19 Navy SeaBee's in Gulf Port Die

Amraann

Former Member
Reaction score
Just heard this 19 navy seabee's died in Gulf Port MI when a barrack building collasped on them.

Not been reported on the news but have friend who's son is stationed there.

Edit to say a Sea Bee is the Navy construction crew.

Sorry, what are seabees? are they soldiers??

What a terrible shame. May God rest their souls.

Oh wow, what a shame - 19 people? this is disaster after disaster!

This is a terrible tragedy. It is so hard to take when the people that go in to help become victims themselves. Unfortunately, Hurricane Katrina will be claiming many more lives before this disaster is under control. I am keeping all of the people that are there helping in my prayers along with all of the people that have lost their homes, lives and jobs. This gets more sad every day.

CaliMom said:
This is a terrible tragedy. It is so hard to take when the people that go in to help become victims themselves. Unfortunately, Hurricane Katrina will be claiming many more lives before this disaster is under control. I am keeping all of the people that are there helping in my prayers along with all of the people that have lost their homes, lives and jobs. This gets more sad every day.

It truly does get more sad everyday. We are not fully addressing the effect of water borne diseases that are on the horizen. We need to compact this tragedy in some way.

God be with their families.

God bless them, and their families. I just can't seem to cry enough tears lately. The tragedy just keeps compounding. And as concernedperson says, the water borne disease deaths to come are looming on the horizon. The final death toll of this storm is going to be enormous.

MaryKate, is your friend's son OK? I hope he wasn't one of the seabees who lost their lives.

kgeaux said:
God bless them, and their families. I just can't seem to cry enough tears lately. The tragedy just keeps compounding. And as concernedperson says, the water borne disease deaths to come are looming on the horizon. The final death toll of this storm is going to be enormous.

MaryKate, is your friend's son OK? I hope he wasn't one of the seabees who lost their lives.

Don't go this alone. I am always available. Yell, if you need me. Please don't fight this by yourself. I am watching your backside. I fall apart at odd times of the day and regroup later or I wake up in the middle of the night and think this hasn't happened but a doomsday scenario appears.It is truly PTSD.I know how hard it is and then we have to admit that people we have known all our lives are partly responsible.It is the horror of all horrors. But, change is on the horizen even if I have to move back to Louisiana. Which wouldn't be good for me.

My Friends son is fine:)

Thanks for asking.. BUt there will be hell to pay for putting these boys at risk.

Editted to add that I feel for both of you... THe scope of this hasn't quit hit me yet, then again I find I can only come in to this forum briefly.

kgeaux said:

{{HUGS}} kgeaux! I wish I had words to give you ease. All I can do is keep you and everyone else in my prayers and close to my heart.
If you ever need a sounding board, just pm me. I would be more than happy to lend an ear or a shoulder, via phone or net or any way you need.

{{HUGS}} repeated over and over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back