1209 users online (276 members and 933 guests)  

Websleuths News

19 Navy SeaBee's in Gulf Port Die

Just heard this 19 navy seabee's died in Gulf Port MI when a barrack building collasped on them.

Not been reported on the news but have friend who's son is stationed there.

Edit to say a Sea Bee is the Navy construction crew.

Sorry, what are seabees? are they soldiers??

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Sorry, what are seabees? are they soldiers??
    Yes, they are Navy Construction Battalion Maintenance. CB's...SeaBee's.
    Just My Humble Opinion

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    What a terrible shame. May God rest their souls.

Oh wow, what a shame - 19 people? this is disaster after disaster!

This is a terrible tragedy. It is so hard to take when the people that go in to help become victims themselves. Unfortunately, Hurricane Katrina will be claiming many more lives before this disaster is under control. I am keeping all of the people that are there helping in my prayers along with all of the people that have lost their homes, lives and jobs. This gets more sad every day.
    Just My Humble Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliMom
    This is a terrible tragedy. It is so hard to take when the people that go in to help become victims themselves. Unfortunately, Hurricane Katrina will be claiming many more lives before this disaster is under control. I am keeping all of the people that are there helping in my prayers along with all of the people that have lost their homes, lives and jobs. This gets more sad every day.
    It truly does get more sad everyday. We are not fully addressing the effect of water borne diseases that are on the horizen. We need to compact this tragedy in some way.

God be with their families.

Corpus Christi, Texas

God bless them, and their families. I just can't seem to cry enough tears lately. The tragedy just keeps compounding. And as concernedperson says, the water borne disease deaths to come are looming on the horizon. The final death toll of this storm is going to be enormous.

MaryKate, is your friend's son OK? I hope he wasn't one of the seabees who lost their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    God bless them, and their families. I just can't seem to cry enough tears lately. The tragedy just keeps compounding. And as concernedperson says, the water borne disease deaths to come are looming on the horizon. The final death toll of this storm is going to be enormous.

MaryKate, is your friend's son OK? I hope he wasn't one of the seabees who lost their lives.
    Don't go this alone. I am always available. Yell, if you need me. Please don't fight this by yourself. I am watching your backside. I fall apart at odd times of the day and regroup later or I wake up in the middle of the night and think this hasn't happened but a doomsday scenario appears.It is truly PTSD.I know how hard it is and then we have to admit that people we have known all our lives are partly responsible.It is the horror of all horrors. But, change is on the horizen even if I have to move back to Louisiana. Which wouldn't be good for me.

My Friends son is fine

Thanks for asking.. BUt there will be hell to pay for putting these boys at risk.

Editted to add that I feel for both of you... THe scope of this hasn't quit hit me yet, then again I find I can only come in to this forum briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux

{{HUGS}} kgeaux! I wish I had words to give you ease. All I can do is keep you and everyone else in my prayers and close to my heart.
    If you ever need a sounding board, just pm me. I would be more than happy to lend an ear or a shoulder, via phone or net or any way you need.

{{HUGS}} repeated over and over.
    Suzi

Reputation is what you are in the light.
    Character is what you are in the dark.