Identified! VA - Albemarle Co., Male Skeletal, in creek near Rte 20, Aug'15 - John Cromley

popsicle

faith hope love
Reaction score
AlbemarleCoPolice ‏@AlbemarleCoPD 18h18 hours ago
The ACPD is investigating human remains which were discovered this afternoon at 5:26 in the area of Scottsville Rd & the I64 ramp.

AlbemarleCoPolice ‏@AlbemarleCoPD 18h18 hours ago
The human remains were discovered by someone in the area. An active investigation in underway.

AlbemarleCoPolice ‏@AlbemarleCoPD 16h16 hours ago
Update -the human remains discovered today appear to be those of a male but that will have to be confirmed by the Medical Examiner's Office.

Tyler Hawn ‏@thawncbs19 18h18 hours ago
#UPDATE: Exit 121B on I-64 East closed while ACPD investigates body found. @Newsplex

Tyler Hawn ‏@thawncbs19 18h18 hours ago
#UPDATE: ACPD says a biker found skeletal remains in a ditch on the ramp. Off to ME for investigation. @Newsplex

Dan Schutte ‏@schuttedan 18h18 hours ago
More fr body found investigation.
CNXzfTaWwAAGbHZ.jpg

CNXvOUrVAAAkTfl.jpg

Hopefully since they're skeletal remains a family will have some answers soon. That being said, I'm sure those answers will only lead to more questions. Sending out prayers for the unknown this morning.

The Albemarle County Police Department is investigating the discovery of human skeletal remains. A cyclist traveling off a bike path located the remains around 5:26 pm on Wednesday, August 26th. The remains were in a creek which runs along Rt. 20 near the Interstate 64 off ramp.

Detectives believe they have identified the victim but the agency is waiting on positive confirmation from the Medical Examiner's Office before releasing the name of the deceased. The remains have been sent to the ME's Office for identification and additional information regarding the cause and manner of death.

Based on preliminary information, the remains appear to be those of a male and they have likely been there for a few weeks up to one month. An exact time frame is unknown at this time.
As with any case of this nature, we treat it as a criminal investigation until proven otherwise.

https://www.facebook.com/AlbemarleCountyPoliceDepartment/posts/712174838927049

a skeleton in 2 weeks is fast, has it been really hot?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back