Identified! MT - Missoula, UnsFem UP14152, 30-60, grey hair, maybe dyed red, Aug'15

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 14152
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14152

Unidentified Female

* Found August 14, 2015 in Missoula, MT
* Estimated Year of Death: 2015

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 30-60 years old
* Approximate Height: 63' estimated
* Distinguishing Characteristics:
Grey roots, possibly dyed red.
* Dentals: Available
* Clothing/Jewelry:
Blue Jeans, black sweatshirt, tan hooded jacket with fake fleece lining, black rubber Croc sandals (not worn, held near body)

* DNA: Available, test complete.

Case History:
A deceased female was found in an advanced state of decomposition/mummification by mountain bikers.

Looks to me like she was found July 16, 2015 and the Namus entry was completed August 15?

Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 2015-11917
Date found July 16, 2015 00:00
Date created August 14, 2015 10:35
Date last modified August 14, 2015 17:06

The Namus information indicates she was found in or near a transient camp.

There are a LOT of homeless/transient/low-income people in the Missoula area, especially since the paper mills shut down. If someone could do a reconstruction sketch, she may be recognized by someone who hangs out by the river.

Any new info ?? The area where she was found used to be very popular with the transient crowd. The area above the trail was well used too. That trail once was the Milwaukee Railroad grade. As mentioned before, a sketch posted to the Poverello Center in Missoula would be helpful. The more time that passes the bigger the chance that she won't be recognized

is it a former transient camp or a present day transient camp?

You'd think if others were camped out they would have alerted someone that their friend/fellow camper had died.

As a class, the transient population tends not to be interested in having any contact with law enforcement...we have other cases on here where apparently deaths were not reported by people who knew about them.

As a class, the transient population tends not to be interested in having any contact with law enforcement...we have other cases on here where apparently deaths were not reported by people who knew about them.

Maybe I should elaborate. Let's say you and I are among a group of 25-30 transients camped out. Some come and go others stay. If one of our fellow transients dies right then and there, do you think everyone else is just going to go about their business with a body amongst them? I don't think so.

They'd either a. alert someone of authority that their friend died or b. move the body out of the camp. Even then I think they would give a fellow "traveler" a little dignity and bury her and not leave her exposed like that.

Maybe I am totally misreading that population but I have seen some human interest stories where they do have some genuine concern for one another and it would be out of character to abandon someone like that.

Maybe I should elaborate. Let's say you and I are among a group of 25-30 transients camped out. Some come and go others stay. If one of our fellow transients dies right then and there, do you think everyone else is just going to go about their business with a body amongst them? I don't think so.

They'd either a. alert someone of authority that their friend died or b. move the body out of the camp. Even then I think they would give a fellow "traveler" a little dignity and bury her and not leave her exposed like that.

Maybe I am totally misreading that population but I have seen some human interest stories where they do have some genuine concern for one another and it would be out of character to abandon someone like that.

Of course there's genuine concern and I didn't mean to imply otherwise. But we have a whole bunch of cases where a homeless person apparently died and went undiscovered for some time, though others in the area had to know about them. So it's kind of strange. I imagine the thinking is that the person's dead and calling the authorities won't help them but could hurt others (arrests, camp removed, etc.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back