624 users online (71 members and 553 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Mikanzis Spinella, 19, Silver Springs, 22 Aug 2015

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...824-story.html

''I think he's hurt,' mom of missing UCF student says"

"Before Mikanzis Spinella packed his things to head back to the University of Central Florida for his sophomore year, he told his family he was going out to sell his Xbox 360 on Saturday afternoon.

The 19-year-old had just purchased a Sony Playstation 4, and no longer wanted the Microsoft gaming system.

"We thought he was going to the GameStop [electronics store] because it's not too far from where we live," his mother, Debora Spinella, said Tuesday.

So Spinella took off in his white four-door Oldsmobile 88 — with Florida tag CPCR43 — from his family's Silver Springs home in Marion County.

That was about 2:30 p.m.

No one has seen him since.

It's been three days.

"He did it over the internet. We think it [the sell] was through Craigslist," his mother said. "That's what the [deputies] are thinking."

Oh No. I HATE Craigslist. We have seen a lot of tragic cases here stemming from CL.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

isnt there a record of his ad though?

i hope he was just stresssed out about going back to school..... or not i hope he is ok and did not be harmed or harm himself.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    He may have answered an ad, and then the ad was deleted. It does seem there must be SOME trace on his phone or computer of having been in contact if he used Craigs List.

I use it a lot, and always either take someone with me, or agree to meet in a public parking lot.

There's nothing now on Craigslist that looks like it involves him, but I'm sure the family and LE has checked that out already.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I think they are just speculating a Craigslist possibility for now. They should check his room to see if he took all of the games as well or just the console.

But I must admit. The guy looks pretty depressed in that pic above. I hope he is okay. Some kids take off because they don't want to tell their parents that they are not going back to school. It does happen.

But Katydid23. You are right. It will be very easy to see who he was meeting if the Craigslist offer and sale happened. The last emails or numbers on his phone will confirm that fairly quickly.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time; But guess what? The Bus Stops Here (Life No Parole/ Don't Pass Go: Don't Collect Your $200)

Wonder if he was in a car accident somewhere yet to be discovered ?

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    That's a good point. It can happen. Wasn't it Julius Erving's son who went missing, also in FL, and it was later discovered that his car had gone off the road and submerged in water? I hope this isn't a repeat of that.

Crossing my fingers that there will be recent activity on his computer and/or cell phone that will give police an indication of where to search, even if they choose not to publicize the info's existence at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    When ever a person is missing with their car this is usually where my mind goes first. Wherever he is, I do hope he is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    When ever a person is missing with their car this is usually where my mind goes first. Wherever he is, I do hope he is ok.
    Especially in Florida. Seems like there are so many bodies of water around that can hide a car. Did they ping his cell? I am sure they tried that already.

He was found safe tonight.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...824-story.html

I am almost convinced that I saw him today on OBT. I was driving down the road, and a really, really skin young man was walking down the sidewalk. He looked very out of place for the area, which usually has more than its share of shady characters hanging out in front of businesses, on corners and at bus stops. I wonder if it was him.

Did this used to happen like this? Why are young people just up and wandering off without telling anyone where they're going? I wonder if it's just a reaction to being TOO connected, always having a cell phone at the ready, and finally they have to get away and get a little distance and so they do this. Just go AWOL. Instead of what people USED to do, which was announce they needed a little time away and then take it.

Or, really, I guess just taking some time off and it wasn't so obvious because back then you weren't missing just because you weren't answering a phone you kept on your body every 3 minutes. You might have some time to be missing and have an adventure before LE was called.

On the other hand, if you plan to go missing don't tell your family you're going to sell a gaming unit and you'll be back right quick and then disappear for days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast