directed at specific people? If they were, that's different, but as I understand they were just stupid Facebook statuses? Stupid, but I wouldn't classify them as violent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post
    I think saying he would beat the **** out of someone is, indeed, violent.

If your or I posted that....meh.

But when you decide to become a politcal figure, you might want to rethink the stupid **** you post. Or maybe those are the sorts of poor choices we do not want to see in an elected official.

JMO, MOO, IMO.
    So if you or I post it then it's OK> But if you want to run for political office then it's not? WHY? Why is it OK for you and I but not for some political candidate?

He obviously was just posting a joke that was going all around FB. I have felt that exact same way here on WS:

"Karma takes too long. I'd rather beat the **** out of you now."

Does it mean I am REALLY going to beat the chit out of someone? NO. It just means that Karma is sometimes too slow. That was the point of the joke. I see no violence in this joke at all.

Probably because these are not his own words. These are FB jokes and memes that get sent around and shared. Big difference.

I just realized this is Stéphane Dion's riding and the Liberal candidate Joly looks like a winner. Let this Con say whatever he wants.

Thought readers of this thread might appreciate the interest over an Irish politician's old tweet that was rediscovered last month. Frankly, it made me want to vote for him, whatever his politics! It was:

'Eoin, did u collect the eggs'

The Daily Edge has tracked down something of an explanation to the mysterious tweet, though it's still bizarre to me. Interestingly, the twitter account that originally tracked down that tweet, and collected those of other politicians, has just had its account blocked by twitter. It issued a press release saying politicians had as much right to make twitter mistakes and delete them as other users, so the account was acting unfairly in collating them.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/egg-tweet-se...16142-Jul2013/

http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/24/twi...-30-countries/
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    Thought readers of this thread might appreciate the interest over an Irish politician's old tweet that was rediscovered last month. Frankly, it made me want to vote for him, whatever his politics! It was:

'Eoin, did u collect the eggs'

The Daily Edge has tracked down something of an explanation to the mysterious tweet, though it's still bizarre to me. Interestingly, the twitter account that originally tracked down that tweet, and collected those of other politicians, has just had its account blocked by twitter. It issued a press release saying politicians had as much right to make twitter mistakes and delete them as other users, so the account was acting unfairly in collating them.

http://www.dailyedge.ie/egg-tweet-se...16142-Jul2013/
    That's funny and also reminds me no one at my house collected eggs today! Sorry chickens!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast