MI MI - Brownstown Twp, WhtMale 35-65, UP13067, Skeletal in woods, transistor radio, Oct'14

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Police working to ID body found last October in Brownstown Township

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: 8 m Updated 4 m

BROWNSTOWN TOWNSHIP, Mich. -
Police are asking for help identifying a man's body which was found Oct. 29, 2014 in a wooded area in Brownstown Township.

Michigan State Police say hunters found the body, which is a white man. The body was badly decomposed, leading police to believe it had been in the woods for a while...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-last-october-in-brownstown-township/34952600

sounds like a suicide :( i hope they are able to send him home.

James Comeau missing since June 29 from Sterling Heights? VVhttps://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/29340/1

Attachments

• james comeau with brownston MI uid.png
    james comeau with brownston MI uid.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 107
I know it's a long shot. But given the red tint to the hair, and goatee. Given that he had a transistor radio (not very common these days) I put in a suggestion that this could be Gordon Page Jr.
He was last seen hitch hiking interstate 96. Follow 96 east and you come pretty darned close to this area.
Like I said, long shot. But, who knows.
I thought James was an excellent match, but it seems he was found.

I know it's a long shot. But given the red tint to the hair, and goatee. Given that he had a transistor radio (not very common these days) I put in a suggestion that this could be Gordon Page Jr.
He was last seen hitch hiking interstate 96. Follow 96 east and you come pretty darned close to this area.
Like I said, long shot. But, who knows.
I thought James was an excellent match, but it seems he was found.

I had the timeline wrong, too. I thought James went missing in 2014, not this year :p

Page does look like a possibility. That radio is ancient.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13067

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Eric Franks 1972 Michigan
William Mayfield 1982 North Carolina
Gordon Page Jr. 1963 Michigan
Mikel Schepke 1965 Michigan

He's listed as a 35-65 year old white man, about 73" tall, no distinguishing body features. He has dentals, DNA, and a very old transistor radio.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13067

He's listed as a 35-65 year old white man, about 73" tall, no distinguishing body features. He has dentals, DNA, and a very old transistor radio.

Transistor radio...Maybe a kid in the 60's, early 70s and possibly narrowing his age down to the 50's to 65 range.
Was Robert Herrick ruled out...since he has DNA on file?
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27434/5
attachment.php

Attachments

• Robert Herrick.png
    Robert Herrick.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 102
I got a really quick answer to my question from Lori at Namus. Thank you Lori !!!

Even if investigators looked at a possible match early on in an investigation, and ruled it out, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will reveal that information to the public on Namus.
Good to know...

Transistor radio...Maybe a kid in the 60's, early 70s and possibly narrowing his age down to the 50's to 65 range.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27434/5
attachment.php

I'm not sure if this MP fits in the postmortem interval of months, he was last seen on Oct. 18 2014, decomposition can be quick depending on the circumstances, but that quick? Does a local know when you can put on shorts/which periods of the year. UID had shorts on so I guess he was killed during summer?

I'm not sure if this MP fits in the postmortem interval of months, he was last seen on Oct. 18 2014, decomposition can be quick depending on the circumstances, but that quick? Does a local know when you can put on shorts/which periods of the year. UID had shorts on so I guess he was killed during summer?

I'm not sure about the decomposition time frame, either. But, when the circumstances were described as, "last known whereabouts the Kensington Inn", I questioned the date he was last seen, since he may have been transient.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
attachment.php

Robert Herrick's body was found in March 2019. "Officials said the evidence indicates his death was likely the result of suicide in either October or November of 2014."
Police: Skeletal remains of man missing for 5 years found in Howell

Robert Herrick has been added to the exclusions, but we knew that already.

I called the Brownstown PD so they can look into these two cases.

Attachments

• IMG_3736.png
    IMG_3736.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3735.png
    IMG_3735.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors